Final

Farewell

 

He ran hurriedly across the road and along the pavement. In the midst of running, he took a glimpse on his left wrist. ! He was late. Very late.

 

He came to a halt when there were obstacles, blocking his way, vases of colourful flowers to be exact. He panted, gasping for more air. His adrenaline had worn down and he felt his knees buckle beneath him. He shot his hand up and shouted dramatically.

 

"I did it!"

 

He was on the verge of crying in happiness when he heard a quiet cough on his right side. He turned his head and saw a soft-looking man. He was in a light blue shirt tucked in a pair of skinny jeans. A white apron was on his waist to complete his appearance.

 

He blushed, feeling embarrassed that there was someone watching his dramatic reaction. He stood up, brushing off the dust from his clothes while composing himself.

 

"May I help you, sir?"

 

He nodded while read the name on the nametag. Kim Seokjin. Seokjin gestured him to come in. As he stepped in, a wave of calmness hit him. Indeed, the fragrance of fresh flowers was able to soothe him. He kept his eyes on a yellowish flower when the florist asked.

 

"To whom these flowers for?"

 

"For my..."

 

His words were cut off. "Is it for your girlfriend? You can give her red roses. Is she a soft girl? Then, you shall get that bouquet," Seokjin pointed to a stalk of sunflower surrounded by bright red roses.

 

"That combination means she has a sensitive and soft heart despite her tough appearance," the florist explained enthusiastically.

 

To be honest, he did not hear any of the explanation since he kept glancing his Gucci watch. He was getting later. He did not want to have a short visiting time. He just wanted to tell him when the florist blabbering again.

 

"Is she your love-at-first-sight girl? You can give her lavender." He cocked his eyebrow, hearing nonsense suggestion. Seokjin chuckled upon seeing his reaction. "It can't be a bouquet but she can keep it as a house decor since its fragrance is calming. Or you want to…"

 

"Can you ing stop blabbering and just give me a bouquet for my mother?!" He shouted in annoyance. He did not want to waste his time just for hearing these s.

 

Seokjin was shocked and dropped his face. "I'm sorry. You can give her this." He picked several pink flowers and wrapped them into a neat bouquet. "This is carnation. Pink carnation means mother's love."

 

He could hear lack of enthusiasm in the florist's voice. Guilt seeped into his heart but his mother was his priority now, not his feeling. He took the wrapped flowers.

 

"How much is this?"

 

"16 000 won."

 

He paid the bouquet and turned around to leave. However, the florist stopped him and gave him a black rose.

 

"This is for you..."

 

"Kim Taehyung."

 

"…Taehyung-ssi. I'm sure you need it later." He smiled.

 

"Thank you." Taehyung accepted it without thinking much. He then dashed out of the shop and towards the hospital, missing the soft chuckle echoed in the shop.

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

Taehyung curled under the blanket, mourning his mother's death. It had been a week since her funeral. Her health deteriorated day by day. He always by her side from then along with the bouquet of carnation and the black rose. And he was with her when she took her last breath.

 

Taehyung looked up to the white ceiling. He sighed, wondering how he would continue his life without his lovely guardian. Precious memories of them kept replaying in his mind. His eyes started watery and he broke into tears again.

 

He drifted his sight to the right and saw the withered rose in a watery glass on the bedpost. Black petals were scattered around the glass. Suddenly the image of Kim Seokjin flashed.

 

Taehyung rose from his bed and rushed to the front door. He grabbed the black jacket before twisted the knob; it was snowing. He did not care the lack of clothes on him and the chill from the wind. He just felt the urge to visit the florist.

 

Less than ten minutes running and he arrived at the shop, or he thought so. He was standing in front of an empty building. He huffed in confusion. He was sure that he was at the right place.

 

Taehyung saw a cafe across the building. He crossed the road and entered the cafe. A chime echoed as he pushed the main door opened.

 

"Welcome to Brick Cafe," a cashier girl beamed.

 

Taehyung rushed to the cashier and asked the girl about the florist.

 

"Where is the florist that works at that shop? Is he moving his shop?" He pointed at the building. The bright girl frowned and looked gloomy.

 

The answer he got made his face turned white.

 

"He's already dead last year."

 



 

815 words...

Thank you for willing to read my drabble. I try really hard just to write this long as I have suffered writer's block  T.T

I post this drabble as a celebration for BTS winning BBMAs yesterday. CONGRATULATION BANGTAN SONYEONDAN CONGRATZ A.R.M.Y!!! ♡.♡

As I also a STARLIGHT, give many loves to VIXX Shangri La too~ ^3^