Track 1: 넘사벽 (Incomparable) by Monsta X

Incomparable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sung Yeon woke up on a bed, held in a tight embrace by Seo Won. He insists that they sleep together one last time before she leaves for her week-long London holiday. She rolled over to face him, she smiled as her fingers traced Seo Won's features, resulting to him wrinkling his nose as he's still fast asleep. 

She then escaped from his arms and tucking him in again. She tiptoed her way to the kitchen to cook up some breakfast. She fried some eggs. Toasted some bread. Poured orange juice in a glass. Got tomato cherries and kale, arranged them on a tray and headed to the bedroom again. 

She settled the tray on the coffee table near the window, she then lay beside Seo Won who is still sleeping soundly, locking him in her arms. "Wake up.", she whispered to his ear. Which made him softly smile, with his eyes still shut. "I don't want to.", he cheekily teased. She then kissed his cheek, and then his neck. "Don't be a pain and wake up. You know I have a flight today." 

Seo Won faced her, pulling her even closer to him. He then kissed her forehead, the tip of her nose. "But I don't want you to go.", he whined. She rewarded him back with a soft kiss on his lips. "You already gave your approval of this trip, no take-backsies." He groaned as he playfully but the skin between her neck and shoulder. She then cupped his face and squished his cheeks. "It's breakfast time!", finishing it off with a long cheeky kiss on his lips.  

 


 

 



As Sung Yeon applies cream blush on the apples of her cheeks, Seo Won then rested his chin on the top of her head. "Hey, I just fixed my hair.", she complained. "I don't want you to go.", he's still sulking. "I need to go. We've talked about this for weeks." 

After Seo Won's proposal a month ago, Sung Yeon gave him an ultimatum - for her to travel alone in Europe for a month. But after several conversations, she then settled for a week in London where she'll stay with his cousin. Though not as what she desired, it's not that bad of an offer. As he promised to go to Europe with her after they get married. 

They had always been like this. Despite his adorable whiny ways as a boyfriend, Seo Won had always been firm and sure with his life that includes also hers. A successful music producer, entrepreneur and her soon to be husband. Sung Yeon liked that order in her life. 

 

 





Seo Won slowly drags Sung Yeon's bag towards the back of his black Land Rover Defender. Which amused Sung Yeon. "Stop acting like a kid and hurry up. I'll be late for my flight!", she demanded. He his puppy eyes and plead, "But I don't want you to go.". Sung Yeon rolls her eyes, "With how you're acting I might not stay there for a week, I might just stay there forever.". What he said made him even sadder, making her chuckle as she playfully hugs him for comfort. "You do know it's going to be just for a week right? Then after that, I'll be officially your Mrs." 

He lovingly stared at his fiance and said, "It's going to be lonely without my soon to be Mrs.", before he softly pressed his lips to hers. She smiled, kissing him back, "I know."   


 




They drove to the airport with his right hand on the wheel, and his left holding hers. She then rests her head on his shoulder throughout the rest of the ride. Occasionally kissing his cheek, his neck, and his lips. 

As they arrived at the terminal, Seo Won has the downcast look on his face, as he hands her luggage to her. "You do know this is just going to be for a week, right?", she asked. He nods his head, "I know." 

She threw her arms towards him, hugging him tightly. "I'll miss you so bad.", she whispered in his ear before their lips locked. 


 




Sung Yeon then settled at the airline lounge, where she took out a pen and notebook from her small leather backpack. She then starts listing out the things she wants to do in London: 

1. Read a book at the Hyde Park. 
2. See the Westminster. 
3. Drink at a Camden pub. 
4. Ride the London Eye. 
5. A picnic at Hampstead Heath, and visit Kenwood House.
6. Watch a film at BFI.
7. Ride the Thames Cruise. 
8. Platform 9 3/4
9. Secret Day Trip Brighton 
10. Secret Day Trip to Paris (If possible.)


After 10-hour flight, Sung Yeon then finds herself at the London Heathrow Airport waiting for Seo Won's cousin who promised he'll be there on time. She looked left and right, anxious of how he'll be. 

A white Range Rover Sport then stopped right in front of her, it's window in front of her opened revealing a boy wearing chic specs, a casual boy next door hoodie, brushed hair, and a blank look on his face. "So it is you." 

Speechless, she could only bow. He opened the door locks so that she could load her luggage which he helped her load. She then sat on the passenger's seat as they're off to his apartment. 

Their drive went around most of the London sites she was excited to see. But a lump of worry took over Sungyeon. But they were silent most of the time, she took out her handy travel notebook list and took some notes - just to distract herself. 

Which Hyungwon noticed, she's still the same, he thought.

 




As they finally arrive at their destination, his apartment is in Chelsea - that pretty place where everything looks white and pristine. As expected from someone like Hyungwon, his place is clean with gray accents to Sung Yeon's delight.  

With such dead eyes, Hyungwon says his cue. "So welcome. I'm Hyungwon." He was acting like they never really met. "You can do whatever you want with the place, just don't break things. My bedroom is over there, you can sleep in the room next to it. So... yeah. I'm just... gonna sleep. Are we clear?"

Sung Yeon can't seem to even look at him. Trying to find a word to say out loud, she called him by his nickname instead. "Won-ah..."

Shrugging the fact that she called him by his nickname. "I need to sleep since I have a gig tonight so...", and he headed to his room. 

"This is going to be a tough week.", Sung Yeon thought. She then settled in her room, surprised at how cozy it looks. Hyungwon even had bath products and snacks ready, like she's staying in some hotel - just how she wanted. "He remembered...", she thought. 

A video call then came in from Seo Won, which she answered quickly. "Hey you.", she greeted. He was on the bed, still with that how-dare-you-leave-me face. "Hey.", he said which made her softly chuckle at how childish he was being. 



 





Hyungwon was still sleeping in his room as she gets ready to explore the city. She first headed to the nearest Nando's and ordered Peri-Peri Chicken. She then bought coffee at the nearest coffee shop before heading to Hyde Park to read a book. She passed by Westminster before settling at a Camden pub where she got herself a good glass of Guinness. 

After an hour or so, she heads out the pub only to find a familiar car passing in front of her, Hyungwon's Range Rover. She power walked where the car stopped and entered a posh looking party place. She steps inside, there was loud music, alcohol and a lot of good looking people. 

Everyone was silenced as the MC called their attention, "And last but not the least, the person we've all been waiting for - DJ H.ONE!, this fact surprised Sung Yeon causing her eyes to widen as Hyungwon emerged to the stage donning a rider jacket and scruffy hair.

He looked immaculate, and her jaw definitely dropped with said look on him. His set list rocked the whole place as everyone got lost in trance. With three songs done, he then spotted Sung Yeon in the crowd, she was still, just watching him do his work. 

After his last song, Hyungwon went down the stage hurriedly towards Sungyeon, grabbed her hand which surprised most of his "groupies". And heads to the backstage.

"What are you doing here?", he asked with that same dead eyes he has since they met. "I was at the pub nearby and saw your car.", she said feeling kind of afraid thinking he might be angry at her for barging in his gig. "I see, are you done with dinner?", she shook her head no. "Let's go, then." They walked by a hallway with girls screaming at the top of their lungs as Hyungwon passed by, a handsome man who was wearing a very tight crisp shirt stood in front of them, "And where do you think you two are going?", the man asked. Hyungwon rolled his eyes and introduced the man to Sung Yeon, "Wonho, this is Sung Yeon. My... no uh, Seo Won's fiance.". Wonho took her Sung Yeon's hand and gently kissed the back of it. Growing impatient, Hyungwon put his arms around her shoulders and dragged her out to his car. Hyungwon salutes towards Wonho who was smirking. And they drove away. 

They stopped by complacent looking food place. Hyungwon had his seatbelt undone and opened the door to come out. Still confused about what is happening, Sung Yeon sat frozen by the car's passenger's seat. "Aren't you coming out?", asked Hyungwon. It clicked with her, as she hurriedly got out of the car, patting her head for a job well done. 

As they entered the place, Hyungwon sat by the booth next to the window, and he took the menu which was already on the table. "You still like burgers right?", he asked, she just nodded silently. 

"I apologize for not welcoming you formally, I'm usually dead asleep in the day.", he softly smiled. "Not at all, I honestly kind of felt like I was a burden for a bit. But I was too excited to see the city, so it didn't really bother me.", she shrugged it off. As they were waiting for their orders and the awkward silence kicked in, Sung Yeon took out her trusty notebook and crossed out her third mission. 


"You still do lists.", he mumbled. 

"Yeah, I do.", she replied as she keeps her list in her bag. 

Their orders arrived, A call then came to Sung Yeon's phone - it was Seo Won. "You're still up?", he asked. "I'm still eating burgers with Hyungwon.", she smiled at Hyungwon who was watching her. "Oh. I'm on my way to work right now and figured to call if ever. It's nice to hear you're not alone. It's already 1:00AM there right?", he asked worried and relieved at the same time. "Uhum...", she nods cutely making Hyungwon forced smile with his lips together and looks away towards the window. "Alright, say hello to Hyungwon for me, and take care of yourself out there. I miss you.", and Seo Won meant every word. "Me too.", she said softly before hanging up.


 





Sung Yeon decided to cook up brunch in order to thank Hyungwon for the food they ate last night. Rolling from side to side on his bed Hyungwon woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. Causing him to open his eyes. 

Scratching his head as he heads out of his room, he saw Sung Yeon busy in the kitchen. She noticed his presence and chirpily greeted him "Good Morning!" which Hyungwon replied with a nod. 


"I was planning to leave you with this meal before I leave but you already woke up.", she said as she places the plateful of food in front of him. Hyungwon was just blank and yawns, he then took the for by the utensils case and took a bite of bacon and eggs. Sung Yeon nervously watched him as he chews blankly, worried he might not like her cooking anymore. 

Trying hard to open his eyes, he then signals a thumbs up to her, making her feel accomplished. He thought it tasted the same as how she usually made it for him before. 

"What are you going to do today?", he mumbled. "Nothing much actually, will go around the city and cross off things on my list.", Hyungwon then blankly stared towards the ceiling and offers, "Want to go for a drive today?" 


 





After getting ready, they stopped by the nearby supermarket and drove away. Sung Yeon has no idea where they'll be going - but she liked the idea of being spontaneous. This is how they were before.

Hyungwon turned the radio on playing chill alternative music, a great match for the British green landscape as they escaped the chaotic busy city. 

As she opened a bag of chips, she noticed that Hyungwon kept on looking. Since he was driving, she felt that it is only proper to feed him instead. She offered a piece, surprising him. He received it still, though. Both softly smiling as they looked away from each other. Hyungwon then burst out laughing, puzzling her - causing her to laugh as well. 

The big Brighton sign was then visible to the both of them, making Sung Yeon scream. "We're going to Brighton?!", she asked ecstatically. "Yeah, I saw it on your list.". Sung Yeon then hits Hyungwon's arms repeatedly with a happy expression on her face. "Oh my god, this is amazing! I can't believe I stepped out of the city!" 

As soon as Hyungwon parked the car, Sung Yeon excitedly rushes out and headed to the pebbled Brighton beach. "I can't believe I'm seeing this.", she muttered. "Is it really that special?", asked Hyungwon who finally caught up with her. "I was supposed to go on a real European getaway, but Seo Won told me we could do that after we get married, so I settled with just coming to London instead. Then I read about Brighton in one of the books and I just loved the idea of it. And now I'm here.", she smiled. Hyungwon took a brief moment and thought of her reason, "So, basically you settled for less just because he said no?" Sung Yeon never thought of it that way, so she could only shrug. 


 





Sungyeon woke up from the sound of bacon frying in the kitchen. Thinking that Hyungwon is still asleep, she rushed to the kitchen to see who is making all the ruckus. 

She then saw Hyungwon cooking up bacon along with fried kimchi rice and some sausages. "Oh.... you're awake." 

Hyungwon saluted her, "You were snoring so loud, I can hear it in my room." Sung Yeon puts her lips together and wants to hide in shame.

Amused, Hyungwon nonchalantly asked her "What are your plans today?", as he hands her a plate of food. She thought hard and responded "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter