Chapter 1

Runaway

Given with the situation
Will come hardships and all
Will I able to face it?
Or it will make me to come home?

The sound of alarm clock beside my bed woke me up. I lazily stretched and walked to the bathroom, which is only a few steps from my bed, to do my thing. I wash my face and mumble to myself.

"Starting today, you're on your own so stop being a lazy person." 

What date is it today? I looked at the calendar and noticed it's only a week before the classes start. I sighed while going to the kitchen that can be seen from the living room.

The apartment I got is too small for me but fortunately, I know the owner of this. I cooked my breakfast, sunny side-up, coffee, and bread. 

After I eat, I took a bath and dress in a comfortable clothes but still look decent. I need a work so I would find one now. I left the apartment and go to the nearest coffee shop. I breathed heavily before I enter. 

The aroma of coffee welcomed me. I walk near the girl in cashier. 

"Do you still have an available position here? Uhm, I mean job?" I asked.

"Just go straight ahead to that office, miss." She pointed at the direction so I start to go in that direction.

I accidentally looked at the corner of the shop which is occupied by the whitest guy I ever seen. 'He's handsome...' I thought. I shook my head and my eyes widened when I noticed that he looked at me. I looked down and continuously make my way towards the office. 

I knocked softly and opened the door after I heard a woman's voice saying "come in".

A woman whom, I think is in her early 40's, that is sitting on a swivel chair looked so young because of her skin. She smiled at me while signaling I should sit down so I did.

"Good morning, Ma'am. I'm applying for a job. Is there any available?" My hands are shaking while asking. 

"May I see your resume, Miss?" I handed to her the papers in my hand.

It took her a minute looking at my resume when the door of her office opened. It was the guy earlier! The one who is sitting at the corner of the coffee shop! He sat at the chair infront of me. My heart beat became fast so I immediately looked down. I could feel the stares he's giving me that made my face flustered.

I mentally slap myself. I shouldn't be like this. I'm looking for a job and not a relation. My mind let go of that thought when the woman called me.  

"You're hired. You could start tomorrow. Your schedule will be given tomorrow so it will be much better if you arrive 8 o'clock sharp." She then again give me a satisfying smile.

I thanked her and my gaze turned to the guy. The corner of his red lips were a sign he's preventing himself to smile and his eyes twinkling as if he's having fun. Because of panic, I stood up and left without thanking the woman who hired me.