Chapter 2

The Mage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu woke up from the distinct clanging noises against some metallic material which she presumed to be the cell door of her chamber. Her senses have been ringing from the slightest ruffles and disturbance, it was quite a hassle because she woke up several times from her sleep only to be realise it was just herself.

 

But this time, her mind wasn't playing tricks with her, through her dry and stingy eyes, she saw a blurry figure dressed up in a soldier's attire not so politely barged into the room and approaching her worn-out self immediately. Her instincts acted up immediately and she felt a sad amount of adrenaline rushing through her, but she was way too weak to guard herself so she spared the least amount of energy to flip her body to face the lofty figure towering above her.

 

Albeit she recovered her body's state of normality by dozens, but she was still suffering from aches and pain covering every part of herself, so she couldn't quite fulfill the basic routines she ought to be doing.

 

"I'm sorry sire, that I couldn't greet you properly."

 

Tzuyu fought back the urge to cough from her drought-like throat the instance those apologies escaped through her chapped lips. She knew she didn't had to exercise her manners when she was already struggling to stay alive, but she must have been quite a well-educated woman to be equipped with such gracious mentality and to perform such cautions even after she had lost her memories. 

 

She cringed when she was reminded of those inward insults that bloomed from her anger yesterday, she didn't know but she was too tired to keep up with her image.

 

The figure seemly caught off guard from such a pleasant greeing brought up by Tzuyu who spared no hesitation to show her respects disregarding one's authority or identity. He was stunned for quite a moment before he finally regained his senses and spoke in a plain tone, a tone which Tzuyu couldn't find a tint of disdain in,

 

"His majesty wants to see you. Please get ready soon, Ms Minatozaki will be attending to you shortly."

 

Tzuyu didn't know what would be an approperiate reply, so it was filled with silence between them till the soldier sensed her inner confliction and left without questioning her. Tzuyu was glad the solder behaved a little better than she had expected of ruthlessness and inhumane. Tzuyu shut her eyes for another short nap until she heard soft murmurs from two distinguishable voices,

 

"-re you sure that she's alright? She looks like she's starving."

 

Tzuyu's ears perked up when she realised it belonged to the really pretty woman she met yesterday. Tzuyu solemnly swear she wasn't eavesdropping because she enjoys listening to the euphonious tune her voices effortlessly sang out , it's definitely just because they were conversing about matters that highly concerned her.

 

'Totally, Tzuyu.'

 

Tzuyu remarked at her denial self.

 

"No, the king ordered us not to give her any food or water- You know, he won't ever spare her any mercy unless it was confirmed that she's clean."

 

'Clean? Wait, what does he mean by clean?'

 

Tzuyu scrunched her nose and tried to peek up any unpleasant smells emitting from her. Oddly, she still had that faint scent of fragrance lingering all over her, so she couldn't comprehend what else could they mean.

 

"That would take too long, she wouldn't be  alive till the ceremony, go and get her some food from the royal's kitchen, and relay this message to the king that I've ordered you to do so."

 

 "Yes, my dame."

 

Tzuyu attentively listened to their exchange and picked up several information that may aid her in guessing what she ought to attend later. She was so occupied with organising her thoughts till she didn't realise Sana was already settled across her, she only snapped out of her daze when a fragrant scent of lavender gently surround them, almost like it was caressing her to earn her attention.

 

Tzuyu's eyes blinked several times before it finally hit her.

 

'Oh god, she's here already.'

 

And she was wearing that dazzling smile and looking at her with that pair of twinkling eyes which she didn't had a chance to take a closer look. Oh god, Tzuyu didn't know that her heart could accelerate at such a speed till it was hard to breathe, her limbs experienced a spasm of blood bursting through them and immediately caused her to scramble into a sitting position so that it would be less embarrassing for her.

 

A hint of amusement flashed through her orbs as Sana watched Tzuyu ever so flustered, a giggle escaped through her lips and that made Tzuyu blushed even harder,

 

"O-oh my god, I-I'm so sorry!"

 

"It's okay. You made me laugh, that isn't a bad thing."

 

Sana smiled as she fondly stared into Tzuyu's eyes. Tzuyu wished she had the rights to retort because she really wants Sana to stop attacking her with those lovely glances and touches.

 

It almost seems like...they have a special connection.

 

"Anyways, I'm here to clean your wounds. We'll have to meet the king later, it is quite a huge matter so we wouldn't want anything to go wrong."

 

Sana exclaimed as she suddenly pulled out a kit and opened it, revealing several bottles of medicines and oilmen with rolls of bandage arranged properly in a separate compartment. Tzuyu's face distorted into disgust as she studied the oilments, Sana seemed to sensed Tzuyu's resentment towards the medicines and thus closed the kit.

 

"Well, don't worry, it doesn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter