You're My Best

Flirt

Being a rising celebrity, Byuli is used to seeing Yongsun's photos in magazines or her interviews on TV. She's grateful for the coverage, because it spreads Yongsun's name and image and provides her even more opportunities to continue working her dream career of singing.

Modelling somehow goes hand-in-hand with having a pretty face and sparkling personality, and as much as she appreciates the acknowledgement, sometimes the resulting commentary—good and bad—gets to her and sets off a bit of a possessive streak.

At the bar, if she overhears someone making remarks while Yongsun's on stage, Byuli has the authority to ask them to leave or throw them out. It's a power she's only abused a handful of times.

At home, she just throws popcorn at the TV or yells at the hosts.

Tonight is a yell-at-the-TV sort of night, as idol gossip segues to rising star, Kim Yongsun and plays a clip of her introduction I’m do-re-mi-fa-so-la, Solar!, Byuli turns up the volume and grabs a throw pillow, since Yongsun herself is showering.

Byuli would join her, or at least sit on the counter and keep her company--usually by singing random songs to make her laugh--but Yongsun's started locking the door since she nearly slipped and hit her head after Byuli surprised her.

Byuli throws another pillow at the door and calls, "You're on TV again!"

The door opens, and Yongsun steps out in a whirl of steam, towelling her hair. "What for?" She picks up the pillow with her foot and kicks it back over the sofa.

"The underwear shoot for The Celebrity." Byuli scoffs and slouches. "This isn't even news!"

"What isn't?" Yongsun returns to the bathroom. Byuli hears her hit the bottom of a bottle of conditioner that she likes. She leans against the door frame to watch a couple of popular media hosts talk about a spread she had done last month. It's her first underwear shoot, just a bra. She's wearing jeans with it, but some people find that more .

People like her girlfriend.

"Your s have always looked fantastic." Byuli flinches when Yongsun snaps her towel at her head. "It's true! And as much as I appreciate the world finally acknowledging that, they should have at least called an expert for their educated opinion."

"Who would have an educated opinion on my s?"

"Me, obviously." She shoots finger guns at her girlfriend. "Years of hands-on research."

Yongsun shrieks and hits her with her towel, laughing when Byuli grabs her waist and drops her onto the sofa. She clutches at the rolled lapels of her robe with her fist but grabs the back of Byuli's neck to pull her down for a fond kiss. "You're terrible," she mutters.

"Yet you love me."

"Your words, not mine." She laughs when her thigh is pinched and curls up like a pillbug. Byuli sits up, her bottom lip, and combs her fingers through Yongsun's hair. The world can have their glossy magazine features and gossip corners on TV. She sees the best of Yongsun every day.