Two

The Cold Matchmaker

I was willing to treat a professor to lunch a whole year if the professor managed to not make me sleepy in lectures. 

At least, I would miss like 5 minutes of lecture because I dozed off. That's my minimum record. Maximum? Just don't ask.

Taking multimedia course was already a great decision. I was wondering how long would I have to push my eyes if I ever take Law or Medics.

Waiting for my friends to finish their classes, I sipped on my banana milk in the uni's cafeteria. Trying to keep a lookout for my twin. Even though Taehyung looks like he's from outta space, but he's got the brain. For somebody like him to take Law, well, props for him. 

What's take Sohyun so long? Oh well, probably she was too engrossed in her culinary class. Lucky her, she just loves everything about food. And about making em too. I just loved to eat. Sigh.

Logging into Instagram, I scrolled and see the daily human updates. Suzy and Minho went for a getaway together. And wow, is that an engagement ring? Seems like Minho made the next step.

More scrolling, oh it's Jongin with her girl, Soojung or infamously called as Krystal. No wonder Krystal haven't contacted me for the longest time. She's busy with her boyfriend. Huh, figures.

Oh, location - our campus. Wendy and Jin was having a 'study date' at the uni's study garden. Tch, smarty-pants couple. 

All the couples just have one similarities. 

They were match made my me, the legendary matchmaker Kim Taerin. 

Like when I purposely brought Suzy to the high school reunion and introduced her to Minho. And the cupid played the role afterwards. 

Same goes with Wendy. Wendy was Seulgi's faraway friend from Canada. And Jin was one of Taehyung's buddy so yeah. 

And not just them, like there's a lot more couple were made thanks to me. Sheesh, I should claim a significant recognition certificate.

"Taerin ah! Have you waited long?" Sohyun panted and took the seat opposite me. Sohyun and Taehyung was still an exception, I haven't found the suitable for them yet. And they don't even bother finding one themselves. 

"Yeah. Don't you see my beard here. It grew while waiting for you," I pointed at my invisible beard. 

"Awwhh. Sorry Taerin ah. The professor had me stuck up to something," she pouted. I hated aegyo or pouts but something about her eyes are hard to resist.

"Arrrggh! Whatever, just stop pouting," she smiled joyously. "By any chance, have you seen Taehyung?" 

This twin of mine is like a spy undercover. Undetectable. 

"I've seen him at the library. You know, as usual being the smartass he is," Sohyun informed. 

"Oh right. He told me he got a test at the end of the month. We should have a night out, what do you think?" I suggested because it's been very long since we've last gathered together. Everyone was busy with university or other commitments. To include boyfriends. 

"So agree. I'm in. And you should ask Taehyung too. That guy is way too boring. Not that I'd say he's so very boring, but he needs to destress sometimes. You persuade him," Sohyun stole my banana milk and finished all of it.

"YAH! MY BANANA MILK!! Yeah, I would ask him. You tell the others, who would like to join," 

"Of course! The more the merrier! Where're you planning to go?" We slowly walked our way to the dorm.

"How bout the usual chicken place and probably some drinks. As long as we meet each other, anywhere would be fine, I think," 

"Okay. I'll ring the group chat," 

-Group chat-

SHyunnie <3 : Guys! Free Saturday night?

ChimChim : heol, what's up?

Kai : yeah, what's up?

Irene : free! 

Bunny (nayeonnie) : think I could make it

Me : gathering at usual chicken place and some drinks? Call? 

TaeTae : CALL!

Me : YAH PUNK! WHERE ARE YOU NOW? 

TaeTae : Somewhere in the campus. 

TaeTae : none of ur business

TaeTae : if you still wanna know, I'm in a cubicle in the boys dorm

Me : disgusting freak -,-

RM : yah, no sibling fights here please. And hell yeah I'm comin'!

ChimChim : count me in!

Kai : me and Krystal in

Irene : consider me and joy!

Hyorin unnie : I may be out of uni but can I join u guys? I don't know when's the next time I'll get to meet you guys

Kookie : of course noona! Don't forget to bring Taeyang hyung along!

Hyorin unnie : kekeke alrights

Sana : can I bring friends?

Me : sure! The more the merrier

TaeTae : I was gonna bring a friend too.

Lalisa : can I join? 

SHyunnie <3 : of course! Bring BamBam along

Lalisa : *wink emoji*

Me : so I guess a lot of people is joining I need to set the place. See you all Saturday night!

With that I closed the chat. Trust me, after like 5 minutes, there would be like hundreds new messages in the group.

I dialed the ahjumma that ran the fried chicken restaurant that we often hang out. She was one of kindest human being I ever came across. She even recognizes my friends because I had became the unofficial ambassador for her restaurant. 

"Hello ahjumma! How have you been?" I greeted her.

"Ahh. Taerin ah! I'm doing old and fine. How are you, young lady? You rarely come to my place nowadays," she replied warmly.
That's what I like about her.

"Eheh. I missed you and your super delicious chicken too. I've been busy with assignments and all that," 

"Oh, so why did you call me sweetie? You wanna order some chicken?" She asked.

"Mm, that sounds good. But I wanna ask for another favor. My clan, I mean my friends are having a gathering this Saturday night. So, do you think you could reserve your restaurant for one night? It's gonna be lots of people, approximately 40," I requested.

"That's a lot of friends you got there. Well, no problem Taerin ah. I'd be happy to let you and your friends gather here. Thanks for informing me earlier. So, see you Saturday night!" With that she ended the call.

Ah, it's gonna be fun. 

A/N : Sooooo, how was it? 
So some clarifications

1- all the characters above are just approximately the same age, so just ignore about the drinking issues or anything related to age (except for the ones I stated clearly eg. Hyorin)

2 - I'm a multifandom and the pairings are based on my opinion

3 - English is not my first language so yeah. Think for yourself

4 - Comment! I would like to know your thoughts on this 

Xx