If you're not the one

If you're not the one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon is cleaning her room, she have an early flight tomorrow morning.

I’m going home.

She’s busy collecting her things when a box caught her attention. She smiles. Jeongyeon lifted the box and carefully placed them on her study table. She opened it and memories of her and Nayeon flashes back.

They’ve been friend since they are still a kid. Jeongyeon is a shy and quiet girl, she doesn’t like going out. She enjoys being with herself only. But things started to change when the empty house beside their home are occupied by new neighbors. Being a good neighbor they are, her mom and dad paid a visit at the new family. And that’s how she knew Im Nayeon.

Im Nayeon is the complete opposite of Jeongyeon, she’s a friendly and outgoing. Jeongyeon quietly observed her, she’s busy watering her garden. Nayeon caught her eyes, she suddenly closed the blind on her room. That’s her daily routine, everyday she’s peeking through her window just to see what the other girl is doing. But one day, she didn’t see her in the garden. Jeongyeon frowned. Her thoughts were suddenly when her mom calls her, telling her that someone is looking for her.

Jeongyeon got confused. Why would someone look for her when she doesn’t even go out in their house. She went to the living room, her eyes widen when she sees the girl she have been observing for almost a week.

“Hi, Jeongyeon, my name is Im Nayeon. Can we be friends?” the girl asked her, Jeongyeon just nodded her head. Her action makes the other girl smile, showing her bunny teeth.

Cute

Jeongyeon and Nayeon are now 18 years old. They went to the same school since elementary up until now, they’re graduating now from high school.

“Stop running Im Nayeon”

“Come on Jeongie, first day of school. I’m excited.”

Jeongyeon stop on her tracks, panting heavily. Nayeon looks back at her. Jeongyeon tell her to go first. But Nayeon shakes her head.

“I won’t leave you Jeongie.”

Jeongyeon’s heartbeat becomes wild. Is it because of the running? She told Nayeon to not run anymore and just walked. Nayeon just nodded, she grabs Jeongyeon’s hand and intertwines their fingers. At that moment, Jeongyeon knew the reason why her heart is acting weird earlier. Not because of exhaustion from running, but because of Im Nayeon.

The short haired girl is zoning out, wondering when did she felt this way towards her best friend. She feels excited and happy, but at the same time, she’s worried. Thinking all the consequences the moment Nayeon will knew about her feelings for her.

It’s their sports fest today. Jeongyeon hurriedly left their house to pick up Nayeon. The girl opened the door and she’s shocked to see an early Jeongyeon. Nayeon asked her why she is early. Jeongyeon just shrugged. But Nayeon is Nayeon, she will not stop until you answered her.

“Someone’s been inspiring me.”

She answered. Jeongyeon quickly tell her best friend to get ready, stopping her for asking more questions.

“Jeongyeon sunbaenim, can we take a picture with you?”

Mina, a gymnast suddenly talked to her. Jeongyeon just smiled before nodding her head. She placed the juice and sandwich at the table near her before posing.

“Thank you sunbaenim.” Sana, Mina’s friend said.

Jeongyeon hurriedly went to her best friend.

“Yoo Jeongyeon having a fangirls.” Jeongyeon looked at her best friend, Nayeon’s face is emotionless.

“No way. A nerd like me? Having fangirls?” She chuckled.

“But you are an attractive nerd Jeongyeon.”

Her reply made Jeongyeon’s eyes widen. Nayeon turns her head to look at her, she smiled at her.

“You are my nerd.”

Jealousy. Jeongyeon can’t hide her smile when Nayeon told her that she’s jealous. Mina and Jeongyeon have been hanging out lately. But Nayeon is still her priority. The bunny girl crossed her arms and pouted. Jeongyeon can’t help but to hug her best friend.

“You don’t need to get jealous bunny, you’re always my number one.”

 

Prom night is approaching. Jeongyeon is excited to ask Nayeon to be her ‘date’. She found her in the cafeteria, eating her favorite ice cream.

“OMG Jeongie, Momo asked me to be her date!”

Jeongyeon smiled turned into a fake one.

Hirai Momo, one of the school’s great dancer. Im Nayeon’s crush.

“Wow, congratulations.” Jeongyeon shifted on her seat.

Nayeon keeps on telling her how Momo approached her and how she asked her to be her date. But Jeongyeon is not listening. Her mind is occupied with something else.

“How about you Jeongie? Have you asked Mina already?”

Jeongyeon lifted her head up.

“N—not yet.” She said.

Nayeon just nodded her head finishing her ice cream before heading to their next class.

But you’re the one I’m going to ask to be my date bunny.

Unfortunately, Jeongyeon becomes sick and she cannot attend the prom. She touched her throbbing head. Her mom told her to rest. She’s about to get into dreamland when her room’s door opened. And there is Nayeon, wearing a red dress, her hair have a slight curl in the end.

“Im Nayeon, what are you doing here? You’re date is waiting for you.” Jeongyeon weakly said.

Nayeon approa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter