Wake Up!

The You Who Vow Not To Regret (HIATUS)

It is a busy day in cafeteria as usual. Students line up for food. Walking pass through the table looking for empty spot to eat. The chatter can be hear from the tables. Boys ganging up talking about yesterday football match. Girls hanging up gossiping. And there is Chaerin. Alone, sipping her tea at the corner looking out through the glass wall of the cafe. Far from other and a table for 2. There is no worries in her mind.

"It is going to rain soon" she whispered, soft blowing her tea. Her soft lips touched the edge of tea glass cup. It is warm and pleasuring to enjoy. Until....

"Chaerin-ah!" A shout out of no where but still familiar. "Aish.. That jerk really know how to ruin a good mood." She have been mumbling to herself, taking a deep breath refusing to look up.

"Yah! Son Chaerin. Over here!" He wave from there, behind those crowd of girls. As he manage to get away from the crowd, he quickly approached her. "Awww... Look at this. My little girl is all alone again." He take a seat without invitation.

"What the? I told you many time not to call me that. I just 7 months younger than you, sunbae" She placed down the cup, pulling out the earphone from her ears. "You don't have class?" she lean back, looking at him sitting infront.

"Nope! Ngeeee" He grins raising up two fingers showing a peace sign. "It got cancel once I got there. Geez he could informed earlier if he going to cancel the class. You know how much I hate morning classes. And because of him, I wasted my morning waking up for his class" 

"You shouldn't be nagging that way. He is still your lecturer who mark your paper and still pass you up even when you failing" She said.

"Wahhh... As expected from Chaerin. So tolerated with others. Of course he won't let his little brother failed. I think my highest score is on his subjects" He chuckles. She just shake her head. This boy really need to learn how to appreciate. "Oh by the way. Are you ready for tommorow? Have you been studying?" 

"What is happening tommorow?" She take another sip while her eyes met his.

"Seriously?! It is the entrance examination for your course. How can you forgot?" 

"Oh that. I decided not to go." she calmly said. There is no expression at all. Taehyung couldn't hide the facts that he is shocked. It is her dream since forever to become an architect and she decided not to take those examination? He grab her tea and sniff it. "Is this a tea or sort of drugs? Are you drunk? You must be joking,right?It is your dream. You know if you pass, you will receive the scholarship for you to continue your study in Amsterdam" 

She take her tea, and placed it down. "You are over reacted, sunbae. It is my decision. Drawing is actually just a hobby. I never intend to sell out my masterpiece. Besides, I promises my mom , I will take over her bakery." emotionlessly.

Taehyung leaning down, he take a look right to her face for a moment. "You sure you won't regret?"

Chaerin smile. "You already know my answer." He pull in the breath and put on a smile. "Well than. It that is what you choosed, I will always support you. I really admire you, Chaerin. To be able to make desicion without feeling regret."

No. It is not. She does regreting few things, but she is positive. She know regreting the past only hurts her. Living on with a smile is much more better to do. 

"You don't have class after this?" He ask. "No" what a very short reply.

"Want to join us later?"

"Us?"

"Yeah. We are going out to celebrate Su Ho sunbae. He finally able to graduate after repeating his semesters for 4 times you know. I though he will never leave." He couldn't control his laugh til he end up caughing.

"Don't laugh too much, you also repeating a semester. You all going to have some soju or that kind of things, right? Then, I pass." She checked on her phone. 

"Hehe. Oh. I forgot you can't drink. But you can grab juice or something. It just would be great if you join us. I mean, we haven't been hang out together since a week before the examination start. And now we only have a month before the final paper."

"Sorry sunbae-nim. I also have things to do after this. Maybe next time okay?" She smile conviening.

"I'll take that as a promise. I wanna get going now. Wanna me to drop you home?" He stand up, pushing the chair in. "No thanks. I am going somewhere else first." she smile again at the fact he is finally leaving.

"Okay then. Annyeong." He wave and left heading to the entrance before getting caught by a crowd of girls again. 

Chaerin take a breath in. Finally he is gone. She take a last sip of her tea while looking out. Few drops of rains already hit the glass wall. Told you so. 

She pack her stuff, ready to leave before the rains got heavy. It is much better if she accept Taehyung's offer but no. She prefer walk. And of course, no regret at all.

It was a long day. She throw her bag on the floor, placed her books and stuff on the table. Then she throw herself onto bed. It was a tiring day, helping her mom at the bakery. 

 

As she walk into the shop, her mom said there was an urgent order of 500 cupcakes that need to be finish by 8 pm at the night. She look at her phone. 9 hours she got for preparation and delivery. And of course it is a part of her duty to do so.
 

She reach for her phone in her bag. Her eyes were sleepy and tired. It is almost 2 in the morning. Luckily there is no classes or examination tomorrow. Her eyes slowly shutting down. There is no proper bath. There is no proper dinner for her tonight. All she need is just a proper rest, which is sleep, without disturbance.

 

"Yah! Chaerin ah! You have to wake up now. You have to go now! You have to take the examination. Chaerin ! You are getting late! Wake up, Chaerin. Or this will be a greatest regret in your entire life. Wake up. You need to wake up now. Now!"