- one -

Plain
 
chapter one
I look up from my book, and take a sip from my cappuccino, and look to my right, to see the quiet thumps of raindrops hit and fall on the window pane. I look around at the once empty coffee shop to see an attractive man ordering coffee. He's a bit wet from the rain, but he still looked bright with his wide smile despite the rain all over him. While waiting for his coffee he observed his surroundings, then spotted me. Instantly I knew who he was, Byun Baekhyun. Supposedly a weirdo that everyone stays away from, yet all the girls secretly have a crush on him. Honestly, I don't see a problem with him, but he doesn't seem to care about what people say about him. 

 He turns around when the cashier calls out his name, but I can't hear it with the sound of the rain and machinery masking the cashier's voice. I look back down at my book once he looks away, trying to cover my face with my hair.

 I try to focus on what's in front of me, but feel my heartbeat speed up as I hear footsteps come near the seat across from mine. 

"Hey, are you new here?" He asked.

I looked up from my book to see a handsome face smiling at me. Strange.

"Sure," I whispered. I wasn't much of a talker, nor an attention seeker. But keeping up a conversation wasn't in my genes. I didn't bother to correct him that I've been living in the same town as him for 4 years and we go to the same high school. Personally, I think it takes up to much energy to talk when he can figure it out on his own someday- not that it matters.

"Ah, so what's your name?" He says, sipping on his cold drink

"Eu-Eunseo...," Like a fool, I stuttered. That wasn't on my main priority list though, I was quite fearful of what he wanted to do with me, or what this conversation would lead too.

"Wah, it matches you a lot," and after a slight pause he softly murmurs,"You are quite beautiful."

He stares into my eyes, almost like he was amazed about my looks. 

I can't believe this heartthrob just called me beautiful. No wonder why girls like him and people think he's weird. He seems too sweet, too innocent, too... pure.

I found myself irritated by him invading my space, but I knew that was just a cover up when my heart started beating rapidly. 

I looked outside and saw that the rain has stopped, and slowly the sun started to peek its way through the clouds.
I got up and gathered my things ready to get out of this coffee shop.

"Thanks for the compliment, it was nice seeing you Baekhyun, but I have to go," I then gave him a small bow and quickly walked out of there before I did something embarrassing. I looked at the window to see Baekhyun staring at me walk away. Embarrassed, I covered my face with my hair and walked as fast as I could- without looking like a psycho- to the bus stop.

I couldn't stop worrying about the impression I made on him.

Did I dress funny today?

Does my breath smell? Not that I said much anyways...

Oh! I said his name before I left and he thinks I'm new!

At the last thought, I faced palm myself before finally taking a seat at the bus stops benches. For a moment I close my eyes and feel the soft breeze embracing my exposed skin while the sun is coming out of the clouds, showing everyone that it is still here to give us warmth. Thirty from all my thoughts, I take a sip of my drink. The chocolate and cold coffee flavor felt hard on my tongue but quickly melted into warmth from the heat of my mouth and into nothingness. I look down and see the cold java chip slowly drip from the sun shining on it and a messily written name on it, 

Baekhyun.