CHAPTER 1

What goes around comes back around.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Tugging her gray-pleated skirt, Raena walked past the door and hopped onto her matte pale yellow Vespa, it was 7 a.m. in the morning. Her family recently moved to Busan from Seoul and it was her first day at school. Her mom had gotten her the vehicle as a present so that she could commute from her home to school easily.

 

Busan Academy stood proudly in a place which is a bit deserted from the busy city of Busan. The Academy itself was the pride of Busan, owning the top-notch campus and facilities in South Korea. 

 

She was excited for a new school meant a new life, a new beginning and a school which was completely different from the one back in Seoul. She rode through the streets of modern Busan, the GPS attached to her scooter bleeping left and right, telling her where she have to go.

 

She had to do some visiting to the administration office before she officially becomes a part of Busan Academy and that was why she left so early. It was a warm feeling for her, driving through the gates and seeing a few people wearing the same maroon colored blazers with a sky blue striped necktie hanging around their necks.

 


She got off and parked her Vespa amongst the many other vehicles, some bigger while some smaller than her own. Adjusting her name tag bearing ‘Kwon Raena’ in front of her left chest, she removed her helmet and let lose her hair with careful steps, not wanting to destroy her ebony hair with a matching maroon colored curls at the tip.

 


The school was huge, almost as huge as Gangnam High. Just almost, since Gangnam high was the Queen of high schools in South Korea.

 

There was a wide pathway, wide enough for cars to pass side by side, decorated with antique mosaic patterns. At the end of the long pathway stood a fountain and on the other side was a building with a nice crown of ‘Busan Academy’ adorning its roof. She walked around the fountain to climb a step or two set of stairs and reached a wide door.

 

On entering the door, she instantly saw another glass door a few feet away from her. On both side of the hallway, there were two doors on each of the two walls. One wall had an opening and the other with doors. The openings were marked ‘Security’ and ‘Reception’ while the two closed doors were marked ‘infirmary’ and ‘disciplinary office’. She quickly approached the reception and asked the lady for her routine.


‘I just transferred here and my name is Kwon Raena. I need my routines please’ she asked. 


She wasn’t the type of girl to go and speak to someone random but it was a new school: new beginning so she had to do everything she had never done before.


‘Oh! We were expecting you, there’s a glass stall with label ‘new student’ and you ask the person behind it for your belongings. I’m sure he’ll be glad to help you.’ The lady smiled at her warmly.

 

She walked inside the office and scanned the room. The Fee counter, scholarship counter, salary counter and finally the majestic ‘new student’ counter came to her view as she entered the said place.

 

The man behind spoke to her in a kind manner to which she was thankful for. He handed her three colored files and a palm size envelope.

The first one contained the school’s map, the different recreational center, the Principal’s office and the staff’s office.

The second file contained the staff’s and faculty member’s profile with necessary information and contacts.

The last one contained the school’s club activities, the annual events and most importantly her routine. The envelope had her Student’s ID card, her garage membership card, gym card, cafeteria card, locker keys, etc.


She looked at the man and asked what all the cards are for as she didn’t remember signing up for them especially for the gym membership.


‘Id card for attendance marking, garage card so that we can reserve a spot for you in our school garage. So the other cards are just like that. The cards reserve a space for you so that you can enjoy to the fullest here in Busan Academy.’ 


Oh, it is like that. They’re so different.


She left the office in a haste so that she can explore the campus before school starts.


*-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-*

 

It took her almost half an hour to visit all the places of her new school. She left her files inside her locker and sat in the office of her new homeroom teacher, Mr. Lee Dong Hae.

As soon as the said teacher arrived, they both proceeded towards their classroom. Raena waited outside the classroom and Mr. Lee told the class about her being the new student.


 With confident strides, she walked inside the class room and introduced herself.


‘My name is Raena Kwon. I went to Gangnam High for two years and I transferred here. Nice to meet all of you.’ She bowed and smiled to her classmates while looking around the room.

 

Her eyes got stuck towards the one group of boys in the corner; they were staring at her with a frown and a slight glare. One particular boy was looking at her with a faint smile but she ignored the very minute emotion she spotted in the one boy’s face.

‘Now class, introduce yourself to Raena.’ Mr. Lee said and they stood up one by one, smiling and saying their name aloud.

Truthfully, Raena isn’t interested in anyone of them except for the group of boys at the corner who had the courage to stare openly at her.

When it was their turn, she immediately focused her attention to them. 


‘My name’s Jung Hoseok’, the guy with pastel colored hair spoke.
 ‘Yoongi Min’, the boy with black hair told her without looking up.
 ‘Taehyung Kim’, the next student introduced himself, copying the guy who went before him earning himself a glare from the said guy.
‘Hi. Park Jimin here.’ The boy with pale rose hair spoke at her, looking straight into her eyes and donning the same smile he had the first time they made an eye contact.

‘Kwon Raena, you can sit at the second row.’ The teacher’s voice pulled her out of her thoughts as she walked towards the said seat.


Her seatmate gave her a welcoming smile, and attempted small talks with her to make her more comfortable. Instantly, she forgot about the guy with rose colored hair.

As soon as the clock strike noon, students rushed to get out of the class and went towards the cafeteria.

She, too, went towards the vast cafeteria.
Her new friend, Bom,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter