Awake

No More Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another two weeks later, Rap Monster had set a new record in their studio for recording 15 tracks of one single genre out of nowhere surpassing Yoongi’s 10 tracks when he found his soulmate but since Yoongi’s tracks didn’t focus in one genre, there wasn’t much of an issue. When Rap Monster’s mask had cracked and let a tear fall after the recording the 4th track, Yoongi knew he should be worried. Rap Monster didn’t tell him what’s wrong but from the first song, he knew it’s all about Jin and his soul mate.

After the 15th track, Namjoon locked the recording room, squatted down and refused to leave. A few minutes of silence, Yoongi told Namjoon to come out but was answered with a ‘no.’

Informing you and Jimin about the situation, you both rushed in the studio and complained while going inside (“It smells like you guys haven’t seen the sunlight for a year.” “What the heck is with all this trash still here?” “Do you guys even clean this place?” “Better question, did you guys even bathed this week?” “Did you even leave this dump?”) and had found out that even though Rap Monster is setting a record, he hasn’t been eating that much by the past few days.

Jimin was scolding Yoongi for not shoving food down Namjoon’s throat (“Seriously, hyung? All you have to do is shove some food in his mouth, move his jaw so he can chew and make him drink so he can swallow! You can even spoonfeed him! You can even do it while he’s off daydreaming. 
YOU CAN EVEN DO IT IN HIS SLEEP! Is that so hard for you to do?!” “Jimin, I was the reason for the food he ate the past few days. If it weren’t for me, he’s in the hospital now. Why didn’t you think I didn’t do anything you said?” Jimin huffed, crossing his arms. Touche.)

You let Jimin and Yoongi have their mini lover’s quarrel where neither one is backing down. Tilting your head when you hear they moved on about doing general cleaning in the studio. (“Are you kidding me? We just did it two weeks ago.” “Well, apparently, two weeks isn’t enough to hold back a natural disaster happening.”) You moved on to the recording room and checked if it’s still locked.

You rolled your eyes, of course it was. Brandishing the key and opening the recording room, you saw Namjoon’s state and couldn’t help but hold back a groan. There were times that Namjoon throws a tantrum like this one or when he’s upset that he locks himself up in the recording room.

“Namjoon-ah.” you called and he stared back lifelessly. “Do you want to eat?”

“What’s the point of eating if we’re going to die anyway?” he mumbled and shook his head no.

“The point is we eat so our body gets the nutrients and energy to live for one more day.” You answered, handing him a bottle of water. He was about to refuse but seeing your glare, he sighed and drank some. “We only have one life so we must enjoy it to the fullest, there will be ups and downs but it’s a part of life. And Namjoon what you’re doing now is not really living. You’re wasting away.”

He chuckled like a man who has no will to live.

“I’d rather die, Y/N-ah.”

Before you could say anything, Namjoon’s cheek was bruised and Yoongi had already punched him. Jimin had also an indescribable look in his face as he pushed you back before things get physical and glared at Namjoon as if daring him to say it again so he would be the one to punch him. 
You rolled your eyes at their antics.

“Who the do you think you are?” Yoongi snarled, pinning Namjoon to the wall by clutching at his shirt. “Where the hell did my friend go? You know, the one who cared about living. The one who didn’t even consider becoming a piece of pathetic like you are now spouting blasphemy about wanting to die, huh? Where the hell is that Kim Namjoon?!”

You gave Jimin another bottle of water to calm him down before he go in a dramatic speech about life and friendship and kicked Yoongi away from Namjoon. Yoongi looked at you darkly and you waved him away.

“Boys, you need to calm down first and listen to me.” you said, breathing deeply. “I can’t breathe.” you announced as you coughed slightly and bent down.

The three of them came down from their anger and tension, panicked and immediately reconciled to carry you out the cramped recording room to the studio and gently placed you on the couch, Jimin giving you the water bottle. After drinking, you smiled at the three of them. (Read: that method always works.)

“Now that we’re all out of that recording room, let’s all sit and talk about this calmly.” you patted the space beside you and they all settled, looking at you with worry. (Read: They’re still oblivious about your acting even after so many years of doing that.) “I’m okay, now. I can breathe again. I guess it was stuffy for a moment.” they all nodded, relieved.

“Namjoon, I want to ask you some questions.” Namjoon gulped.

“Is this about Jin?” as Namjoon paled, you went on. “Your tracks is all about heartbreak. Is this about Jin oppa?”

“We knew you were attracted to him, hyung.” Jimin commented and grinned at Namjoon’s shocked look. “The smiles you directed at Jin hyung while you were both in your own world is proof enough. We’ve known you for a long time to see the look in your eyes when you know something or someone should be treated as if they’re a national treasure or something.”

Namjoon blushed a beautiful shade of red and started sputtering. Yoongi cackled.

“Didn’t help that you describe him and took out your frustrations and shortcomings at all the tracks, Monnie.” Yoongi teased.

“...You guys are gonna be the death of me.” Namjoon groaned and buried his head on his hands.”

“I have another one to knock you out, Nammie.” you drawled, a smirk in place. “Guess who also knows that you know who your soulmate is.”

Namjoon’s head shot up and he stared at you, eyes and mouth wide open in shock with Jimin and Yoongi.

“No. ing. Way.”

“Yes way. Jin has an amazing body.” you grinned like the cat that got the cream. “Also, guess what I also saw on his hipbones when my sister lifted his shirt.”

“Ohmygosh. Hyung, is that why you slipped and fell on me?” Jimin squealed. “Oh that’s so cliche! You liked a person and was REALLY attracted to a person the first time in years and he’s your own soulmate at that! How lucky!!!”

Yoongi grinned and put Namjoon on a headlock and gave him a nuggie. “You little brat, we’ve been together for weeks and you couldn’t even tell me that.”

“But hyung... He... He’s not attracted to me and he’s got a boyfriend already and he says Jimin is handsome.” Namjoon sulked, mood darkening.

You all frowned because that day, Jin’s attention was merely on Namjoon’s and hardly regarded them. That was proof enough that Jin was so attracted to Namjoon he can’t take his eyes away from him. I mean, Jin and Namjoon are smiling like fools as they converse that the group even wanted to leave the both of them there to see if they noticed. HOW IS IT THAT NAMJOON THOUGHT JIN WASN’T ATTRACTED TO HIM?

“Okay, wait right there. Boyfriend?” you asked, holding back the laughter bubbling inside you as you thought of the person 100% sure Namjoon will answer.

“You know? The Jhope guy. Uhhh...Hoseok, was it?”

Jimin “oooh”-ed and Yoongi “ahhh”-ed as they remember the talented Hoseok who brightened their conversations and lightened up the mood.

“Well, that proves to be a problem.” Yoongi said, resting his chin on the back of the chair. “Since they’ve been together for who knows how many long now.”

Jimin nodded in agreement before smirking, “Now let’s move on to the part where Jin hyung says I’m handsome.”

“Let’s not.” you and Yoongi deadpanned and Jimin pouted.

“Aw, you guys just killed the fun.”

“You have none of that.”

“Okay, now that’s so harsh on so many levels, hyung.”

“Guys.”

~

It was also a week and Jin has been feeling down and upset every passing hour that Hoseok can’t do anything about it by Saturday. 
He did everything he can to make Jin happy but he only gets hugs for his effort and smiles for his jokes.

It was clear that Jin was pining for a certain Kim Namjoon.

It started when he dreamed about Namjoon reading your phone messages and saw that “Jimin is handsome” comment and proceeded to shrug 
while saying “What’s good about Jin hyung, anyway?”. Needless to say, he woke up screaming.

Since that day, he wanted to contact you again to ask you to delete the message before Namjoon read it and misunderstand but the contact number 
had been erased by your sister because she saw Jin procrastinating his work and distressing his self about it.

“Work before love, Mr. Kim.” my . Jin grumbled and proceeded to glare at her for the remaining week when he found out that his phone was hacked and the contact number and messages were gone.

He wanted to talk to Namjoon again and feel all sorts of feelings he had never felt before in all his life. He felt giddy, he felt happy, he felt a whole lot different and all because of Kim Namjoon. Jin’s thoughts revolved around him even while he’s still at work.

His mood gets darker and darker as the day passed by because he has no ways of contacting you or even Namjoon himself because Hoseok’s phone was confiscated by your evil sister. He’s getting upset with the lack of communication

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter