That Day

I'm not jealous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the apartment... 

The sounds of keys dangling came from the front door. From the corner of my eyes, I could see the petite female figure strolling in from the front porch after placing her shoes onto the shelves.

"Oh? You're here?" She asked, surprised at my presence at her empty apartment early in the morning.

"I was here the whole night." I replied, expressing my pain that she left me here the whole night. Even though we had not promised anything, this was still the first time I came over only to be greeted by a whole night of silence. "Where were you?"

"I slept with Hyejin yesterday..." She said, putting down her keys at the dining table and started to head towards me. "I didn't know you would..."

"You slept with her?!" My eyes widened in horror, standing up immediately.

"I mean I slept at her place." With a chuckle, she encircled her arms around my waist. Glancing upwards, she asked. "Why? You look quite scary..."

"Why?" I probed further, wanting to know what she was occupying herself with last night that she didn't even need to have a daily cuddle session with me. "Why did you sleep at her place? What did you guys do last night?"

"Just the usual stuff..." Putting an her most innocent look and dimple smile, she replied casually.

"Then why didn't you return? It's just two apartments away." Not wanting to let it go, I continued with my interrogation.

"Cos it was pretty late~" She shrugged her shoulders as she started to pull apart from our embrace. "Hyerim unnie is probably waiting downstairs, I'm gonna go change~!"

At that, she turned around and started to head off towards her room.

"Yah! Jung Wheein! You're not gonna explain?!" Following behind her, I questioned, slightly agitated that she is leaving the conversation just like this.

"I already did, Byulie~" Suddenly, she stopped in her tracks and had her head turned back to look at me. "Are you perhaps... Jealous?"

"No I'm not jealous! Why would I be jealous? I know that you two are just best friends! I'll never be jealous!" Shaking my hands wildly, I denied the claims she were making in regards to my behaviour.

"Okay then, if you say so~" With a shrug of her shoulder, Wheein-ie entered her room and headed straight to her wardrobe. After picking out the clothes she was going to wear for today, she grabbed her towel hanging on the clothes rack and went into the bathroom.

"Why are you following me?" Just as I was about to step into the shower area, Wheein-ie stopped me. "I'm going to shower and change..."

"It's okay, just do it infront of me." I tried to continue my advances into the bathroom. "I need to do some inspection anyways."

"Moon Byulyi, what do you have to inspect?!" Once again, her palms on my chest gave me another light push.

"It's obvious enough, do I have to put it in words?" I held on to her wrist and pulled her closer, bringing our faces inches apart. 

"Well... I know what you're thinking, but we have a schedule later." Her words were almost like hisses. I could feel the moist air she was breathing out landing so close to my lips. Snapping me out my thoughts, Wheein-ie pushed me out of the bathroom. "So nono~ Out you go~"

"I'm only gonna check, like really!" I banged at the bathroom door, wanting to be let in.

Locking the door, Wheein-ie diverted the conversation somewhere else. "You can go down first, text me if Hyerim unnie has reached!"

Downstairs...

I made my way slowly downstairs, adhering to my princess commands unwillingly. Sometimes, I wonder why I listen to her words so obediently even though I did not want to.

She must have placed a spell on me.

The spell called love which got me so deep.

There was no one at the lobby. The car was nowhere to be seen either. Knowing that the other two must be late again, I took a seat at the sofa placed at the lobby while my mind was still preoccupied with what happened earlier.

DING

The lift bell rang, signalling its arrival on the first floor. I glanced in the direction of the lift to check if it was my princess who came to accompany me. No it wasn't. In fact, the person who emerged from the lift door was the source of my unknown anger in the morning. Her eyes were glued to the phone in her hands as she headed in my direction. 

"Your eyes look like they are going to pop out, unnie." Taking a seat on the couch infront of me, Hyejin said while still engaged on her phone. "Do I look exceptionally pretty today? Or is there something on my clothes? You've been staring since I appeared infront of you. I'm no alien for you to stare like that."

"What were you doing with Wheein last night?" I questioned, eyes still on her.

"Hmm? Aren't you supposed to get that answer from Wheein and not me?" Still busy with her phone, Hyejin did not even bother to look up. "Or is it that Wheein didn't want to tell you?"

"Just... Answer me." Evading her questions, I directed the conversation towards what I needed to hear.

"You should ask your girlfriend, not me~" At last, she looked up from her phone. Crossing her right leg over her left, Hyejin leaned backwards onto the backrest of the couch.

I brought myself to ask the question once again, knowing that my patience has its limits. "What exactly were you two doing..."

"Doing what?" Yongsun unnie appeared beside us suddenly, cutting me off from what I was saying. "Who's the two?"

"Byulyi unnie is jea..." I ran over to her side of the couch and covered Hyejin's mouth immediately for I knew what was going to come after.

Securing my hands on , I exclaimed. "No I'm not jealous! Why would I be jealous? I know that you two are just best friends! I'll never be jealous!"

"Jealous because of?" Puzzled, Yongsun unnie asked.

Finally gathering enough strength to pull my hand away, Hyejin remarked with a smirk on her face. "Okay then, Byulyi unnie. You're sooooooo not jealous."

"Jealous of what?" Like a child who was being left out from the world's top secret, Yongsun unnie begged us to tell her with her aegyo filled voice. "Tell me~!"

"I'm not jealous. Not jealous at all." I stood up from the couch and started to head towards the car that had just arrived at the apartment building's entrance.

"Tell me Byul-ah! Tell me~" Chasing after me, Yongsun unnie's curiosity begs to be fulfilled.

"There's nothing to tell unnie!" I exclaimed loudly as I headed towards my destination.

"Oh, Hyerim unnie just arrived?" Shouting across the lift lobby, Wheein was directing her question towards her members who were walking towards the building entrance.

"Yeah~ Wheein-ah, is that a plaster on your neck? Did you hurt yourself?!" Yongsun unnie's sharp eyes have caught on to something that I dd not manage to discover in the morning. Instantly, I took a glance at the transparent strip on her neck. After a few seconds of silence, Yongsun unnie continued with both her hands covering in shock. "Oh wait... Did you and Byul do something last night? Woot woot~"

Is that a...

"It's not like that unnie." Feeling the anger rise up within me as I allowed my imagination to run wild.

"Yeah, nothing of that sort unnie!" The blush pink on Wheein-ie's face was rather obvious.

"Don't be shy Byul-ah~! Wheein is already turning all red!" Yongsun unnie's teasing never seem to stop.

"Stop. We didn't." I said coldly, wanting to put a halt to it once and for all.

"Oh. Okay..." Being surprised by my harsh tone, Yongsun unnie turned silent.

Just at that moment, the car door unlocked and Hyerim unnie waved for us to get up onto the car. Wanting to leave the conversation, I was the first who got on the car. Given the privilege to choose my seat, I decided to silent protest by not sitting with Wheein-ie today. As such, I planted myself on one of the front seats that were separated with a gap. 

"Byulie, you're taking the single seat today?" Looking at me, Wheein-ie was puzzled at my actions since it's the first time I did not want to sit with her without any prior arrangements.

"I need some sleep. Alone." Forcing my eyes to a close, I deliberately pouted so that Wheein-ie could sense my unhappiness. However, that did not happen.

"Wheein-ah, then let's sit together~! I have something to show you~" Right at that moment, Hyejin took Wheein-ie's hand in hers and started to pull her towards the back seat though she seems to have set her eyes on the seat beside mine.

"Unnie, let's take the backseat today. I have something to tell you." Immediately, I stood up from the front seat and pulled Yongsun unnie-- Who was standing way at the back, up onto th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter