A New Day

It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Too soon? I know, right? But I'm back again with another spur-of-the-moment YuTae fic *screams*. Still waiting for that AO3 membership, so please wait a bit longer if you're waiting for my fics to be posted there...? Anyway, if you've read my other fic called Perfect, you must know that YuTae has been my muse lately~ ^^ Here's a lighthearted piece, as intended. The chronology is messed up, I know, but just imagine that Yuta was the last to join in, okay?

So, um... I actually wanted to write a cute, fluffy piece with Alpha!Taeyong and Omega!Yuta, but I've done ed up again. Maybe you'll see that eventually? For now, I settled for a Soulmate!AU featuring the other members instead.

Once again, I wrote this one day on my phone, so please don't judge me too harshly... ^^"

"Ready to meet them? They're all nice boys," the staff member says pleasantly enough.

Oh my , no. I'm going to make a fool out of myself, and they're going to think I'm weird and won't like me, andー "Yes...?" Yuta replies weakly in Korean. He gives the staff member an innocent, convincing smile when he turns around with a raised eyebrow. "I mean it, hyung," Yuta says more confidently.

"Well, they're a bit...overbearing, I'll admit, but most teenage boys are. I'm sure they'll love you and take you under their wing," the staff member reassures. He reaches out to pat Yuta's shoulder comfortingly. "There are other foreigners in the group, too, so you won't be out of place."

But I'm the only Japanese one. It's different, Yuta thinks petulantly as he nods. The two are approaching the door to destiny at a brisk pace, and he begins to feel more unprepared and anxious with every step closer. His heart is beating a tattoo on his ribs, and he's suddenly wondering if he looks okay or if he'll spill Japanese-Korean word vomit as soon as he meets whoever is behind that door.

The door is open before he knows it, and the new trainee has no choice but to walk in. He enters with perfect posture and pacing and eyes politely downcast behind the staff member.

Internally, though, he is screaming.

When he hears excited shouts and an alarming number of footsteps approaching, Yuta begins to say his prayers.

He takes a breath and risks looking up.

Yuta likes to think that he is a tough, confident, standout individual. However, he is unfortunately very sensitive and not good at new beginnings, so when he tries to subtly hide himself behind the staff member, only to be gaped at regardless by a rather intimidating number of really cute foreign boys...

He knows he's ed.

"Boys, this is Nakamoto Yuta. He's from Japan and will be a new addition to SM Rookies starting today, so please look after him during this period of adjustment. Why don't you all get to know each other since it's break time?" 

Yuta finds himself being gripped by the shoulders and pulled front and center. Taking this as a cue to do a self-introduction, he clears his throat and prepares to go through the motions. 

"Hello, I'm Nakamoto Yuta from Osaka, Japan," he says in passable Korean, taking a short bow. "I was born in 1995, and I really like TVXQ!, soccer, takoyaki, anime..." When he realizes he's rambling due to nerves, he curses aloud thoughtlessly in some rather aggressive-sounding Japanese before finishing with a quick '"Let's work hard together! Please take care of me!"'

Oh my god, how cringeworthy was that. Good ing job, Yuta, the boy berates himself as he stops talking. To make up for his poor greeting, Yuta smiles at his future coworkers brightly. Maybe his friendly smile will win them over and convince them that he is not as awkward and dumb as he just made himself out to be.

The creepy staring intensifies, and Yuta wonders if he's made some giant mistake. Especially when they all smile back.

"Hyung~!" Oh god, it begins. There are a few little kids in front of him now, and the way they're looking at him like some mother bird freaks Yuta out a little. He takes one step back, and they follow with one step forward. "How are you, hyung? Do you like Korea? You said something funny earlier. Was it a bad word in Japanese?"

"I... am fine. And yes, Korea is really beautiful," Yuta murmurs back. "And I... no?"

"Hi~!" The peppy, oddly accented, broken Korean captures Yuta's attention. He turns to see a boy around the same height as him with heavily pierced ears. "I like your..." The beaming boy falters for a moment, then touches his ears to signal what he means but doesn't know how to say to the other foreigner.

Yuta understands immediately. "Thanks. Same," he replies a bit happily, touching his own pierced ears.

A taller boy crowds into his space this time. His dimpled smile is sweet enough, and it gives off peaceful vibes to Yuta. "You're from Japan, hyung? I'veー"

"He just said he was from Japan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter