Take a Chance

Cherry Blossom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life and love are the same.

They have their ups and downs. They have their happy moments and sad ones. Sometimes it can be painful too. Love hurts when falling in love. Living can hurt when some things don't go right and it's hard to move on and accept what is.

There is no rule book to falling in love and living.

Waking up every day is the way to live and learn from what is given.

No rules.

Live, Love and Learn.

That's life.

- - -

It's been three months since the break up and every day felt like a repeat. Nothing was helping Jimin as he was staring at the cieling of his apartment watching the fan move in slow motions. Every day he had a routine.

Go to work.

Socialize with his friends.

Work on files.

Eat lunch.

Work on files.

Last but not least, spend time with his lovely girlfriend Kim Jiyeon.

When they had started dating, it was nothing but sweet and innocent love. Hand holding, going out on romantic dates, and it just felt prefect.

Jimin was getting ready to ask her to move in but he didn't know better that his relationship was going to fall apart and nothing could change that.

It happened months while Jiyeon was in Japan traveling around for opening shows for his friends in the trio group Rising 3. Her stage name was Kei and she was loved by a lot of fan boys.

They all loved her cute smile.

Her lovely voice and her innocent personality.

But who would have thought that it was all an act. Nothing was real. It was fake.

Jimin took notice in how distant she was being and he let it slide a few times hoping it was just her being tired of traveling and maybe she needed rest. But a few days turned into weeks and then months.

That's when he got a text saying she was going back to Japan and staying there. She signed with a label called NewSound and would becoming just as famous as other female artists. She did more promotions in Japan than in her native country.

Where did that leave Jimin?

He was surprised at her choice and thought why didn't she ask him to go with her. But from what he saw online by gossip and around work. Jiyeon was only seeing someone who was able to make connections to be famous to get her started.

That's when Jimin learned the truth about Jiyeon.

He locked himself in his apartment and drank away his sorrows for a few days before his friends Taehyung and Jungkook came over. They helped their friend into the cold shower to break away from his daze and clean him up.

The world was still moving and it stops for no one.

Jimin sat in the tub as the water was hitting his body making him shiver by the hits of the cold water. The water felt like thin pins hitting his body as it was only making his heart race due to the cold temperature. The coldness was getting worse as he felt going numb.

That's what he wanted to feel.

Numb.

He got lied to and manipulated by the one person he was giving his heart and in the end she got what she wanted. He knew nothing was going to be the same and the pain was going to stay there. Imprinted inside his heart as she was his first love and she didn't seem to care.

She was only looking out for herself.

Jimin turned off the water and tired to look at himself in the reflection of the water. The water rippled a few moments before it would be still. He saw himself looking back and felt anger, confusion and pain that wasn't going to go away soon.

He raised his arm in the air hitting the water as it splashed out falling to the floor. He did it again and again and again. The level of the water from the tub lowered itself since most of it was on the floor.

Nothing was going to be the same.

Jimin knew what he had to do.

It was going to be hard but he got closure.

- - -

Hoseok and Jungkook were the ones to volunteer to go with Jimin to Japan to find Jiyeon. At first no one wanted to tag along because they were worried he would cause a scene but that wasn't what he wanted.

Jiyeon never made it clear to Jimin if they were broken up or not. She just left. She never contacted him and never explained herself. This is what Jimin wanted to know.

Three months of no communication but he saw that she was doing well and starting her own person in Japan. Despite all his emotions running wild inside his body. He wanted to congratulate her for working hard and getting what she wanted.

She got her true happiness.

Looking for Jiyeon didn't take long since Jimin and Jungkook had a few friends in the label. They were close and were able to get connections to get in.

Backstage, Jiyeon was in her dressing room thanking a few fans for coming as she took pictures smiling. When she averted her eyes to Jimin, she was still smiling only waiting for the fans to leave.

Jungkook shut the door as he stood outside with Hoseok. Jimin wasn't the only one who had a fall out with his girlfriend. Hoseok and Naeun drifted apart in a mutual feeling and stayed as friends. Hoseok, later met a cute girl at a sauna he went to a few months back and despite the age difference, they were compatible and loving towards each other.

At first he thought she was related to Naeun since they had the same surname but not everyone is related with the same surname, they are just common around South Korea.

The smile never faded on her face. It was plastered as if it was glued. "Well this is a surprise. What brings you here?"

Jimin didn't smile. He wasn't going to be bothered by her fake personality. He had months to accept everything and take this time to learn from it. He lost her trust and it makes him second guess himself.

"You're so serious Park Jimin, why don't you sit and relax?" she said reaching for his hand.

Jimin took a step back looking away and staring at all her clothes that was hanging and her mirror stand where all the flowers were there blocking the view. "I'm not staying long. I just came to ask a question and I'll leave."

Jiyeon put her hand down and put her hands on her hips still smiling. "Ask away."

It hurt.

Her smile she was giving him. It hurt.

It reminded him of all the time she smiled at him when they shared a kiss, when they went out on a date, when he tickled her. So many memories where coming back and the pain in his heart was breaking all over again.

Yet at the same time. He was feeling betrayed and anger by it all. There was no point in still feeling that way. He was going to try and be better and move on. There was point in holding onto someone who didn't want to be held on to.

"What's our relationship status?" he asked looking straight at her not changing his facade.

"Isn't it obvious?" she said letting out a laugh. "We have nothing together. I got what I wanted and you can stop following me around like a love struck puppy. It's actually getting sad."

Was he affected by those words?

Yes.

Did he care?

Yes.

Did it hurt?

Yes.

But it didn't matter.

He came for what he wanted. He didn't need to stay any longer. He gave her a nod looking down giving her a smile that pained him. "Enjoy your life Kim Jiyeon. I'm glad you got everything you wanted."

With that, he turned around shutting the door behind him.

On the way back home, Jungkook and Hoseok tried talking to him but all Jimin did was look out the window staring at the dark sky that made him feel at ease.

Dark clouds filled the night sky not being able to see the ocean from below. Oddly, it made him at ease because it was exactly what he was feeling inside. Each color represents something and right now, Jimin was feeling nothing but dark and sad.

Within time, he will heal.

- - -

Jimin gasped as he came out from under water from the tub. He had closed his eyes and started counting to see how long he could hold his breath. He didn't think he would remember something a few months ago. He opened his eyes and stared at the moving water.

Droplets were going down his bright orange hair.

That was going to be the first thing to do. Change his hair color to something different. He pushed himself up from the tub and grabbed a towel nearby to dry himself off. He almost slipped from the water that he caused but managed to catch himself.

He used his hand to remove the fog from the mirror and stared back at his reflection. The dark circles, the red blood shot eyes with a tired face. He smirked looking like a crazy person. "It's time for a change and to be better."

- - -

One Year Later

"Come on just one date?" Hoseok said pleaded as he got to his knees giving Jimin a puppy pout.

Jimin sighed looking at the files on his computer shaking his head. He had been working so much he never took a break off and even when Namjoon and Hayoung would tell him to take days off he never did.

He was a workaholic.

For the past months that's all he did.

Go to work.

Have lunch for an hour.

Go back to work.

Go home and sleep.

The same routine, including his meals with friends and work. He would take a few walks when he felt stressed but that was about it. He needed to clear his mind from how he was a while back and need to be ready for himself if he wanted to back into dating.

But truthfully, he didn't feel ready.

He wanted to stay single for a while longer and just be alone.

Jungkook, Taehyung, Jin and a few others were becoming worried for their friend. But no one had the answer. Yoongi tried to set him up with a friend but Jimin said no. In the end of that part, Yoongi ended up dating the girl he was trying to set Jimin with.

It's amazing how one fake girl with smiles and lies can turn a sweet and caring boy into a "I'm not ready to date."

In reality, no one is ever ready for dating, but sometimes one just needs a push to face it.

"Please! Please! Come on Jimin, I think you will like her!" Hoseok pleaded again like a cute puppy. "She is good friends with Chaeyoung and I've met her. She is nice, shy, cute and sweet."

"Then set her up with someone else." Jimin replied back sighing as he leaned forward on his desk. "I don't have time for dating."

"That's crap!" Jungkook came by leaning against his cube. "You work too damn much and you're using it as an excuse. It's time for you to get back into the game and find someone. What's the harm?"

"I just don't -- " Jimin stopped talking as he looked away from his screen and stared at the key board. He wasn't sure if he was ready. He just didn't want a repeat from a year ago.

"She won't disappoint you if that's what you're thinking." a female came into view.

All three boys turned their heads and Hoseok smiled brightly. "Hey Cupcake!"

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes with a smile. "Stop calling me that!"

"Awwwh you're so cute when you get mad." Hoseok stood up and pecked her lips. "Did security give you a hard time?"

She shook her head. "Thanks for the pass, I was worried for a moment."

"Don't be, Yein had that problem too once but she showed the pass and she came into the building." Jungkook smiled showing his dimples.

"Yeah but that time you yelled at her and broke up with her." Jimin snorted going back to his computer going through another file. "How is she by the way?"

"Good, she is at the campus right now with Mijoo and Myungeun."

"Can we get back on topic with Jimin and his date?" Hoseok said putting his arm around his girl. "Just come with us for the Cherry Blossom festival and meet her. If you don't like her, I'll help you leave."

Jimin sighed closing his eyes before opening them again. "Will you drop this topic and let me get back to work if I say "yes"?"

"Yes!" Hoseok smiled jumping on his feet like a cute happy puppy.

"Fine. Now go away."

Everyone chuckled walking away from Jimin. They went to one of the empty practice rooms and shut the door behind them.

Jungkook raised his hand to Hoseok and they high five each other.

"Will this work?" Jungkook asked looking at Chaeyoung.

She nodded with a smile. "Nayeon is cute and hard to say no too. She is a perfect match for Jimin."

"I only worry that he isn't over what happened?" Hoseok said looking at Jungkook.

"It's been a year. He needs to move on and be happy too. Look at you and Yoongi. Things didn't work out before and now you're happy again. It's what counts. We just want that for him." Jungkook patted his friend shoulder. He averted his eyes to Chaeyoung. "Thanks for helping us."

"My pleasure, and I'm sure everything will be ok once they meet." she smiled wrapping her arms around Hoseok. "Can we get ice cream?"

He pecked her nose making he shut her eyes with a giggle. "Sure thing Cupcake."

Jungkook rolled his eyes walking out of the practice room going back to work.

- - -

Jimin knocked on the door before hearing a sweet voice on the other side say 'come in'. He let himself in pushing the door open and handed a vanilla folder to Hayoung who was looking at her screen. She looked away for a moment and smiled. "Hey, thanks for the file."

He gave her a sure smile and turned to walk out.

"Wait Jimin." she called out to him.

He turned around and face her. "Did you need something else?"

She smiled getting up from her chair and leaned on the front of her desk crossing her arms. "I just wanted to know how you're doing?"

"Fine. Just working." he said stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Anything else?"

Hayoung let out a sigh smiling at him. "You're not the same Jimin from before. You were always so playful and smiling around us and since what happened with Jiyeon it really affected you. I know you've told Jungkook and the others your ok but I'm not sure you are. I see this as an act and your --"

"If you don't need me anymore that's work related, I'll be leaving now." he said looking at her waiting.

She closed and gave him a smile. "You may go."

He gave her a nod and walked out closing the door.

Jimin went back to his cube desk and finished up his work before going home. One thing he did for his change of getting better was being a little be cold and staying alone. He cared for his friends but sometimes the heart turns cold for a reason.

Not wanting to get hurt anymore and it would take a miracle to make it warm again. That's what happens when a person gives so much love to their significant other and it was nothing but a lie.

- - -

At home, Jimin was eating ramen as he was watching the news. He stocked up on ramen for months but once in a while he will go out and eat meat and have a few drinks. He would let the burn of the liquor burn his throat wondering if he really is better or he is just lying to myself to fool not only him but others as well.

It was hard say.

At work he did his job and at home he would be alone and sit on the coach eating and drinking and sleeping. Never going out for fun.

Love changes people.

It can be good or it can be bad.

Finishing up his ramen, Jimin washed his dishes and went to shower to ready himself for bed. He closed his eyes relaxing as the warmth of the water was hitting his skin washing away any dirt he had on. He would move his body around making sure he didn't leave no body part untouched.

He washed up and got out drying his pink hair first and then the rest of his body. He got dressed and went to his bed just laying on his stomach thinking of nothing for a moment until he started thinking of Hoseok and the blind date he agreed on.

I should just cancel.

He sighed closing his eyes not wanting to move from his spot as he felt his body relaxing and letting every muscle in his body whine down and be calm. He didn't know what to think of the blind date. He wasn't sure if he was ready for dating again. There was only one way to find out right?

Even though it had been a while for him to date someone, sometimes it wasn't easy getting back into game and opening up to someone else knowing at some point they get hurt all over again. Why go through the cycle over and over again?

Jimin let out a sigh again and moved himself better on the bed. He grabbed his a plush blanket putting it over him and turned off the lamp next to him. He shut his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

- - -

Jimin saw nothing but white.

White fog.

More like a sea of white fog all over the ground covering up everything and being unable to see anything. He turned around and he had no idea where he was, he started walking and kept turning back every few seconds.

The fog was thick.

He had nothing on him and the sky just above him was clear blue.

Where am I?

This is so strange.

The moment he looked forward, the sea of fog was gone and there was nothing but a ground path with tall trees on either side of the path. But they weren't just any trees.

They were Cherry Blossom Trees.

They were already blooming and a light gush of wind came blowing a sweet breeze around him and the flowers as they rubbed and moved against each other. A few petals were starting to fall down and some moved with the wind flying free and in peace.

Jimin couldn't help but smile at a beautiful sight.

He liked seeing Cherry Blossom. Seeing the petals move along with the wind just made him be at peace and bring a smile to his face.

He then heard a light giggle coming from a distance.

He looked ahead and saw a girl with brown short hair that was up to her shoulders with bangs to the side. She smiled as she held out her hand hoping to get some petals to fall like on a day when it's snowing.

The path she as standing on was the same on as him but towards the end it curved to the right. The trees were tall and there were eight of them in a row leaving at least ten feet away from each other.

Jimin turned around for a moment and noticed he was surrounded by nothing cherry blossom trees.

He looked back to the girl as she was still there with her hands up collecting a few petals as the wind never stopped blowing. The way the scenery was looking, it was a romantic feel. The wind blowing with a cool breeze and the light pink petals flying all around as if someone was playing a Japanese teen romance drama.

The dream was nothing expected of Jimin to ever dream about.

He started walking towards the girl who was oblivious to his presences. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and kept staring at her. She wore an over sized white sweater that past her thighs but Jimin surely knew she had some shorts underneath. She giggled seeing more of the petals fly around and some were sticking to her hair.

Jimin stopped only a few feet away from her, she turned and smiled at him.

Her smile did something to Jimin that he never thought could happen.

It started to beat faster and he could feel his cheeks turning red. His mouth suddenly felt dry and he didn't know what to say. He slowly opened his mouth but no sound came out to speak.

The girl smiled wider showing her lovely smile and her eyes seemed to have a sparkle making him feel like jello for the first time. "It's beautiful isn't?"

She spoke to me.

When she giggled again her eyes went into crescents making Jimin feel warm inside. He hadn't felt that way in a long time. It felt nice.

"Yeah, it is." He wasn't looking at the cherry blossoms anymore, he was looking at the girl standing in front of him knowing he was mesmerized by her.

Beautiful.

- - -

After the fourth call coming from Hoseok, Jimin ignored it since he was getting off the cab as he was heading to Seokchon Lake, for the cherry blossom festival. He woke up this morning and he couldn't stop thinking about his dream.

He kept thinking how he saw fog and then it randomly cleared up and saw the cherry blossom trees everywhere and then a girl just smiling as she saw the petals fly around. It was a perfect moment that Jimin honestly didn't want to wake up.

He wished the dream was longer so he could keep staring at her. Not in a creepy way, but in a sense of seeing someone who made his heart melt and feel happy again. It was weird how one dream was able to affect him so much.

He didn't think it was possible, but anything is possible.

He shook his head a few times, trying to get her out of his mind and it would only do so much because he couldn't stop thinking about her.

Dreams sometimes.

Jimin sighed as he saw Hoseok standing around messing with his for a moment and he smiled like a happy ball of sunshine as he was moving his thumbs to text. The moment he looked up, he saw his friend. "I thought you would bail."

"I was." Jimin stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Come on, the girls are over here." Hoseok led the way for a few minutes before he wrapped his around Chaeyoung making her giggle. Jimin looked down for a moment and the moment he looked up his heart stopped.

He was staring at a girl.

Impossible...

The girl was smiling as she was saying hello to Hoseok before she averted her eyes to him. Her smile was bright and happy. Her eyes had a sparkle that made him feel like jello and feel warmth in his heart.

"Jimin, this is my friend Lim Nayeon." Chaeyoung smiled at her friend.

Nayeon bowed at him with a smile that never left her face. She put a strand of her brown hair behind her ear. "Nice to meet you."

Her voice was soft and perfect. The sound of her voice made his heart start beating faster.

He saw Chaeyoung whisper something to her and Nayeon giggled covering . Her voice and laugh made Jimin's knee buckle and possibly send him to the ground. But he managed to keep standing.

It wasn't possible to see someone in your dreams and then seem them the next day right?

It's impossible.

Jimin felt a nudge from Hoseok breaking his train of thoughts to make him say something in return.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter