Part 3

Wonderland | Twice

“Where even are we?” sana asked as she brushed off another leave as they pushed through the branches of the.. .orange and purple trees.

“We’re finding a wardrobe carriage, they’ll have something that you can wear.”

“Dressing like you guys?” Sana asked her, exasperated.

“Do you want to see the queen of not? Dahyun snapped. “Ah look, we’ve found one.” She said, as they arrived at a carriage imbedded into the moss, but painted brightly.

“And you can just take clothes from here?” Sana asked un certainly, taking a step up from the ground onto the carriage.

“Just find something you like and get changed in there and come out.”

Nodding, Sana pushed open the door to reveal rack after rack of odd looking clothes, and she spent a good ten minutes going through them, before finally she found something while Dahyun waited patiently outside.

“Ooh I like this.” Sana said, stepping out swishing around her new skirts. She had found a flowy blue dress with a white apron covering her chest and part of her skirts, patterned with hearts and clubs around the outside.

Dahyun looked up smiling, but when she saw the dress, the smile dropped and she had to take a step back in her shock. “That was in there?” she asked weakly.

“Yes, isn’t it pretty?” Sana asked happily.

“Yes…very.” Dahyun said, wiping another tear before Sana could see, and she faked another smile, and grabbed her wrist again, leading her to another path.

“When we arrive at the castle, I need you to wait for me once we go in, and explain that you’re not Alice.”

“Why do you need to do that? Did she not like this Alice girl?”

“No. She hated her.”

“Why?”

“You and Alice are the only visitors we’ve had in over 2 decades.”

“2 decades but you-”

“I’ll explain later. Anyway, Momo hated Alice. She said that it was for fraternising with the enemy. Because Sana was very close with Tzuyu, the White Queen. Apparently Momo suspected her to be a spy, when in reality Momo was just envious of how close she was with Tzuyu, she regrets something stupid she did a while ago, and seeing her so close with someone else broke her heart even more.”

“So the White Queen and Alice were very close then?”

“Yes.” Dahyun said, through gritted teeth. “Very close.”

“I see.” Sana said, looking suspiciously at Dahyun.

“Right okay, we’re here.” Dahyun announced as they arrived at a very tall gate, covered in red roses.

“Wait out here.” She said again, moving her hand in a particular manner so that the gates opened.

“How will I get in once you’ve talked?”

“Trust me.” Dahyun winked, before disappearing.

“Somebody’s new here.” Sana heard somebody said, she spun around, but did not see anyone, all she saw was what looked to be a floating smile mid-air.

“Huh?” Sana said in confusion. Suddenly the smile grew cheeks, then a face, then hair, then a body, then cat ears and a tail.

Before her stood a girl like Dahyun, but instead of rabbit ears at the top of her head, were cat ears. Her hair was done up into a thick side ponytail near her neck with a thin flowy purple dress that finished just after the top of her legs, her chest covered by a black cardigan. She was wearing leggings that finished at her knees, and from there downwards she appeared to be wearing ballet shoes.

“Who are you?” Sana asked the girl, looking up and down again.

“Myoui Mina, the Cheshire Cat.”

Sana studied Mina, and looked to her upper leg. Dahyun had had a red ribbon tied to it, as had the two girls they encountered earlier. All three had been red, and Sana assumed it symbolised which kingdom you were a part of, and if you were a white, it would be white. But this girl, had no ribbon.

“Noticed my lack of ribbon? I don’t have a ribbon because I have no Kingdom, I am a lone wolf. Well, A lone kitty.” Mina sighed, disappearing again, but in a second she had a purring black cat with purple paws on her shoulders. Sana was taken aback in shock, and then she felt herself materialise, and before she knew it, she was in a very red room, before Dahyun, and a girl whi looked slightly older than her perched on a ruby throne.

“My my, you really do look like her don’t you.”