I'm yellow, he was blue

Roses are Orange, Violets are green

In theory, having a soulmate seems like a great thing. Knowing that there's someone in the world that's destined to fall in love with you is comforting, knowing that there's someone that'll love and support you no matter what happens is comforting, it's just a comforting thought in general. But in reality, it's a lot less perfect than that. 

 

There are so many things that could go wrong. What happens if your soulmate dies? Do you get a new soulmate? Are you destined to be alone forever? What if you don't like your soulmate? There's no guarantee that you'll get along, what if you hate them? What if you never even meet your soulmate? They could live on the other side of the planet. The more you think about it, the more illogical it becomes. The whole concept is just so stupid.

 

 Taeyong sighed. He's fell in love many times during his life, more times than he'd like to admit, yet he still hasn't found his soulmate. Love was a . 

 

"Stop sighing, it's annoying"

 

At least love wasn't the biggest in Taeyong's life. That title belonged to his roommate Doyoung. Well, wasn't the best word to describe him but he sure as hell knew how to push Taeyong's buttons. From an outsiders view, they probably looked like they hated each other. Constantly bickering and fighting, they seemed more like enemies than anything else. Truthfully, Taeyong thought of Doyoung as one of his close friends - maybe even the closest.

 

"What's wrong with you anyway? You've been sulking for the last 3 days." Taeyong sighed again and looked over to Doyoung. "What color do you think the sky is? I think it's green." Doyoung squinted at him, obviously confused because is that really what's been bugging him for the past few days?  Taeyong kept rambling. "I read somewhere that it's pink. Donghyuck told me that it's yellow but I don't know whether to believe him or not." Taeyong groaned and laid back on his bed. Doyoung rolled his eyes at him. "Why are you asking me this? I don't even know what colours look like."

 

The room was suddenly silent. A thick, awkward silence - the type that makes you just regret your existence entirely. It was so quiet it was actually uncomfortable. Doyoung was about to leave the room but then Taeyong started talking again. "Doyoung, do you think we'll ever even meet our soulmates?" Oh. So that's why he's been so worried. "You stress too much. Of course we will." "Why are you so confident? There's no promise we'll meet them." Doyoung thought for a minute. He was right. There isn't any guarantee that you'll find your soulmate, there's only hope. "Well, maybe you've already met them and you just don't know who it is yet." Taeyong scoffed at him. "And how am I going to figure out who it is?" Doyoung just shrugged. "Don't worry about it too much, I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually." With that, Doyoung left.

 

Taeyong stared at the ceiling. At the end of the day, he was glad Doyoung was his friend. Looking past all the arguing, it was obvious that Taeyong really cared about him and he hoped Doyoung felt the same way. Honestly, he was surprised Doyoung even stayed his friend this long. Hell, with how much he nagged and worried, Taeyong himself wouldn't even want to be his friend. Doyoung was just an amazing person in general, the more Taeyong thought about him the more perfect he seemed. He couldn't think of a single thing wrong with him. Sweet personality, good sense of humor, attractive - he was completely flawless. Taeyong rolled onto his side. Then he froze.

 

What the ?

 

Taeyong blinked rapidly. This isn't right, he must be hallucinating from the lack of sleep he's been getting lately. He knew he was lying to himself. No matter how hard he tried to deny it, they were there. Colors. They were extremely faint, Taeyong could hardly even notice them, but they were definitely there. Doyoung was his soulmate? He couldn't be. Taeyong has been interested in women his entire life, why would his soulmate be a man? This must've been some sort of mistake. His closest friend couldn't be his soulmate, how could he have gone all this time without knowing? Taeyong sighed shakily and forced himself to sleep, he could deal with this in the morning.