Chapter I (Update)

Love Again

"I love you so much Amber, I'll never leave you alone. I promise that I will always stay by your side no matter what. Out of all the people who left you alone, I'll be the one who'll stay with you through thick and thin, good times and bad ti-"

 

"And Lebron James  does an alley-oop!"

 

It was a lazy Saturday afternoon for the two hardworking independent women. Luna has been accustomed to staying at  Amber's flat every weekend since Amber lived alone and she wanted to give her company during the weekends thinking that she might get lonely.  Amber was busy making a sandwich for Luna who's comfortably sitting on the couch with her feet place on the table;Luna was too engrossed with the drama that she's watching on the tv that she didn't even realized that Amber had taken the remote control from her hands. 

 

"Yah! Why did you switch the channel to basketball? The male protagonist isn't done with his lines yet"

 

"Ughh seriously Luna, do you actually believe that what he's saying is true? Stop watching pointless dramas, a basketball game is more exciting at least."

 

Amber just can't bare to hear the lines of the drama that Luna was watching. It reminded her so much of Kris.

 

"Oh come on, his lines were actually sweet plus coincidentally the female lead has the same name as yours don't you find that amusing?"

 

Luna said and chuckled at the last part. 

 

"That just makes things worse and cringy and icky and can you not put your feet on the table while your slippers are on, I just wiped that a while ago.Now eat this sandwich that you bugged me to make"

 

"Yes, yes Ajumma. Thanks for the sandwich! Your the best Ajumma in the world. I wouldn't ask for another ajumma friend because you deserve the greatest ajumma award. I love you Ajumma Amber"

 

"Yah! stop calling this adorable and fine llama an Ajumma"

 

My beautiful Amber~, stop frowning already because I might mistake that I'm dating  an old Ajumma instead of a beautiful, charming and cute little llama faced lady.

It's your fault Kris, for being a jersk and making me wait here in the amusement park for 30 whole mins.

 

"Okay adorable and fine Ajumma~"

"Yah! Yah! don't let me catch you or else I'm gonna attack you with endless tickling till you run out of breathe!"

 

Eyy, it's because of some unexpected traffic, I promise. Now cheer up and cool down with this ICE CREAM!!!

Yah!!!! why did you need to put some on my cheeks it's too cold! Don't run too fast I need to get my revenge!

 

The studio apartment was filled with 3 types of yells as the eager Amber chases Luna: a threatening yell, a yell that's begging for help and team yells from the basketball game that's playing on the tv. If you're not aware of Amber and Luna's childish personalities, you wouldn't think that they are both 24 year old grown women. 

 

"Come on Ajumma, I thought you're going to tickle me till I ran out of breathe? Is your hips starting to hurt from all the running, should I run a little slower for you?"

 

Hahaha how can you be so cute? That smile is the most genuine thing in this world, it makes me want to protect it at all cots.

I love you so much Amber, I don't even know what I'd do without you.

 

Luna was running towards Amber's room when she noticed that her friend suddenly stopped from chasing her. She wasn't able to see the sad expression on Amber's face that's why she kept on teasing her.

 

We can't do this anymore. It's just that I'm too tired of you.

I can't see our relationship going anywhere. 

No, Kris. Please, don't do this to me.

You're the only one I have, you know that.

What do I need to do? Do you want me to change? Am I too boyish?

Do you want me to dress up like other girls, because if that's what you want I'll be willing.

Just don't leave me.

No, Amber you don't have to do those things because

 

 

 

 I don't love you anymore.

 

"Amber? Are you okay?"


I thought you were doing fine all this time. You've always put a strong act and didn't even cry when he left you. It's been a year and it seems like you're still hurt. It pains me as your friend  sister to see you this way.

 

Amber quickly wiped her eyes with the back of her hand as she was trying to hide the fact that she was tearing up, but anyone who sees her can immediately tell that she was crying, which Luna her friend more like her sister from another mother easily noticed. 

 

"Are you crying?"

 

"No no haha silly, something just got in to my eyes.......FINALLY GOTCHA! HAHAHA I'm not gonna stop tickling you Luna~"

 

 

"HAHAHAHAH stop! STOP! AMBER! Fine I won't call you ajumma! STOP I can't hah ha breathe! haha"

 

"haha Fine, I'll stop"

 

After Amber's surprise attack and Luna's medley of high pitched laughter, the two somehow found themselves lying on the floor while facing each other. They both chuckled at their foolishness, but not long enough their laughter was replaced with silence and the smile from Luna's face slowly turned into a serious look.

 

"Hey, why is Luna uri Lulu looking at me weirdly, don't tell me you're finally coming out of the closet and you're about to confess your feelings for me? "

 

"Tell me what's wrong, it's okay you don't have to hold back your tears...I'm here for you"

 

"What are you talking about? haha I'm totally fine. This is what happens when you watch too much dramas, stop imagining things Luna."

 

Liar. You're not okay.

 

"Yah! who do you think you are? Acting like you can get through everything on your own! Do you even consider me as your friend? I thought we were sisters. Am I a potato? You're supposed to tell me if you feel like crap or if you're hurting, if you think that nothing's going your way, if you feel like the world has turn it's back on you, if you feel like every single piece of who you are is broken, if you feel like you're worthless, if you feel like no one's out there for you, if you feel like you're all alone. I know I'm not a perfect friend and I can be an airhead sometimes. I know that I can't mend all your wounds and remove all the pain from your heart but at least I can share the hurt that you're feeling, we can share the weight in your chest, no I mean the like um heavy feelings you feel in your heart, yeah thats what I was trying to say and um we can..we can..I can cry wi- with you and I can....I can ugh um....UWAAAHHH

 

"Ojuju, Luna come here and let me hug you, stop crying you know you're not pretty when you cry."

 

"I'm I- *sniff* I'm sorry Amber I should be the one comforting you but here I am crying"

 

"It's okay Luna, I appreciate you're sincerity. I'm also sorry if I made you feel that way, you are my best friend, heck, you're my sister! Stop worrying about me already, okay? I promise, if the time comes when I feel like I can't manage anymore you're the first person to know and like you said, we'll cry together so don't drain all your tears right now, because I'll be needing it when that time comes."

 

"Okay Amber, promise me you won't face your pain on your own when you can't handle it anymore"

 

"I promise"

 

I'm sorry Luna I can't share with you all my burdens. I don't want you to feel as exhausted as I am, I'm afraid I might keep on venting out and depending on you too much. You're the only person I have by my side right now, I can't afford to lose you just because I've become a dead weight to you. Just keep on smiling, that's enough for me.

 

"Hey do you want me to make you a burrito? you might be tired from all the running and crying. You know I can't cook, I hope that's okay for dinner? 

 

"mmmhmm"

 

"Luna? Park Sun-young? Looks like you've fallen sleep huh."

 

Amber carried Luna to the bedroom, like a mother carrying her child who suddenly fell asleep on the floor. It might seem like Amber is completely fine but in reality, everything that Luna said was true. She was nowhere near to being okay, all she feels is emptiness. 

In an effort to lighten up her mood, Amber grabs her skateboard, puts on a snapback cap and her favourite loose black hoodie. 

For Amber, riding a skateboard gives her a sense of freedom and escape. Being able to control the pace she wants to be in, being the one to decide which direction she should go and at the same time feeling the air brush against her skin as if it's trying to comfort and convince her that all my troubles are far behind. 

 

"How long do I have to endure?"

"How long do I have to keep crying?"

"How long will I have to suffer the pain of being left behind by the people I love"

"What wrong did I do that's so wrong for me to always being the one who's left behind?"

"Why am I always the one who's left alone broken?"

"TELL ME!"

 

Without minding, the people in the streets, Amber cried her heart out while making her speed faster  as she rode her skateboard.

After a few shouts and tears, she dis an ollie and a pop-shove it.

Amber promised herself to ride for about an hour just to clear her mind further, and she'll be back with some proper dinner for her and Luna to eat when she wakes up.

 

 

A/N: 

Just a heads up, I update whenever I want to haha so it might take some days or weeks before inspiration hits me.