One

The Cold Matchmaker

"Kids your age are already having fun with dates and all. Meanwhile you're just being alone. Get a guy Taerin ah!!" 
I just had to keep the phone away form my ear before my eardrum bleeds. My mom nags like a 17 year old when she's already nearing the 5 series zone.

"Why don't you tell Taehyung that? He's way nerdy than me and probably no thoughts about dating. Why nag me?!" I defended myself and brought up my twin.

"Aish! This kid. Taehyung is man. He could manage someday. Are you still holding to that jerk - what his name? Choi Minho?"

I froze upon hearing his name. That jerk, who used to be the person I loved dearly. I never thought my mom remembered that guy. She used to dislike him.

"Just don't bring up the past mom. I've moved on. I'm just currently busy with mounting assignments and annoying professors. Plus, I'm trying to get an internship program at a famous company. So, dating is not my top priority now. You yourself told me to study well, didn't you?"

"Yeah sure I did. Just I'm getting old and all. Probably my last wish is to be able to hold my grandchildren. While you're growing up, don't forget I'm growing old,"

There she goes all sentimental. Again.  I really hated when she used her emotions against me, but mom is still mom.

"Yes mom. I'll try my best. Send my regards to aunty. Me and Taehyung will try to visit you sometime. But I'm not promising anything,"

"I understand. Study smart dear. And tell your brother I missed him. Tell him to give me a call, he can't be so busy to not ring me once in awhile,"

Hearing my mom softened a bit, my heart warmed. This side of omma never fails to make me happy.

"I will mom. I'm hanging up now. I love you so much,"

"Me too. Much more than you," 
*beep*

The line disconnected. I looked around trying to locate Taehyung's whereabout. He told me he would come to the university's studying park.

"Bahhhh!!! Got you!" Taehyung made an attempt to scare me. But it failed, poor brother.

"I am so scared. By the way, mom just called. She missed you and give her a call bro. It's not manly of you to not call your mom," I said to the man who I still thought of as a boy in front of me.

Taehyung saw my bun that I bought at the cafeteria earlier. "She did? Ah, I missed her too. You should remind me, you know. I'm so forgetful these days. By the way, it's very rare to see you sitting alone. Where are your friends?" With his mouth full, he asked.

I was wondering myself if he would ever get a girlfriend in this state.

"Boyfriends to attend. Not interested," I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you so bitter about it? Wait. Lemme guess. It must be mom nagging about you get a boyfriend right?," he wiggled his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes continuously while revising my notes.

"Aha! I'm right! Why are you complaining now? You were their cupid,"

After attacking my bun, now he's aiming for my water bottle.

Beating him, I grabbed the bottle faster than him.

"Cupids are and small and short. I'd prefer if you call me a matchmaker,"

"Pssh. Matchmaker. You are in no position to be a matchmaker. Look at yourself," he teased.

"Correction. A pretty matchmaker,"

"I'm not going to throw up because the bun was yummy. Just stop sprouting nonsense Taerin ah!!!"