We Need a Little Push and Pull

Ocean-like Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung bit the end of her pencil, her brows furrowed together as she hummed the ending line of the chorus. Da noga beorilgeol. I guess that sounds right. Flashes of dark eyes and sideways glances kept running through Chaeyoung’s mind. She was getting frustrated. Chaeyoung began scribbling out lyrics about an hour ago after Mina hugged her for what seemed to be the seventieth time that day.

Chaeyoung had been playing Xbox with Mina. She was losing of course, mostly because she couldn’t help but sneak a few glances at the older girl and not pay attention to the game. Chaeyoung loved how Mina’s eyes shone when she was in the heat of a virtual battle. Her doe eyes, large as always, reflected the blue screen in the darkened living room. Chaeyoung couldn’t stop staring. God, I could drown in those eyes. She jumped as her controller vibrated against her clammy hands. Mina won the round like always.

“Aw Chaengie,” Mina had said teasingly, turning to Chaeyoung on the couch. “You’ll win against me one day.”

Chaeyoung shook herself out of her daze. She honestly didn’t even mind losing because she was happy just to spend time with Mina. Chaeyoung dipped her head and smiled. “Unnie, you’re just too good. I could never beat you.”

Mina giggled and leaned closer to Chaeyoung and tousled her short hair. Chaeyoung held her breath as Mina got closer. Mina wrapped her slender arms around Chaeyoung’s shoulders and pulled her close. Chaeyoung felt her face heat up as she clumsily returned the hug. Mina was always gentle with her and that made Chaeyoung’s heart beat even harder.

Mina pulled back from the embrace and lightly ran her hand down Chaeyoung’s arm, glancing down at her. “Ready for another round, Chaengie?” Chaeyoung eagerly nodded, ready to have Mina’s eyes focus on anything other than her reddening face.

When Mina left with the other members to run errands, Chaeyoung knew she had to do something about her growing feelings for the girl. She had said her goodbyes to her unnies, with yet another hug from Mina, and quickly shut herself in her room with her notebook.  

In the past few weeks, Mina and Chaeyoung had gotten incredibly close. They had been close before, but their friendship was taken to a whole new level. Chaeyoung found herself spending almost all her time with Mina; watching movies together, practicing one-on-one together, eating together and even napping together. Mina had even wanted to play basketball with Chaeyoung despite her lack of physical skill. This all confused Chaeyoung. What did it mean?

All the little touches, glances, hugs and smiles flustered Chaeyoung and honestly made her anxious. All of the members of Twice were a bit liberal with their skinship. Was this just a phase or did it mean more? When Twice was formed, Mina was reserved due to her shyness, but eventually she opened up to everyone. She hugged all the other members, but Chaeyoung felt that Mina’s hugs had more meaning to them. Am I reading too much into this?

Chaeyoung threw her pencil down on the desk and leaned back with a sigh. She was in too deep; in writing and in Mina. Chaeyoung knew what she wanted the lyrics to portray but she just didn’t know how to get there; just like how she had no idea how she felt about Mina. She had parts of the chorus and a few lines for the verses but she was stuck.

Chaeyoung pushed back her chair and grabbed her notebook. She needed help from her leader, the only one she would trust to help organize her thoughts. Chaeyoung walked out of the maknae room. Luckily, the only member home was Jihyo, meaning no pesky unnies trying to eavesdrop.

“Unnie?” Chaeyoung knocked on Jihyo’s door. She heard her call from the other side. Chaeyoung opened the door to see Jihyo laying in bed on her phone. “Unnie, I need your help.”

Jihyo perked up at the chance to help her maknae. She loved it when her members asked for her assistance. She sat up quickly, “What’s up Chaeng-ah?”

Chaeyoung shifted from foot to foot in the doorway, hiding her hands in her oversized hoodie sleeves. She glanced at the messy handwriting in her notebook. After a moment of chewing on her lip, she looked up at Jihyo.

“Unnie, I have a lot of feelings.”

Jihyo simply laughed, noticing Chaeyoung’s lyric writing notebook. Poor kid, at it again. She always wrote lyrics whenever she was overwhelmed with something. From the outside, Son Chaeyoung was a cool, flirty girl crush. However, Jihyo knew better. This kid was a shy, blubber

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter