Best friends. Will it be forever?

Best friends. Will it be forever?

 

We met in a playground when we were 5 years old. I saw him playing alone so I decided to introduce myself.

 

"Hi, i'm Sungyeol" a kid with chubby cheeks said cutely.

"Hi, i'm Myungsoo" a kid with a teddy bear replied.

 

"Do you want to be my friend?" little Sungyeol asked happily. Little Myungsoo nodded excitingly.

We then became bestfriends after that. It was like meeting another close brother.

 

14 years later.

 

"Yah Sungyeol ah, I need to stayback again in school" Myungsoo said, packing up his things slowly. "B-but I thought we're going to the arcade!" I said furiously. He put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, Sungyeol ah. But it's important" I sighed. "Alright then, i'll just see you tomorrow" I took my bag and headed home.

 

8PM

 

"Sungyeol ah, where's Myungsoo? I thought you both are going to hang out?" my mom asked as she wash the dishes. "He got something important to do" I boringly answered. "He's been busy alot of time lately" my mom said.

 

She was right. Few weeks ago he started staying back and skip some classes. Maybe there is something different about him lately. He didn't really have the interest to talk with me anymore. He would do something else and I would just be waiting for him to be done. Something was wrong.

 

I stood up from my chair and went up to my room.

 

"I should try calling him" I dialled his number and waited for him to answer.

 

"Sungyeol?" he answered.

 

"Myungsoo, where are you now?"

 

"... My house. Why?" he said uncertainly.

 

"Oh. Just asking. I guess-"

Then suddenly I heard someone's voice. "Myungsoo, who are you talking to?"

It sounded like a girls' voice, not his mom but a teenage girl's voice. "Hey, who's th-"

 

Myungsoo suddenly hang up.

Something tells me that Myungsoo is hiding something or.. someone from me.

 

The next day

 

I searched everywhere for Myungsoo but he was nowhere to be found. I gave up and went to my locker. A note dropped when I opened it.

 

I don't think we can be friends anymore.

 

My eyes widen when I read it. "N-no, it couldn't be..." I looked to my right and saw him with a girl. "It is him..." I crushed the paper and slammed the locker.

 

"Yah Myungsoo! How could you suddenly just give me this note!?" I exclaimed, throwing him back the paper on his face. He glared at me and his arm immediately was around the girl's waist.

"She's better than you, Sungyeol" he said, leaving me standing alone.

 

"I've been your friend for 14 freaking years! And it ends like this? You picked a girl than your own bestfriend?" I shouted from afar. He nodded without turning around and continued walking.

 

He suddenly stopped, turned his head and said :

 

"Best friends aren't meant to be forever sometimes. I learned that we shouldn't be hanging out anymore since we're both are different now. Goodbye, Sungyeol"

 

He walked away with the girl.

 

After realising on what he said was true, i sighed. We're both are different. But it hurts how much I need to let go all the past memories of me and him. It was simply just the end for both of us.

 

We would ignore each other everyday.

We didn't spoke anything after that day.

He became the most popular guy in school.

I was just someone in the background.

 

Memories was fading bits by bits. I know, it was just part of life. And all I have to do is just to accept it.

 

For that,

Goodbye Kim Myungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------

kinda short oneshot cause i'm not that good in long ones.

anyway. Hope you liked it.

COMMENTS ARE BEING LOVED BY ME! <3