The Girl with the Flaxen Hair

[U-LOL] University-Locus of Libertine (Kpop Text RP Clan) PH

1. Read the story in an ascending paragraph sequence(the number of the graphical paragraphs are put inside parentheses.).
2. After reading the paragraphs into usual order, read it again starting from the 23rd down to the 1st paragraph.
3. Enjoy reading. 🙂

- Paragon Team Leader


 

(1)To the One who’s reading this, I think we’ve met before. Nice to meet you.

(2) The End.

(3) I’ve been always interested to know how the end will come—may it be of the world or of something’s existence. Not knowing how things will last, not knowing how things will result into another becomes a horror to me. I can’t breathe. The vision for something in the future directs me, but just like a sentence that has a period on it, I know life leads to an end as well. Thinking about all these things, I wished I haven’t been that curious. I wish, I haven’t been busy wondering of all these how’s in my head. The spinning of thoughts in my head led me to this:

(4) Death happens as it wants to happen.

(5) I was just reading a piece—a text written in a small notebook that I strangely found in an isolated part of the school where that old music room lies. I think, someone left it especially for someone else as per hinted by the note stuck on top of it. It actually caught my attention, making me jump into the decision to spend my time and read it alone in that poorly lit cube. After some time, the next pages became blank in succession, leaving me questioning on what could have happened after that incident in that music room, only to realize that I should’ve not, because I already know it.

(6) Strangely, at this point, I felt as if I’m hearing that musical piece on my head. I’m pretty sure it’s the same piece that I heard when the sound invited me to come here. I found my senses slowly deteriorating, as if my soul is leaving my body.

(7) The series of ideas while about that ‘unfinished’ fiction and that strange feeling were just interrupted when I found myself looking into the eyes of that girl whose orbs are clearly directed towards me. I realized that the glow that I initially saw on her seemingly finger-combed hair isn’t just the only noticeable on her physique. The glow on the doors of her world is capturing me.

(8) “You owe me something.” She looked at me intently. Her eyes are like that warm summer where you could feel the heat, the heat that feels good, like it silently talks with mine. I can’t explain it, but again, it felt strange. Was she glaring? Or hypnotizing me?

(9) “What do you mean?” I asked, puzzled. Just what’s with that sudden statement? It occurred from nowhere, out of the range.

(10) “You entered this restricted place. This is my space. Have you seen the notice outside?”

(11) “I think, yes.”

(12) “Should I take that positively?” Sarcastic as it may sound like, the teenage girl looks curious of the answer, while I, on the other hand, was looking at her nametag.

(13) “You have the same name as her. I mean the school’s former best pianist. I heard about her before I moved here.”

(14) “I see. I’m Hyemi.” We had a short handshake. Her cold hand burned mine.

(15) “By the way, I’m Seungjo.”

(16) “Nice meeting you. I think we’ve met before.” Wait. Her words sounded like déjà vu from the note that I’ve read earlier. My heart skipped beats again at the chilly thought. This girl just appeared without me knowing how she ended up being here. I should have known if she entered the room because the door will surely create a creaking sound once it’s opened, but I didn’t hear anything like that. Still, I chose to keep my composure. Maybe, it’s just a coincidence. Creepy things won’t help me know this mysterious girl. We barely know each other by just names.

(17) “I think so too,” I shortly replied.

(18) I didn’t pay too much attention; to me, her figure seemed to have vanished in a snap because of that. I’m alone again. I took a few steps and settled to the grand piano where I found that fiction with a note saying: “To the One who’s reading this, I think we’ve met before. Nice to meet you”. I don’t know whether it’s mystery, horror, or suspense. Too bad it was unfinished; after half of the leaves, the next ones are empty. But what I’m sure of is that, I got hooked to the plot to the point that even the musical piece that the protagonist played got stucked in my mind. Coincidentally, it was the same piece that I was hearing on the way here.

(19) Moonlight Sonata. Eyes closed, it continually plays on my mind just as the fact that it can be found in some parts of the fiction. Or was it really fiction? ‘Cause I’m sure that I’m actually listening to it live, right now. As the leading pianist of the school today, I got the urge to use the piano because of this solitary thought, and due to it, I opened my eyes, only to find someone else’s pair of hands already doing it instead of mine’s.Walking, still inside the place, my shoes literally made a monotonous pattern from being in contact with the floor. For me, the visit here somehow provided a release of the past. Mimi, a friend, was supposed to be here but she’s not. When I met her before, I felt that for the first time, someone saw my potential as a pianist, over my former number 1 opponent.

(20) The solitude as I arrived inside eventually made me thought that maybe, some doors are meant to be a way to move away from others or to open up to others. In my case, maybe it’s a way to forget about Mimi. She was supposed to be here as I expected, but she’s not. Maybe, it’s time to let go of some memories.

(21) The place was so silent that even a simple hissing of the wind from outside might make a noise. It was a good thing that I decided to close the door; the air conditioner here still functions.

(22) The recognition of Beethoven’s Opus 27 No. 1 led me to this restricted place. The music’s suddenly gone just when I reached the front of the music room. I just opened the door without thinking about the notice posted on it. I just got curious and entered.

(23)It all started here.