Chapter ONENew Place, New Findings

Unseen At 08:00
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MoonSun Island    9.20pm

Hari's pace quickens as she looks at her wristwatch, hoping to arrive home sooner. 30 minutes. She was lightly sprinting at the time, and a 15-minute stroll had been shortened to only five minutes. She unlocks her door, locks it again, and zooms across to one of the storage baskets where she keeps her clothes after switching on the lights. Hari raises her wristwatch to her eye level to double-check the time. Over her black long sleeve tee and black cargo pants, she wore a black long cloak that reached below her knees. She wears her hair in a ponytail and carries a black sheathed sword across her back. Hari locks the door behind her as she exits her house and walks down the flight of steps, back into the streets.

Slowing down her pace when she came upon a lane that appeared to be devoid of life and, not to mention, shady as hell, makes it the ideal location. Hari took a piece of chalk from her pocket and drew a circle large enough to accommodate her feet. To make it look like a crescent moon, she colours a quarter of the circle then took a position in the circle's centre. Hari closes her eyes and speaks softly into the silence. “Kirayu descendant, Hari of the Kim line, for there I am under the great eight moonlight,” she slowly opened her eyes and she saw a blob of black at the far end of the With its mouth wide open and black sunken eyes, the entity beneath the robe resembles a skeleton. A Heil. Hari draws her blade from its sheath and s it forward as quickly as lightning. She dashed towards the beast and slashed it across the face. A frightening scream came from its jaws, sending shivers down her spine. Hari slammed her fist into the creature's chest before it could change form. The thing smoulders and dissipates into black smoke. Another came after that, and another after that, until she was panting from the fight. She murmurs, "This is going to be a long night."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey, wait up Jungkook!" The brunette haired boy ran with his other friend in tow chasing Jungkook.  Jungkook stopped running just slightly behind Hari, looking as if he did not just run a mile with his normal breathing and non-sweating face.

He swiped his bangs aside and his heels, sporting an amused face at his two older friends who was panting like a dog while still running.

Eyes wide, realization kick in that they were not slowing down. As a reflex, he took a step to the left to avoid running into them. "Guys, stop!" Jungkook called out, hands flailing in a universal sign for 'stop'.

The brunette managed to slow down but to no luck, he collided with the girl that had her earphones in her ears. His friend who was running behind him had been a little faster and stopped swiftly in his tracks, eyes widened when he saw his friend bumping into the poor girl.

Hari stumbled forward roughly but in the last minute managed to catch herself from falling flat on her face. Her hands opened wide to stable herself.

Gasps resounded from the people around her as they witnessed the scene. She turned around slowly, hands pulling the earbuds out from her ears. Her face was blank as she kept her annoyance to herself. Reigning back her emotions coupled with tiredness to a simmer. The brunette's eyes grew larger when he saw her impassive face and quickly bowed plenty of times while repeatedly saying sorry.

Hari already tired enough from yesterday hectic, just waved him off, "it's alright." Then she turned back to the front while putting her earbuds back in. She ignored the murmurs and raised an eyebrow at the girl in front of her who was staring at her.

That made the girl blush and turned around hastily on the balls of her heels. The three boys just hissed quietly to each other before joining the line behind Hana. "You should have wait for us! Then I wouldn't have bumped into her," brunette guy said to Jungkook. The said guy just rolled his eyes, "you shouldn't be chasing me in the first place, Taehyung hyung," having none of it the other boy in their little group hissed back to the both of them, "shut it both of you and just please lined up," whacking both of them on their heads. With a pout, they silently fall into line with the others.

 

"Here is your schedule for your preferred course," Hari took the piece of paper that was given to her from the secretary after a long wait. She thanked her and when she was just about to walk away, the secretary called back, "wait, Hari-ssi! I see that you are not from  Moonsum High right?" Hari looked back at her and nodded once. "If so, you are required to go for an interview for the school's council club," she said.

Confused she looked back at the woman, "What? Why?" "You see Moonsun Institution has three sectors which are middle school, high school, and uni which you are in right now. High school and university have the same student council and everyone is required to take part in. By taking part, it means everyone in high school and college has to go for an interview for a spot in the council. If not you will receive a deduction of points in your final exams. In a way, Moonsun wants to give everyone a chance to express their leadership skills." Hari hearing that, was absolutely dumbfounded.

 "Oh okay, so when is this... interview, you were saying?" With a smile, the woman answered her, "oh, just go to the fifth floor of this building at 10 am tomorrow. You will see the council room sign when you get there and I know this is weird, being forced to be in something as a student body community, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter