Chapter 3 - What do you Mean?

Teach Me what Love is

There was silence in the room, but Junkai was still smiling like an in-love anime girl.  "That's wonderful sweety."  Junkai's mother said, holding his hand.  He noticed her look over at his father.

"Son, may I have a word with you?"  The father asked.  Junkai nodded and stepped out of the room with his father.

"Are you sure you're in love?"  The father asked.

"Definitely.  She said that this feeling  in my heart is.  Though it seems like it's more of a simulation, but I feel this thing in my body, making me lean toward her heart."  Junkai expressed his feeling he had earlier.

The father didn't want to speak, but he knew he had to.  "Son, there comes a time in life, usually your age, that you don't know if you're actually in love, or it's just your hormones."  The father spake.

Junkai gave a confused look.  What would bodily functions have to do with love?  "Father, I don't know what you're talking about.  I just know that I have a connection with her."  Junkai said, giving a mean look.  He stood up.  "Tell mom 'bye' for me."  Junkai said before leaving his father. 

Another feeling came to him.  It wasn't a good feeling.  No, it was like a 'pang' in his heart.  What was the feeling?

He walked slowly home.  he watched the cars pass by as he walks on the sidewalk.  Tripped over his slow foot.  He fell on both knees and hands.  He felt his heart region.  It was getting hard to breathe.  He saw people looking at him as they were passing by.  He coughed, and passed out.  Right on the sidewalk.




Next thing that happened was a very lucid image. 

He was walking down a water path.  The water only went up an inch, maybe two.  He saw blue butterflies fly into a tree that seemed to be blue as well.  All of the things he sees seem to be a hue of blue.  The leaves are an icy blue, and the small fish in the very shallow water were a darker blue.  He walked further into a cave, that had blue crystals.  He picked on up, and saw himself in the crystal.  He had black hair with a hue of blue, his skin was normal, but his eyes were a glowing blue.

He looked around, and saw the clouds, blue too.  The moon was a full one, of course blue.  He saw a skinny girl running around the corner.  He ran after her, but heard her giggle behind him.  He turned around, and looked for the girl.  He saw her dress leave around the same corner he just turned.  It was an icy blue.  Her sandals were even lighter, and her hair was fixed well, but he couldn't see her face. 

He ran around the corner again, and saw beautiful bright flowers.  He picked one up, and saw the words: Smart, Bright Flower, 聪,明 花. 


Junkai woke up, he heard the beeping of a heart monitor.  He sat up, and noticed he was in a hospital bed.  He saw MingHua in the seat in the corner, sleeping.  She had the icy-blue dress on like she just came from the dress shop they were at earlier.

"Excuse me, Mr. Wang, she was on your top contact list, I wasn't for sure if you wanted her here."  He heard the nurse speak.  He nodded.  "The doctor will be in here in just a moment."  She continued before leaving.

Junkai looked ever at the sleeping beauty across the hospital room.

The door opened, the doctor walked in.

"I didn't think I'd ever see the day when a teenaged boy doesn't have a real heart beat."  The doctor whispered to the nurse, yet Junkai still heard it.

"Well, Junkai, you should be able to walk around.  You don't have any serious injuries, just scraped knees, and a few cuts on your hands that will heal quickly."  The doctor said before leaving.

MingHua woke up from the doctor closing the door.  She looked at Junkai and smiled.  "Are you okay?"  She asked, running to his side.

"I'm fine, Sorry for leaving you."  Junkai replied.

She shook her head, and hugged him.  The door opened once more, and it was Junkai's father.  "May you give my son and I some privacy?"  The father said with a smile.

Junkai nodded, and MingHua bowed and left the room.

"Father, what happened?  I was just walking home, and I felt drained..."

"Son, you need some rest.  Go back to sleep."  The father said before Junkai could finish. 

"But-"

"Get some rest."  The father said, touching the other's shoulder, which made Junkai his teeth in anger.  After a few seconds, he fell asleep.


The father went out, and looked at MingHua.  "Junkai decided to rest, it's best you go home.  And that looks very uncomfortable."  The father said with a smile.

She nodded and bowed.  She walked away...


Junkai was about to catch the girl, but she vanished right in front of him.  No words could describe what he just saw.  He saw a big light.  He walked toward it.  Walking further into it, he noticed he was in a fresh garden.  All of the colors were the right ones, and the atmosphere was refreshing.  He could smell the scent of a baked apple pie.  He walked to the scent, and noticed it was an old cabin of some sort.

He knocked on the door.  After not hearing anyone inside, he turned the knob, and walked in.  He traveled around the house, and saw what seemed to be an old lady sleeping.  He sat down next to her bed, and saw a note on the lamp's base. He opened it, and it said:  Please eat the pie.

He nodded and tucked her in a bit better.  He walked back down the stairs, and saw the apple pie resting on the kitchen table.  He took the fork that was next to it, and stuffed his mouth.  It tasted so wonderful!  He saw the lady walk down, and smile at him.

"You look so cute when your cheeks poke out like that~"  She said with a smile.

He swallowed the bite and bowed.  He tried to speak, but he couldn't.  "Oh, let me help you."  She said, taking a screwdriver from the drawer.

He felt his head being opened up.  He felt wires being connected.

"Oh silly me, I forgot to turn you off first!"  She said, screwing his head back together.

"Now you may speak."

"What do you mean?"  He asked.


He woke up from this weird dream.  He shook his head, getting the thought of being opened up like that out of his mind.  "I'm not a robot!  Why would I have such a dream?  Why would I even think about something like that?"  Junkai asked himself.  He looked at the heart-rate monitor, and saw that he wasn't even plugged in, and it gave a steady reading.

He stood up, and walked out of the room.  He saw his father approach him.

He ran away.....


He felt his pulse on his wrists and throat.  It was there.  The heart monitor was probably malfunctioned, and they knew he was fine, so they just played a recording!  That must be it.  Junkai fell onto his bed.  It was late into the evening.  He sighed, and took out his phone just to put it on his night stand.  His eyes fluttered closed...


"Junkai!  Junkai!  Check this out!"  A young child's voice sounded.  "I think that bird is looking at us!"  The child continued.

  The kids ran off, and jumped around. 
They were happily playing around the playground.
  One fell -
The other tripped.
  They got up well,
And looked at the rock their knees clipped.
  "Why did we fall?"  The youngest asked.
"Because we were fooling around."  Junkai said.
  "Go get help!"  The other tasked.
"No."  Junkai said.

  Junkai ran off into the jungle.
 The other stayed behind -
Trying to hide -
  Hide from what?
Hide from the jungle -
That was fake, a lie, a joke.
  All in their minds, like water in a desert.

  Junkai heard the rhymes, he heard the story.
He wanted to leave,
  But unfortuantly it's not the end of this story.
He wanted to leave,
  But there's more to the story.
He could leave,
  But he is the story.


Junkai's eyes dart open.  He was now scared.  He walked to the hospital, and opened his father's hospital room door.  He peeped in, seeing both of his parents sleeping.  He rubbed his eyes, and looked in the mirror across the way.  He saw his eyes had raccoon rings.  He stepped into the room, and sat by his father.

"Ba."  Junkai lightly shook his father to wake him up.

"Yes, Son?"  The father replied in a sleepish voice.

"I've been having nightmares recently.."  Junkai stated.

"Don't worry son, it must just be from the sudden shocks."  He replied.

Junkai looked down, and back to his father.  "I am in love, right?"  Junkai asked after a moment.

"No."

Junkai looked at his father.  "What do you mean?"