Promise.

Promise.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A/N: This is sort of a continuation to "This means War" but you don't have to read that one to understand this one. Anyway, enjoy :)

Jimin could still remember the day Jungkook confessed like it was just yesterday, though it had been two months. He could recall how Jungkook’s behavior had been odd up until the day he’d confessed. He remembered how Jungkook had seemed hostile towards Taehyung and he’d never been able to understand why, but of course, now it all made sense. Jimin should have detected the jealousy but he had been so sure Jungkook would never feel the same way about him and so the thought never crossed his mind. And honestly, Jimin had been to lost in his own feelings for Jungkook to notice the other's own emotional turmoil. But he was happy that the younger had confessed and that they were dating now...though sometimes he questioned it, were they really dating? After all, not much had changed in their relationship besides being able to freely kiss one another. But besides that, hardly anything changed. Jungkook was still the same and so was Jimin. That’s why he was sitting on the bleachers watching Jungkook play basketball.

Jimin watched Jungkook move across the basketball court as if he owned it. In all honesty, the only person on the basketball team that could possibly compete with Jungkook was Yoongi, but the elder wasn’t there today having caught the flu. So it was all up to Jungkook to lead practice today since he was the vice captain. Jungkook was a good leader even if the younger tended to be really shy and reserved. Everyone who knew Jungkook knew that he was talented in many ways and capable of doing almost anything. But Jungkook was also predictable and steady, and Jimin loved that most about him. Though, at the same time, he kind of hated it because it made it feel as if they weren’t in a relationship, seeing as Jungkook hadn’t made any other moves besides kissing.

“Hyung! Ready to go?” Jungkook asked as he approached Jimin with a huge grin and sparkling eyes. Jimin returned the smile and nodded while grabbing his backpack. The two males walked out of the building and headed towards their dorm. Jungkook held Jimin’s hand as they walked in relative silence. They were both enjoying the autumn air and colorful trees that lined the streets of their university. Once they reached their dorm, Jungkook headed off to the bathroom to take a shower, while Jimin decided to prepare something for the two of them to eat.

While Jimin was cooking, Jungkook came into the kitchen and decided to surprise Jimin by going up to him and wrapping his arms around Jimin’s waist, effectively startling Jimin and earning a small squeak of surprise out of him.

“Aish, you’re so mean!” Jimin pouted at Jungkook which only made the younger laugh and kiss him on the cheek.

“Sorry hyung, I just love seeing your reactions,” Jungkook said with a smile and playful eyes. His dark brown hair was still wet from his shower and so it stuck to his forehead and a few droplets fell onto the baby blue towel he had around his neck. Jimin noted that the younger had yet to put on his shirt as all Jungkook currently wore were his shorts. And while Jimin had seen Jungkook practically most of his life, he still couldn’t help the way his insides squirmed at the sight of a shirtless Jungkook. But years of practice (and fear of his love being unrequited) had eventually led Jimin to school his emotions so he no longer blushed so easily at the sight. However, Jimin no longer needed to school his emotions, yet found that the habit was already in place and much too hard to break.

“Hmm hmm, you’re still mean,” Jimin replied turning off the stove and then facing Jungkook. He grabbed the towel around the younger’s neck and placed it over Jungkook’s hair as he began to dry it for the younger who closed his eyes and hummed in satisfaction. Jungkook had always liked having Jimin dry his hair for him claiming Jimin would give the best massage while drying his hair. And since Jimin was hopelessly in love with Jungkook (even though Jungkook hadn’t known it at the time) he’d willingly indulged the younger often whenever Jungkook approached him with a towel and wet hair.

“Jiminie hyung?” Jungkook called out softly as Jimin finished drying his hair.

“Yes, Kookie?” Jimin replied.

“Do you really love me?” Jungkook asked in an uncertain tone grabbing a hold of Jimin’s arms and bringing them down.

“Of course I do. Do I not shower you with enough affection to prove it?” Jimin replied with a confused expression. Was Jungkook questioning his love all of a sudden? Or did he just want a confirmation?

“No that’s not it. It’s just...nothing’s changed?” Jungkook stuttered out, his cheeks glowing red. Jimin said nothing as he blinked at the other trying to decipher what he meant. Seeing the confusion written on the elder’s face, Jungkook continued.

“I mean...well like nothing's changed between us?... I mean, not, nothing, since I can kiss you on the lips now instead of just your forehead or cheek...but like...I want more I guess?....No that’s not it...uh...I mean I’d like to go further but...it just seems like...like I have no effect on you...like you still kind of treat me like a little brother?...And we’re supposed to be dating...but I sometimes wonder if we are... cause like you don’t react to me the way I want...no that’s wrong..um...like you aren’t blushing though I’m half right now...I mean if I saw you half I’d probably blush...but you haven’t even once since we started dating...you don’t even blush when I say cheesy things and...I don’t know what I’m trying to say...I just feel like you might not see me the way I see you...do you get what I mean?” Jungkook said looking at Jimin hopelessly. Jimin just stared at the younger for a few seconds before bursting out into laughter which earned him an angry pout from the younger.

“It’s not funny! I’m being serious!” Jungkook protested, his face turning completely red as he let go of Jimin’s arms.

“S-sorry! I didn’t mean t-to laugh…” Jimin took a deep breath calming himself down before he proceeded. He grabbed one of Jungkook’s hands and brought it up to his chest laying it over his heart.

“Feel that Kookie?” Jimin asked. Jungkook nodded and so Jimin leaned up and kissed Jungkook on the lips. They kissed for a few seconds before Jimin pulled away breathless, Jungkook’s hand still pressed to his chest.

“Now see how my heart rate went up? That’s because of you. Just the thought of us kissing makes my heart rate pick up. And seeing you topless...well let’s just say... the way my heart was beating before? That wasn’t actually my normal heart rate at all….Jungkook you’ve always had an effect on me. Since the day we met back in middle school you’ve had an effect on me” Jimin said recalling their past together.

“Don’t you remember? I used to blush a lot around you, you’d tease me about it sometimes when others mentioned it...back then I thought my feelings were never going to be reciprocated and so I started training myself to not react anymore. That’s why I don’t blush around you anymore, but really, just because I appear calm doesn’t mean I am.” Jimin continued as Jungkook’s looked at him with wide eyes and a happy grin.

“On the contrary, whenever I see you like this or whenever you say something sweet or cheesy or when you do something romantic I turn all mushy inside. My stomach is filled with butterflies whenever I’m around you and I automatically smile at the thought of you. You have always had a tremendous effect on me Kookie. You always will.” Jimin finished leaning in for another sweet kiss.

“Why did I wait so long to confess? Actually, why didn’t you ever confess?” Jungkook asked when the pulled apart for air once again.

“Me? Well, that’s because you used to tease me about liking you so I was too scared to...and as for you...well beats me.” Jimin answered with a shrug.

“Sorry for teasing you...but why would that deter you from confessing?”

“Kookie, I’m not blaming you. You never teased me in such a bad way that it would hurt me or anything...I just got nervous since you teased me, it made me think you didn’t like me in that way.” Jimin replied.

“You still could have tried to confess?”

“Oi, you’d never have confessed if it weren’t for Tae. So don’t judge me for being too afraid as well!... Speaking of which I still need to thank him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter