Chapter 2: The Joker

That Girl

 

“Korean”

“English”

“Japanese”

“Chinese”

“French”

“Italian”

”Dutch”

“Germany”

“Russian”

“Spanish”

“Latin”

“Romanian”

“Greek”


Time Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
07.30 - 08.20 Home Room Home Room Home Room Home Room Home Room
08.20 - 09.20 Classic Literature Classic Literature Math English Classic Literature
09.20 - 10.15 English Classic Literature Math English English
10.15 - 10.30 Recess Recess Recess Recess Recess
10.30 - 11.20 Biology Biology Home Economics Elective Course C Biology
11.20 - 11.50 MUN Biology Home Economics Elective Course C MUN
11.50 - 12.30 Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch
12.30 - 13.20 P.E Geography Elective Course B Math P.E
13.20 - 14.20 Geography Geography Elective Course B Math Geography
14.20 - 15.20 History Elective Course A MUN History History
15.20 - 16.20 Elective Course D Elective Course A MUN History Elective Course D

(I'm goint to start posting the schedule so I will remember)


 

-HASEGAWA NANAKO P.O.V- 

'What am I doing here again?' I've been asking that to myself for the past 1 hour and a 1/2 since I've got here and to be honest, I still don't know. In the class that only have 18 people, I've been grouped by a guy, Jo Myung Soo, who is clearly not here... clearly... A guy, Yoon Chan Young, who is smart... uh... Just smart... He's been explaining about the peers for a while, which is what we're going to cover for this project, taking pictures and creating articles of things we're going to debate about 2 weeks from now, Lee Yeon Hee,  a quiet girl, decent... and quiet, she's been listening to Yoon Chan Young in awe... or is it just plain confusion... I don't even know, and another guy, I think he was the one I over heard just now, the one who got suspended, Choi Do Young?? Choi Doo Yeon? Or was it Yeon Do? I'm pretty sure it was Yeon Do. Beautiful and hard working group I'm telling ya'll.

Honestly, this Yoon Chan Young guy is starting to annoy me with his constant blabbering about the topic, which is unfair treatment to the reporter to be classified the same as papparazzis and it's definitely ridiculous in my point of view as papparazzis are reporters too although it's different as they're more focus to the entertainment life, but they still report stuff whilst it's irrelevant for some people, it is important for the politics of South Korea as a distraction from all the politics feud and honestly I won't be surprised because of the constant cold shoulder and tense atmosphere from North Korea, we don't need the citizen to be aware, awake and panic through out their daily activities... God, if it does happen, it might even increase the health and mental problems South Korea already has and now I'm blabbering.

 "Papparazzis are mostly freelancers and they're taking the job of many reporters increasing the rate of unemployment is South Korea's reporter who are tied to the publishing companies -" -RING RING 'Talk about saved by the bell' We all agree to continue the conversation at a later time and proceed to give a greetings to the teacher before going out of the classroom for lunch.

I sighed as I collected my belongings and stand up from my seat before walking out of the classroom. Heading to my locker, I felt my phone vibrated. My hand reach out to my skirt's pocket and take out my phone to see it was Michiko, Suoh Michiko, the daughter of Ouran Academy's director and head of Suoh Group. I slide my thumb across the screen, unlocking it and open snapchat before clicking on Michiko's name. 

-CONVERSATION-

Michiko: Hey, how is it going over there? :))

I smiled a little at this 'I bet she's lonely that no one's there with her in chemistry class.' I giggled a little before typing up a response.

Nanako: Well if you say students who doesn't greets their teacher properly and student counsellor teacher who gossips about students and does not greet student properly instead of sitting down in great, then sure, everything is great ;)). HBU? How r u and the rest?

Michiko: Well idk 'bout the rest, i'm not at school. I'm currently in Kyoto :((

Nanako: ???

Michiko: For the Karuta competition also for visiting great grandma. Haruna will come later using the jet.

Nanako: Rlly? r u wearing the karuta clothes??

Michiko: Of course I'm wearing it... The competition is starting the 2nd quarter in almost an hour from now.

Nanako: Then what r u doin' now?

Michiko: I'm with uncle Kaoru, uncle Hikaru and grandma Yuzuha. There's a traditional bazaar for the competition so we're now wandering around the food stands 

Nanako: Neat. Is the kimono designed by any of them?

Michiko: Yeah, the 3 of them collaborated, even uncle Hikaru. I was surprised.

Nanako: Pictures please!

Michiko: Geez... Here. //1 file sent//

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not obsessed over Michiko, it's just we haven't met in 3 weeks since before I came here she was still in France visiting her grandma who lived in France with Chairman Suoh's father. My thumb pressed on the blue writing 'Download' and 'open' a familiar face pops up, 

 

Geez... She really looked like her mom, Suoh - Fujioka Haruhi, one of the top lawyer in Japan and head of the Fujioka Law Firm alongside her sister Ootori - Fujioka Haruka. I smiled a little as I remembered aunt Haruhi and aunt Haruka's advice about making new friends 'Yea, i'm not doing so good at that, sorry aunt Haruhi, aunt Haruka.' I chuckled to my self and decided to call her. Exiting the 'Snapchat' application and click on the Skype icon, a blue bubble icon with familiar white 'S' symbol in the middle. I ran my hand through my contact list before settling on Fujioka Michiko, i double tap her name before clicking on the video call option. As soon as the call connected, I saw a pair of familiar brown soft brown eyes and long brown hair. As soon as her she saw me a smile spread on her beautiful face

 

-VIDEO CALL-

"Nanako - chan!" Michiko waved towards the camera making me smile "Michiko, why are you stopping?" familiar voices choruses followed by thumping of footsteps 'Uncle Hikaru and Uncle Kaoru, ugh.' I mentally groaned as I know they'll ask so many questions about the school and ask for comparison 'But Ouran is far better than here anyway' I smirked as I continue to walk while holding my phone a few inches away above my head "Uncle Hikaru, Uncle Kaoru, guess who video call me?" I could hear Michiko's question from the other line "Who is it? Is it Milord?" Uncle Hikaru questioned as he tries to peek at Michiko's phone "No, uncle Hikaru! You have to guess!! Don't peek," Michiko squealed and hid the phone behind her back, now i'm facing her very much colorful kimono "What are you guys doing?" A rather feminine voice interrupted 'Right, she did mentioned that grandma Yuzuha is there.' I chuckled as I could clearly imagine what is going on back in Japan "Grandma Yuzuha, uncle Hikaru is bullying me," Michiko dashed to grandma Yuzuha, I could hear her geta clacking on every step she took "Hikaru, stop picking on Micchan! You're a grown man!" I could hear grandma Yuzuha scolded uncle Hikaru although I could hear the giggles in her tone "But it'll be boring by then," uncle Hikaru retorded "Who is calling? Is our Michiko receiving calls from boys?" uncle Kaoru teased and soon followed by grandma Yuzuha's squealing "Really? Who is he? Is he handsome? Cute? From which family? Let me see?" The phone were snatched away by grandma Yuzuha and soon I saw her, Yuzuha Hitachiin a woman in her late 50s with long wavy auburn hair.

"Oh! If it's not Nanako - chan!" Grandma Yuzuha squealed as I grinned and waved at the camera "Yuzuha obaa - chan," I said in the same level of excitement all while still balancing the phone couple of inches from my face and 'trying' to walk straight and not bumping anyone on the way "How's the school? Have you find any friends yet?" She asked with a beautiful smile on her face "Hum, I won't say it's the best school. I still prefer Ouran than this school," I pouted at grandma Yuzuha "Unfortunately I still haven't find any friend -" "Awh, Nanako, stop being an anti social person!" Uncle Hikaru and Kaoru choruses as they popped out from behind of Grandma Yuzuha. Matching mischievous grin that much similar like Cheshire cat blooming on their faces that brought a smile to my face despite the teasings they pulled "Awh, but if I make friends here I might not come back to Japan you know" I wickedly teased back and grandma Yuzuha pouted "No! Then I would have to drag you back to Japan! I will not lose a talented apprentice!" I laugh and nods "Fair enough, I'll make sure to go - Oh!" The clattering sound of my phone hitting the ground was the only thing I could hear and before I could realize it my self, I was on the ground followed by a groan from the person who landed in front of me. 

I blinked as I just came in to a realization that I bumped into someone and fell down. My gaze landed on the person before realizing that he also fell down. I quickly scramble up to my feet and approach the groaning man. "Oh my god. I'm sorry, are you okay?" I held his shoulder, pulling him up so he would sat down properly "Ugh, yes! Thank you for helping me up -- God!" His eyes snapped open as he quickly grab into the camera hanging on his neck and turning it around, checking for any damages and turn on the camera to check if there's any damage on the system. Once he's done checking he turned to look at me and gave me a huge exuberant smile and only one thing cross my mind 'Such a cheerful person, rarity found in most teenager and tresure they found in children' His cheeriness brought a smile to my face as I couldn't help but to treat him like a child "So, how's it? Working fine, your camera and you?" He glanced up and grins "Both the camera and I are okay?"

 

"Nanako - chan! Nanako - chan??" I could hear Grandma Yuzuha calling out from the other line 'Oh, it's still connected?' I tilted my head but reach out for the phone anyway "Grandma Yuzuha?" I held my phone away from my face as I caught the worry gaze of Grandma Yuzuha, Uncle Hikaru and Kaoru also Michiko "What happened?" Michiko asked concerned "I'm okay, I just accidentally bumped into someone." Grandma Yuzuha gasped "Did you fell? You grazed your arm!" I blinked as I glanced at my upper arm as thin scapes coated in thin blood lines "Ah, ya. I'll be fine, I'll just put on some ointment later." She sighed and nods "Make sure to put it, or it'll leave marks." I nods and heard Michiko gasp "Oh my, the 2nd quarter is starting in 15 minutes. I'm sorry Nanako, I'll make sure to contact you later." I nod and gave her an encouraging smile "Be confident, Michiko. You're great, you're going to win this for sure, so make sure you put on your most beautiful smile. Good luck" Michiko nods and grins with a wave before disconnecting the line.

"You're not from Korea?" The guy I bumped looked shocked as his eyes widens 'He looks like a deer like that' I giggled to my self before outstretching a hand at him, which he took and I pull him up "No, I'm from Japan. I'm the exchange student." He nods as he lets out an 'ah' still shocked at the revelation "My name is Jo Myung Soo by the way." He gave a smile and wink "My name is Hasegawa Nanako, nice to meet you, Jo Myung Soo." I said before coming into a realization. He's the guy who's supposed to be in my Multimedia and Journalism class "Wait. You're supposed to be in Multimedia and Journalism class!!" I exclaim giving him a shock before he shush me "Shush!! Don't be so loud!! If Jung - Seongsaengnim knows, he'll report it to my mom and I'll be dead by then!!" He stepped away from me and looked at me up and down "How did you know anyway?" I gave him an annoyed glance "We're supposed to be in one group along with Yoon Chan Young, Lee Yeon Hee and the other guy, I forgot his name." He furrows his eyebrows and nods in a listening manner "I won't tell Jung - Seongsaengnim, but make sure to come to the next class. We have a debate project in 2 weeks." He looks strucked "W - What?" I nods in confirmation "We're currently still brainstorming what topic to be proposed for the debate --" "Are you - Who are you eating lunch with?" He questioned, arms crossed and looked at me 'seriously' "Uh - I don't know -" "Great, you're eating with me. We're going to discuss about this now! You go grab Lee Yeon Hee and Yoon Chan Young and ask him to direct you guys to my studio. I'll meet you guys there. Bye" With that he speeds off the hallway as I blinked 'What?'.