Finalem

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She walked faster, away from the prying eyes of the poeple behind her. She could hear them speeding up, trying to reach her. In a panic, she began running towards the safety of her home. Hearing them gaining on her, she turned a sharp corner and slammed into a hard body. Looking up, a tough face stared back at her. 

     "Are you alright? You're in trouble, aren't you?" he rumbled. She nodded and pointed behind her with a shaking hand. Nodding, the mystery man pushed her gently down against a wall and faced the pursuers, who had just turned the corner.

     "Attacking young women again?" the defender asked.

     "No, we just wanted to chase her down and make her nervous," one scoffed. She tensed, ready to run away, as she had not expected her momentary savior to be one of them. As the mystery man advanced on the panicking attackers, one of them saw his face in a faded moonlight and screeched.

     "It's the Red Shadow!" Right then, the four men turned in panic and bolted, screaming. The Red Shadow chased swiftly after them, disappearing into the dark night. Standing up shakily, she dusted herself off and set off at a brisk pace for home. All of a sudden, a nimble figure showed up beside her and she flinched away quickly. 

     "If it's okay with you, I'm going to bring you to my home to check you for injuries and shock and whatnot." The Red Shadow worried. She laughed bitterly and answered, "I've had enough of strange men following me around for a night." He shrugged amicably and added, "I'll go to your house then, if you don't mind." Considering it, she nodded and the two of them walked back to her house in a comfortable silence. Reaching her house, she took her key out of her purse. Before she could insert it, her hands shook and the key fell to the porch at their feet. He quickly bent down and handed it to her. It was then, with the dim porchlight shining down on them, that she realized that he was very attractive. His dark eyebrows drew together over chocolate eyes as he stood up and entered the key. She noticed the split knuckles and dried blood on his hands as he turned the key.

     "If you come in, I can help wash off your hands." She walked in, dropping her purse and phone on the side table. Quickly running to the kitchen, she wet some clean cloths and went back to the living room. He was standing awkwardly by the door, seeming unsure of what to do. She inwardly laughed at this man who was shuffling his feet in her house, but had seemed so confident defending just minutes ago on the street. 

     "Sit down. You'r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter