Cold Night

Cold Night

When Seyoung woke up, it was middle of the night. The glimpse of moonlight was shyly peeking through the window. It was silent, too silent.
Seyoung felt as if something was off, but his sleepy mind had hard time comprehending it's surroundings at first. He wasn't sure what woke him up, until he realized he was feeling really cold.

Seyoung looked at Yongseok cuddled in his arms. He couldn't see his face properly, but he felt the comfortable warmth that was coming from the other's body, and that made Seyoung even more aware how the surrounding air felt… not warm at all.

Him and Yongseok had an argument, the evening before. It was about something stupid, Seyoung couldn't even recall what it was about. He wasn't even sure who started it, and who was at fault.
Yongseok's presence in his arms was kind of bewildering, actually, he thought that they were supposed to be mad at each other. Seyoung wondered if he should be angry, but he couldn't remember anything to be mad about. He didn't even remember falling asleep that night.

As he listened to Yongseok's calm breaths, he concluded that he should check up where was the cold coming from. Someone probably forgot to close one of the windows, and because the season was still cold, it could get freezing at night.

He moved slowly, carefully, and as the blanket slipped away from him, his body started trembling in the cool air, making him question his decision to get up.

This movements made his partner wake up a little. Or maybe it was because of that dammed cold. Seyoung tried to move even more carefully, hoping not to interrupt younger's sleep. He managed to sit up successfully before Yongseok's drowsy and bit confused voice calling out his name made him stop in his tracks.

Shhhh… Sleep,” he tried to hush the younger boy.
But Yongseok's hand reached to him, catching him by a sleeve.

Stay please...” whispered in barely audible voice. He probably thought Seyoung is mad at him and is going to sleep to the other bed. And Seyoung suddenly felt really guilty. Maybe their whole previous argument was his fault after all.

Hush, I'm gonna be right back.” He lightly held Yongseok's hand in his for a second, gently making him to let go of his arm.
Yongseok, being mostly still asleep, succumbed quickly and curled himself deeper into the blanket.

“It's cold,” he whined. Seyoung had to chuckle, he was adorable like this.

I know.” He simply walked to the other bed and grabbed duvet from it, then went back and threw it over the youngest.
Keep some space for me, I'm going to check out the windows.”

Silently mumbled reaction showed him that Yongseok was already falling asleep again.

As Seyoung left the room, his body trembling in cold air, he immediately started to deeply regret the decision to leave his warm and cozy bed.
He wondered why nobody else was bothered by that freezing air but then he realized he wasn't even sure which ones of his band mates were home. They all went out to have fun that evening, individually. Maybe they were already back, maybe not. Seyoung wasn't even sure what time it was right now. The flat was silent, but when he listened hard enough, he could hear Sangmin's snores.

Finding the source of the cold wasn't that hard, their kitchen window was slightly open. It was fascinating how this small opening could bring so much cool air inside.
Seyoung stared outside the window for a second before closing it, his body shuddering.

When he turned around to leave, he caught a glimpse of piece of glass in the trash can. It was his favourite drinking glass.
He wasn't sure if it was him or Yongseok who broke it in the heat of the argument they had before, he just knew it wasn't on purpose. That innocent poor thing got in the way of one of theirs wildly gesturing hands.

He wasn't sure what exactly happened after. The sharp noise of shattering glass snapped them both out of their small angry world. He blamed Yongseok for breaking it, even when he knew it wasn't his mistake, and proceeded to close himself in their shared room, leaving the youngest to clean the mess they both caused alone.
Seyoung probably, surprisingly, fell asleep right after, because he didn't even remember Yongseok coming back to their room.

Wait, was he seeing things or was that piece of glass stained with blood? Did Yongseok hurt himself while cleaning it?
The shiver Seyoung felt suddenly wasn't caused by cold air only but by feeling of guilt.

He quickly decided to return to his room, his body trembling in icy air.

As he more or less expected, Yongseok, together with both blankets, took the whole space on his bed. There was only small chance to reclaim his spot in in it without waking up the younger, which was something Seyoung didn't want to do. Yongseokkie was always the most at ease when he slept. During the day he was always kind of tense, the weight of life creeping at his shoulders. But not at night, not in the darkness, not when he slept peacefully, hiding in his dream world. Seyoung really didn't want to break the peace his boyfriend seemed to be in right now.

Another shiver caused by the cold air ran through his body and made him quickly forget his previous thought and swiftly move towards the bed, squeezing himself into the small space between the wall and his partner, seeking for the warmth.
The moment his head touched his pillow, to his surprise, Yongseok moved to cover him with the blanket, cuddling closer and tangling their limbs together.

So he wasn't sleeping after all.

You are freezing,” Yongseok's comment almost sounded as if he was offended by it.
Well. Yeah. Someone forgot to close the kitchen window."
There was second of hesitation. “I think that might have been me, actually.”

Seyoung's hand went to gently sweep away hair from younger's face, softly caressing his cheek.
Hm… I guess it's okay now, when I have you as my personal heater.”
He heard his partner chuckle in response.

There was silence after, and Seyoung found himself closing his eyes, enjoying the warmth that was enveloping him, starting to feel sleepy again.

Seyoung?”
Hm?”
Are you still mad at me?”

Seyoung opened his eyes to observe the younger. He couldn't see much in the dark, but he could heard uneasiness in his voice. It made his heart ache, he swore to himself before to never make his beloved partner worry.

I don't think I was even mad at you in the first place,” he said softly, deliberately.
There was silence for a while before Yongseok replied, relief obvious in his voice.
You surely looked mad.”

Seyoung reached for his partner's hand, holding it in his gently. When he ran his thumb over Yongseok's palm, he could feel small band aid on there. So Yongseok really did hurt himself while cleaning up that broken glass. Seyoung felt guilt piercing through him again. He gently kissed his palm.
I'm sorry Yongseokkie, I never meant to hurt you.”

He was met with silence again, so he turned Yongseok's hand in his, to kiss the back of it. There was something unintentionally sensual in it and he felt him shiver.
I...” Yongseok took sharp breath, “I thought I'm the one supposed to be apologizing.”

Seyoung entangled their fingers together.
No need, as long as we are not angry at each other anymore.”
Well, I'm definitely not mad, just tired, arguing with you is exhausting.” There was mirth in the youngest's voice, and Seyoung couldn't help it but chuckle with fondness.
So are we good now?”

Yongseok thought about it for a few seconds.
Just one more thing.”
He leaned closer kissing Seyoung tenderly, yet affectionately.
Now we are good,” resting his head on his partner's shoulder and closing his eyes, he was ready to fall asleep again.