Chapter 1

Save Me

Spring has finally came, the cherry blossom trees bloomed and the wind striked the leaves causing them to fall to the streets. Sungjae took a deep breathe, feel the fresh air that filling his lungs. He put his hands in his pocket, he took a glance at a letter inside of it—I’ll read this later- he thought.

“ah I’m gonna be late.” He ran immediately when he remembered that it was the first day of school.

-

Sungjae pulled the letter out while his teacher Seo Eunkwang walked out from the class. He didn’t really pay attention into this but his teacher was saying something like he was gonna introduce someone?

Sungjae started to read the letter.

To my junior highschool self. How are you? I’m writing this letter from ten years in the future.

“ten years?!” he was a bit shocked but still continue reading.

You may ask why I write a letter to my junior highschool self? It’s because I have a favor for you. So I don’t repeat the same mistakes again. I’m gonna write everything in this letter. With this I hope that you’re gonna choose the best choices that you want.

April 6

It was the first day of school, I looked at the cherry blossoms trees and thought that I was gonna be late. On that day, there will be a new transfer student in my class. His name is Jung Ilhoon from Ilsan and he will sit next to me.

“Be quiet please!” Eunkwang returned to the class with someone behind him. “We have a new transfer student from Ilsan.”  As  he started to write the new student's name on the board.

 “His name is Jung Ilhoon, comes from Ilsan. It’s his first time to be in Seoul. I hope you could take care of him. Do you wanna share something?” Eunkwang asked Ilhoon.

“I’m Jung Ilhoon. It’s nice to mee you all, I hope we can be friends.” He bowed.

“Alright Jung Ilhoon… Please take a seat and your seat will be next to Yook Sungjae, that boy.” Eunkwang pointed to the vacant seat next to Sungjae.

“Thank you.”

Sungjae closed the letter he read as Ilhoon walked to his seat near Sungjae, he bowed his head politeness, so is Sungjae and after exchanging a little view with Sungjae, Ilhoon sat on his chair.

“It’s just a coincidence, right?” Sungjae thought.

-

“Sungjae-ah let’s go to the bakery we usually visit! I heard that they have new variants.” Hyunsik came to Sungjae’s seat when class is over.

“C’mon come with us.” Changsub whined. They all now gathered at Sungjae's desk.

Ilhoon was about to leave the class when Minhyuk say. “Hey new student! You should come with us too.” Minhyuk appoarced the new student.

“Wait… if I remember correctly. Wasn’t it written in the letter?”

April 6

You all invited Ilhoon out but he rejected at first

Ilhoon turned his back. “Ahh.. I’m sorry but I get something to do.”

That day, I want you to not invite him to go out with you, at all.

“Ayeee it’s your fisrt time here right? We can give you a tour around this place if you want.” Minhyuk put his hand on Ilhoon’s shoulder. Minhyuk tried to convince him.

He looked hesitate but he finally said “Well I guess, it’s fine.” Ilhoon smiled slightly. All of them cheered to hear the answer from Ilhoon and Sungjae couldn't help but smile too.

“I think there’s nothing wrong with inviting him with us and I’m also curious with what’s gonna happen.”

-

“Guys! I’m back, I bought these breads for you.” Changsub ran out from the building with two bags full of bread in both hands.

"Can I have two?" Hyunsik said looking at the bags.

“Hey you should try this! It’s the best among all.” Minhyuk handed Ilhoon a piece of bread.

“Thank you.”

“And this strawberry bread for Sungjae.” Minhyuk smiled at him.

With that Ilhoon looked at Sungjae, Sungjae looked back at him.

“Can we trade? I like strawberry the most.” Ilhoon seemed hesitate.

Sungjae giggled “Sure.”

Ilhoon started to unwrap the food, seemed to enjoy it.

"By the way, we haven't introduce ourselves. I'm Minhyuk, that guy who has pretty eyes smile is Hyunsik." Hyunsik raised his hand.

"This is Changsub." Minhyuk pointed Changsub who was standing next to him. "And the guy next to you is Sungjae." Sungjae smiled slightly.

"Is that okay if we call you Ilhoon?" Ilhoon just nodded his head with a bright smile on his face.

-

Sungjae lied down on his couch thinking about what was just happening today. Is that even possible for you to write a letter and send it to the past? Is he really write that letter? "AHHHH!!" Sungjae covered his face with a pillow. This is really scared him.