Meeting Miss I’m-the-popular-girl-around-here-so-everyone-has-to-listen-to-me and Sir Flirts-a-Lot

The Spy I Once Was

“Yes. Yes. Of course I need a billion dollars! No. Yes. What? I don’t care. Fine. Of course not! Whatever.” Mira and I watched in amazement as the receptionist talked on the phone. Really, who would say that they needed a billion dollars so casually? As if she were asking for a rock? That’s a lot of money!

“Now, how may I help you girls?” said the receptionist whose name was ‘Sherry’, according to her badge.

“Uh, we’re here to get our timetables?” I asked cautiously.

“Of course dear. Last names?”

“Moore and Scarlet.”

She froze and looked up at us, studying our appearance in a detailed way.

“I love carrots.” She said, narrowing her eyes at us.

“Oh really? But they taste like socks and telescopes!” I replied, confidently. What? It was our secret code. They changed every day.

“Welcome Agent Scarlet and Agent Moore. Follow me.”

Mira looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I shrugged.

We both followed her to the corner of the office, where she pushed on the brick left from the security camera and 2 down. It’s useful to memo rise these things, you know?

Almost immediately, the bricks arranged themselves, and formed a small door way. Sherry reached in side and pulled out 2 brief cases.

“Jake has come to this school and is teaching maths. You two will be put in his maths class, and will try to find out what he is up to. Understand?” Sherry said suddenly, while opening the briefcases.

Mira and I quickly nodded.

“Here,” she handed us a cosmetic bag, foldable gun, and a belt with many other gadgets each and a small smile, “if anything goes wrong, you have these to protect yourself, but I am told both of you are masters at martial arts. Let’s just hope you don’t have to use these.” She reached into the opening again, and pulled out a screw driver and stood on her tippy toes to reach the security camera, which I think she was going to delete the footage of our arrival.

As Sherry did what every she was doing, Mira and I attached our belt to the inside of our clothes.

“Well girls, here is your timetables. And a map to get around the place.” Sherry said.

We grinned at her and walked out the office door.

The sound of teenagers rushing to classes, and some skipping, filled my ears before I saw them. I narrowed my eyes, observing my surroundings as I walked through the school halls.

The cold gadgets I had attached to the inside of my ‘uniform’ bumped against my skin as I strode into our new school for the time being.

“Clara. I think that our class is to the right.” Mira mumbled, looking at the map in front of her in confusion. She had been doing this for the past five minutes.

“Oh I give up. Let’s just ask for some directions.” I replied, frustrated. I mean, the freaking map looks like one of those adult mazes games. Only, those are easy to decipher, whereas this stupid map is not.

We walked around aimlessly, until I find a girl, about the same age as us, with straight and freakishly blonde hair, talking to another of Barbies twins. Hey, you can’t blame me, her hair was so yellow, it looked a bit extreme if you ask me. But you didn’t ask me, so never mind.

I tapped her shoulder gently, not wanting to surprise her. She turned around abruptly, looks at my finger on her shoulder, and flicks it off.

I’M NOT ING KIDDING. SHE. FLICKED. MY. FINGER. OFF!! As if it was a fly! Maybe I’m jumping into conclus-

“Hello!? Is there a brain in that empty head of yours?” she sneered, looking at me in disgust.

Yup. She’s not going to be help to us, so might as well go before Mira or I get mad. We start to walk away, but Miss I’m-the-popular-girl-around-here-so-everyone-has-to-listen-to-me had other plans. Yup. That’s my new nickname for her.

“I asked you a question? So you better ans-” Miss I’m-the-popular-girl-around-here-so-everyone-has-to-listen-to-me paused and looked behind me in shock. She recovered quickly form what ever made her shocked, and started twirling her hair.

“Hi Lucas~” she giggled in a flirty tone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“And horses, is not horseseseses. It’s just horses do…” the teacher droned on and on and on and on an- never mind. You get the idea.

Mr Fertiy, my English teacher, was talking about, what I assume, plurals. You know of words. But we are in grade 11! I learnt this in grade 3! Seriously! I looked around the class room, observing my class mates.

Almost all of them were goofing off, except that one lazy guy that was asleep.

After a good 5 minutes of observing, my mind drifted off to this morning…

“Hi Lucas~” Miss I’m-the-popular-girl-around-here-so-everyone-has-to-listen-to-me said in a strange squeaky tone. If you ask me, she sounded like a mouse. No, that’s to generous. She sounded like a cat running it’s nails down a black board. But then she would destroy the poor board. Miss I’m-the-popular-girl-around-here-so-everyone-has-to-listen-to-me has got to be the meanest person in the world!

Ok… I think I got side tracked. Whoops? Now where was I?

I swiftly turned around to come face to face with the school playboy. I think. How cliché. What next? We get married ad live happily ever after? Ok then, ‘Lucas’ grinned at Miss I’m-the-popular-girl-around-here-so-everyone-has-to-listen-to-me and turned to me. He winked and I groaned.

His eyes widened. A beat that Sir Flirts-a-lot. My nick name for him. I made 2 in a day! Yay! Hey! That rhymes! How c- I’m getting even more carried away, aren’t I? anyway, I don’t think that Sir Flirts-a-lot has ever had a rejection. I smirked and looked up at him. Yes. I literally LOOKED UP at him. He’s supertall.

“Good morning Sir Flirts-a-lot. Do you know where room H5 is?”

Sir Flirts-a-lot’s jaw dropped to the ground. The crowd that had gathered around us started snickering.

I glanced over at his companions next to him.

A guy caught my eye. Black hair, green eyes. I nudged Mira beside me, who was looking at the ‘leader’ of the gang and I.

“Mira,” I whispered, “Look at the guy at the far left. Doesn’t he look a bit like Jail?”

Her eyes widened and she nodded quickly.

“What do we do?” she whispered back.

“Get his phone number and picture. Use your charms.”

  She gave me questioning look, and I gave an abrupt nod.

Mira made her way to Junior Jail and clutched his arm in a ty way.

“Hello there handsome~ How about you give me a picture and your phone number? ~ We can chat later tonight~” she said in a seductive voice. Her acting skills were exceptional.

And, being the boys are, he fell right into her trap. After we had got what we wanted, she came back to me. Sir Flirts-a-lot looked at Mira and I in a suspicious way. I winked and we stalked away, everybody looking at us with their jaws on the floor. Well, you get the idea.

Then it hit me. We didn’t get the directions.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 1! And the cast for the guys is whoever. I don’t go around searching pictures of guys. I mean, EWWWWWWWW! Also, da pic is Clara. OMG 1307 WORDS! THAT’S THE LONGEST CHAPTER I’VE EVER WRITTEN…