ch.1: Accidental First Encounter

Just A Little Bit of Your Heart

Son Chaeyoung. Minatozaki Sana.

Two names, one unbreakable bond.

Best friends and partners in crime (literally).


Strolling around the streets, cigarette in one hand, cell phone in the other. That was Chaeyoung, a short girl with a boyish haircut and a leather jacket that made her look quite badass. Her boots clattered with every step she took, her expression showing no signs of cheerfulness, frightening some kids that crossed her way.

"There you are," Sana said before engulfing her in a short hug. 

It was Saturday, which meant that it was time again to break into a stranger's house and take away some money (or some other stuff they could sell). 

"Hop in and we'll start." 

Chaeyoung nodded and entered Sana's car, looking out the window as they drove off.

---

 9:00 PM

"Okay, you wait here and if anyone comes in, you call me, okay?" 

"Yes, boss," Sana joked, shaking her head. "We've done this quite a few times, I know what to do."

Chaeyoung nodded, getting out of the car. "Just wanted to make sure." 

"The lights are turned off, no sound coming from inside, I should be able to go in," the girl muttered to herself after walking around the house. Chaeyoung looked for a way to enter, since she didn't have anything to use going through the door was not an option.

She smiled triumphantly when she saw an open window. "And here we go." 
-
Sana leaned against the car, checking every few seconds if someone was coming. After ten minutes, someone caught her attention. A tall girl, a little dog walking next to her and she was stunning. When the Shiba Inu ran to Sana, she knelt down to pet it.

"Sorry, he can get really excited sometimes," the girl apologized.

"Oh no, it's fine! I love dogs! What's his name?" Sana asked, giggling when the cute dog her face.

"His name is Minjoong."

"Adorable name! And may I know yours too?" 

"Tzuyu," the other girl answered, politely smiling. In Sana's eyes she couldn't get any prettier.

She stood up to greet her properly. "Nice to meet you, I'm Sana."

The two shook hands and talked about random topics. Was it too early to already have a crush? Not for Sana, Tzuyu was a goddess and funny too!
-
It took Chaeyoung some time and strength to climb up the tree close to the window because it was on the second floor. But it wasn't the first time Chaeyoung had to pull this off, so she had enough practice to get in.

She was quickly disappointed. No room she's looked through had at least something she could use.  

There was only one room left, the one she had climbed the window through. It looked like it belonged to a girl, someone her age maybe. The walls were decorated with some posters and the shelves were mainly packed with videogames. 

"Don't tell me I did this all for nothing..."

"Can I help you?"

Chaeyoung froze. "."

 

---

 

Chou Tzuyu.

Dog lover. Charismatic.


"Come, Minjoong, let's go for a walk, hmm?" Tzuyu put on her shoes and jacket and draped the leash around Minjoong's neck. 

She casually walked around, whistling the melodies of songs stuck in her head. 

The majority of the walk was relaxed, but suddenly Minjoong pulled on the leash, running towards a girl.

"Minjoong, no!"

But she was already running after him and the girl didn't seem scared or anything, instead, she petted the dog, wearing an adorable smile on her face. 

"Sorry, he can get really excited sometimes." 

"Oh no, it's fine! I love dogs! What's his name?" Tzuyu was glad that the girl was so chill, she already met people who shouted at her to hold her dog in place. 

"His name is Minjoong."

"Adorable name! And may I know yours too?" The girl had blonde hair and seemed to be really bright. Tzuyu liked those kind of people, they were fun to be around with.

"Tzuyu," she replied.

The other girl stood up, she was slightly smaller than Tzuyu. "Nice to meet you, I'm Sana."

Sana. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. 

Tzuyu didn't know for how long they talked, but she didn't care. Sana was a really interesting person.

 

 

---

 

Myoui Mina.

Cutest laugh. Ambitious.


"We'll see you next week, take care!"

"You too and have fun!"

Mina watched her parents leave the house. They would be gone for a week to go on vacation. Mina preferred to stay at home, she liked staying in her comfortable bed and play videogames all day. 

After another one of her gaming sessions she took a look at her phone, checking the time. "Damn, it's almost 9 and I haven't eaten anything..." she muttered. 

Deciding that she was too lazy to make something, she went out to just buy food. 

After filling her stomach, she made her way home again. She was surprised when she saw light shining in her room. Did I forget to turn it off? she wondered. 

She passed two girls chatting with each other. Cute dog, she thought.

Mina opened the door and went upstairs to her room where she found a girl looking through her stuff.

"Can I help you?"

The other girl froze. "."

"You didn't expect someone to come, huh?" Mina wasn't afraid. First of all, the small girl had the height of a toddler and even if she happened to have a weapon, Mina knew how to defend herself. 

"Obviously not."

"So, if you don't mind, please leave my house. How did you even get in here?" Mina asked.

The thief pointed to the open window. "Be more careful next time." 

"Oh, yeah, thanks. I'll give you twenty seconds, kiddo. I could also call the police, you know?" 


If Chaeyoung hadn't wanted to leave so bad, she would give the girl in front of her a speech about how she was anything but a kid, she felt insulted. She was actually kind of embarrassed, it has never happened before that someone was so cool about catching her while breaking in. Well, it also never happened that she got caught at all.

"Ten seconds are already over."

The voice snapped her out of her thoughts and she made her way to the window again until she was stopped.

"Feel free to use the door," the taller girl said and was that a grin on her lips?

Together, they went downstairs and before leaving, Chaeyoung turned around once again.

"Thanks for not calling the cops."

"Yeah, I guess I should thank you too. You know, for not leaving a huge mess behind here," Mina laughed. "Now you should really go."

Chaeyoung nodded and walked out. She couldn't believe her eyes when she saw that Sana was busy talking to a girl.

"Yo! You had one job! I got caught!"

Sana jumped and turned her head to a furious looking Chaeyoung. Even though she was small, she could be really intimidating.

", I'm sorry, I got...distracted," Sana answered, nervously scratching her neck.

"I can see that."

Tzuyu could just watch while the girls were arguing (or more, the small girl was lecturing Sana).

"Uhm, you broke in someone's house?" she asked after she heard what the girls were fighting about.

"Yeah, Chaeyoung wanted to surprise her girlfriend and set up some stuff, but it seems that she came home early, isn't that right, Chaeng?"

Chaeyoung silently thanked Sana for saving her and then nodded. "Yeah, that's true."

Tzuyu believed them, why should Sana lie? Maybe she was a little too fond of her already. 

"That's really cute! I have to go now, I'll see you around?" Tzuyu said, directing the last sentence to Sana.

The blonde girl smiled. "Yeah, be safe." 

After Tzuyu was gone, the two drove home. "Thanks for the lie. But really, I'm glad that she was so chill. Didn't want to have the cops chasing after me." Chaeyoung sighed. 

---

Mina was in her room after checking that everything was still there. Even though she shouldn't have thoughts like this, the thief was actually cute. Her clothes made her look cool, but she still saw something adorable in her, except for the height. 

She wondered why she was doing this, stealing stuff and breaking in someone else's home. 

Trying to push the thoughts aside, started playing her game again until she went to sleep.