ch.3: Who Are You?

Just A Little Bit of Your Heart

"Excuse me?"

"Not for real, but this tall glass of water over there caught me scolding Sana for messing up...the thing that happened."

"You mean when you tried to rob me?" Mina asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"Yes," Chaeyoung confirmed, trying her best to keep her cool, though she was feeling some kind of embarrassment. "Anyways, I might have made up that you were girlfriend and I messed up a surprise that I planned for you. Sooo..."

"So first you break into my house, try to steal my stuff and now I need to play your girlfriend so you don't get busted?" 

"Well, if you're okay with that," Chaeyoung said nonchalantly, shrugging. 

"If I'm okay with that?" Mina repeated, not believing her ears. "There's something seriously wrong with you."

"Please," Chaeyoung begged, deciding that since her pride was already long gone she might as well go for the extra mile. 

"...you know you sound really pathetic right now?" Mina snickered.

Chaeyoung only nodded. "I'm aware, now what do you say?"

"Fine," Mina replied. "But only if we meet up once a week."

"What? You're insane, I will not-"

"Do you need me or not?" Mina asked, making Chaeyoung shut up. "I can't date a stranger, I need to get to know you." Mina was aware they wouldn't really be dating but she wanted to make this at least a little fun for her. "So? Are you in?"

"Yeah...I am," Chaeyoung said defeatedly.

"Great!" Mina exclaimed, smiling at the other, which Chaeyoung found more than unsettling. She'd probably regret it already in the next few minutes. She blamed it all on Sana, if it wasn't for her she wouldn't even have to do this. 

They exchanged numbers after Mina demanded it. 

"Are you kidding me?" Chaeyoung half-shrieked after seeing what Mina saved her as. 

"What? I think it fits you," the Japanese girl snickered. 

"And there wasn't anything other you could've used than...that?"

"It's only the truth, my little midget."

"You're such a ," Chaeyoung muttered.

"Well, there you have your name for me," Mina said, far too enthusiastic too Chaeyoung's liking. She really didn't know what she got herself into. It didn't help that Mina was absolutely hot. Judging from the few encounters they had Mina might have lost it but she's undeniably attractive. 

"I have to go now, but it was really nice talking to you, babe," Mina teased, blowing Chaeyoung a kiss before she walked away.

Chaeyoung only sighed before joining the other two. Sana looked at her curiously and Chaeyoung shook her head, she'd tell her later. 

"I'm gonna leave you two alone now, have fun," Chaeyoung said, waving at them shortly before leaving. Putting in her earphones, she finally relaxed. She didn't want to go home just yet. Instead, she walked around for a bit more. She couldn't stop thinking about Mina. Not even the way too loud music blasting in her ears could distract her. Yes, Mina looked like a goddess but she was a pain in the . Though she had to admit that she liked the challenge that came with Mina. It was refreshing to see someone who wasn't afraid to . 

 

---

 

"What now?"

"Now we're gonna sit here, drink coffee and talk, what do you think dates consist of?" Mina asked. The two were sitting in the corner of a café (Mina's recommendation) to have their first "date" (Chaeyoung preferred to refer to it as a simple meeting). 

"I don't know, I've never been on one," Chaeyoung replied honestly, making Mina raising her eyebrow. 

"I'd be lying if I said that doesn't surprise me," Mina remarked. 

"How kind of you," Chaeyoung said, rolling her eyes in annoyance. "I'm so glad I get to learn from the dating master then."

The Japanese girl laughed, genuinely laughed, and shook her head. "I've only had a few. Now, tell me something about yourself. Your name for example."

Chaeyoung blinked slowly. She really didn't tell her her name before. And Mina still agreed to going out with her? "God, sorry. It's Chaeyoung. Son Chaeyoung," she replied, her cheeks heating up in embarrassment. This only proved once more that she wasn't very good with social interactions.

"That's a pretty name," Mina said without any hints of mockery in her tone. At least Chaeyoung didn't hear any.

"Thank you," the younger replied. "Mina doesn't sound too bad as well."

Mina smiled at the other and took a sip of her coffee. "When did it start?"

"What?" Chaeyoung asked.

"You know...being a criminal and everything," Mina explained. 

"Already asking the big questions, hm?" Chaeyoung chuckled. "Let's save this story for another time. It wouldn't be fun if I spilled everything now, right?"

Mina nodded. She was really curious about Chaeyoung's story but the other was right. It wouldn't be as exciting if she already knew everything. 

 

"I found you!"

The two jumped in their seat at the unfamiliar voice, turning their heads to look at he smiling girl. She seemed to be around their age, taller than the both of them.

"I'm sorry?"

"Chaeyoung, right?" The girl asked, completely ignoring Mina. 

"Yeah...and...who are you?" Chaeyoung asked, frowning as she was sure she hadn't seen that person even once in her life. 

"It's me, Lisa," she said, the smile still on her face.

 

"...oh ."

 


Super short chapter, I know but at least the story isn't dead? Might take some for me to get fully into it again but I'm trying my best, please have mercy! 

To make up for it (kind of) I'm letting you decide the direction of the story! Please vote in the poll below to let me know!

-Taylor