I Swear It's Not Mine

I Swear It's Not Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Holding up the offending and obnoxious bright orange underwear, Seokjin turned his eyes sharply to his boyfriend, with his left eyebrow perfectly cocked.

 

“I swear it’s not mine!”

 

Listening to the instantaneous denial made Seokjin scoff. He turned the underwear in a direction that Taehyung could see the initials on the tag in black sharpie.


“Really, Taehyung? Really?”

 

Throwing the orange undies at Taehyung, they hit him in the chest. Catching them Taehyung examined the tag and his face fell. They were indeed his underwear. If they had been anywhere but in Jungkook’s bedroom right now, it wouldn’t have been a problem. Recently, the two students had been getting close really fast. They just meshed well together and having two of the same classes that also gave projects didn’t help with them having to spend time together. Seokjin had already graduated, so it wasn’t like their schedules always matched up being a chef at a restaurant called for long hours and odd ones at times too. The two still saw each other often but Jungkook had still gotten in between some quality time on more than one occasion of over the past couple of weeks.

 

“Can we go now? I can’t believe you dragged me to the guy’s apartment that you’ve been cheating on me with.” Seokjin throws his hands up in the air, his frustration and waning patient very much noted in his tone.

 

“Actually, this. I’ll just leave. Have fun with your new toy. I don’t need this .” He refused to meet Taehyung’s eyes as he went for the door. Taehyung’s panic had him at a standstill he didn’t know which to do first. Stop Seokjin from hitting an embarrassing roadblock or stop Seokjin from misunderstanding. In his panic, he froze and Seokjin had already made it to the door.

 

“Uh, you do realize that we’re locked in, right?”

 

Shaking the doorknob, Seokjin had forgot the door had somehow jammed and they were locked in this god forsaken bedroom that smelled like old socks but he really needed to get out of this place. Right now. His emotions were attacking him from every angle and he just really, really didn’t want to cry in front of Taehyung. Now was not the time.

 

Yelling in frustration he kicked the door, not that it helped, it didn’t and it just hurt his big toe. Taehyung approached slowly and placed his hand on his boyfriend’s wrist but it was jerked back like his touch was hot coals from a fire. A frown replaced any previous happiness, Taehyung had from being able to spend time with his boyfriend. He had unfortunately left his wallet at Jungkook’s the other night and the younger male had text him that he had put it in his room and where the spare key was. Except, now the door to his room was having issues and they were stuck until the younger got home in about four hours.

 

“Don’t touch me.”

 

Biting his lip, Taehyung looked down at his feet while his hand dropped to his side. Seokjin knew better than to look at the younger or he’d cave. He always caved with Taehyung, he just didn’t know how to say no. There was some magical pull that the other had over him, he couldn’t fight. The man was always so endearing, wearing his heart on his sleeve and smiling like the moon and stars were in his eyes, sparkling just for Seokjin. It was a problem, so instead he looked out the window.

 

“Seokjinnie…” This was a nickname that Taehyung used seldomly but it stirred feeling in the older that he forced himself to squash.

 

“I-I know those are mine but I swear. God, I swear, that nothing happened. Jungkook and I are just friends.”

 

The elder remained quiet, he was listening but he couldn’t cave. It hurt him so much to be standing in this room, the air was oppressive and he could feel the sadness seeping out of Taehyung, permeating the room. He also couldn’t push aside the thoughts that had been nagging him for the past two weeks, that something was different. The shoe dropped. Those orange underwear where the proof.

 

Trying again, Taehyung took Seokjin’s hand in his. This time Seokjin didn’t yank it back but he remained limp while the younger caressed the top of his hand. Taehyung was at a loss for how to get Seokjin believe him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter