Covered in Colors

Roses are Orange, Violets are green

A few weeks had passed and, while the colors were easier to tolerate, Taeyong's feelings for Doyoung were increasing by the minute. He couldn't so much as look at Doyoung without feeling nervous. He resorted to avoiding Doyoung whenever possible, only really seeing him first thing in the morning. It seemed like a good idea at first but the longer Taeyong avoided him the more lonely he felt. He finally found his soulmate after countless years of searching and the first thing he does is try and kick them out of his life completely. Lee Taeyong you really are an idiot.

 

He stared at the clock next to his bed. 1:57 AM. Finding your soulmate wasn't as good as it seemed in the movies. All he could think about was Doyoung, he was everywhere.

 

Maybe he should just confess.

 

The thought terrified him. Taeyong didn't like showing that side of himself. He'd built up an image of being cold and uncaring, the calm and collected leader type, the alpha male that other men aspired to be, he didn't want to seem vulnerable. But on the other hand, what's the worst that could happen? Doyoung was his soulmate after all, he was supposed to stick with Taeyong no matter what. He was still contemplating whether he should actually go through with it when he was knocking on Doyoung's door.

 

When Doyoung opened the door he looked completely dishevelled. Taeyong realised he probably woke him up and would've felt bad if he didn't have so much he needed to say. "Hyung it's 2 in the morning, what do you want?" He paused for a minute. The younger's bitter tone and scrunched expression made it clear he wasn't in the best of moods. Of course, Taeyong came out with the stupidest thing he possibly could of. "Did you know the sky is blue?" Doyoung stared at him for a minute in disbelief. "You woke me up at 2 in the ing morning to tell me the sky is blue?" Silence. Doyoung rolled his eyes. "I'm going back to bed." Before he could even turn around Taeyong grabbed his arm. "Wait, you didn't let me finish." "Taeyong I'm not having another conversation about what color the sky is, we've done this every day for almost a mon-"

 

As much as he hated being cliche, the only way Taeyong could shut him up was with a kiss. It was nothing special, just a peck, it couldn't have lasted more than a second but Taeyong felt like he could finally breathe again. Doyoung was frozen in place for a minute before snapping back into reality. "What's gotten into you? You've been so weird lately." He took a deep breath. No going back now. "I think you're my soulmate." More silence. Taeyong hated silence. He felt sick, like he was going to pass out. He knew this was a bad idea. He was about to run back to his room and try to forget this ever happened until Doyoung finally spoke up.

 

"I know. I've known for a while now actually."

 

Taeyong's mind was racing, a million emotions flowing through him at once. Confusion, shock, happiness and - most noticeably - relief. There were so many things he wanted to say but they could wait. He grabbed Doyoung by the waist and pulled him in for another kiss. This kiss was slower, sweeter, all those weeks of pent up feelings could finally come out. The night ended with lips locked together and fingers tangled in hair.


 

Out of all the colors, Taeyong's favorite was probably blue. Truth be told he still wasn't really that fond of colors but if he had to pick a favorite it'd be blue. The color of the sky, the color of water, the color of Doyoung, it was definitely a good color. Every time he saw that mop of blue hair or that one blue shirt Doyoung wore basically every day everything would just feel better. Maybe seeing colors wasn't too bad after all.