Summer sunshine

Summer sunshine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunlight filters in from the windows. They’re lying together, wasting the afternoon away, Hoyeon and Woohee on Hoyeon’s single bed. It’s kind of tight even though they’re both slim, but Hoyeon wouldn’t have it any other way. The sheets beneath stick to her skin from the warmth of the room, but Hoyeon lets her arm snake around Woohee’s waist, thin and dainty, pulling her closer. It’s too hot, the way Hoyeon’s chest presses against Woohee’s back, sharing body heat from how close they are, but it feels nice anyway, having Woohee close like this. Woohee doesn’t stir with the contact, merely flicking at her phone with a neatly manicured finger, reading something or another on what is probably another beauty blog. Hoyeon tries to read over her shoulder for a while. But she gets bored so she settles for just pressing her lips against the bare skin of Woohee’s shoulder. Woohee clicks on another webpage. Hoyeon exhales a little, before pursing her lips to press a wetter kiss on the same spot.

After a while Woohee mumbles something Hoyeon doesn’t quite catch. She might or might not have been drifting off.

“Sorry, what did you say?” she asks sleepily, blinking her eyes open.

“…nothing,” Woohee replies softly, but she tucks her head lower, and Hoyeon knows she’s not telling the truth.

“Okay… You know you can tell me anything right,” Hoyeon tries to coax. She’s never been very good with this. The talking bit. It’s even harder with girls than guys, and sometimes she gets frustrated because Woohee never tells her what she’s thinking. Then again, maybe this isn’t so much a girl thing as it is a Woohee thing. Hoyeon tries again. “Woohee…”

“Yeah?”

“Are you upset for some reason?”

Woohee turns so sharply, Hoyeon’s surprised she didn’t sprain her neck.

Please log in to read the full chapter