Oneshot - I pay the meal

I pay the meal

VIXX is currently eating in the restaurant they usually go to eat. Hongbin looks up from the menu only to frown at the couple in front of him. He can understand if Wonshik and Jaehwan can’t control their hormones, but haven’t Taekwoon hyung and Hakyeon hyung dated each other long enough to not be so disgustingly sweet like newly-wed couple in public? It’s not that they kiss or something, but sitting in front of each other and tangling legs and smiling like two lovesicks while joking in a smoky restaurant... Speaking of couple, Jaehwan hyung and Wonshik seems to have got into another fight, again. Jaehwan sits beside Sanghyuk and tries his best to provoke Wonshik by laying his head on Sanghyuk’s shoulder while Wonshik tries his best to ignore them by scrolling on his phone. Hongbin sighs.

Something is not right today. Usually there is this girl, who is very small and is a foreigner and she will bring the food out for them. VIXX enjoys her a lot, because her Korean is surprisingly fluent and she has very good sense of humour. They eat here frequently enough to consider her a friend. She even knows VIXX has two couples. But today there’s another girl. Jaehwan curiously asks Hakyeon:

  • Hyung, do you know where Ten is? I haven’t seen her since we got here.
  • I don’t know... But we can ask other staffs later.

Wonshik and Jaehwan still refuse to talk to each other. Taekwoon raises an eyebrow at the two of them but he then shrugs it off. They probably argued over something that’s really small and stupid. They will make up soon. Maybe after the dinner, they can expect to see the two of them making out in the car park.

When the strange waitress brings their food, Jaehwan asks her:

  • Excuse me but do you know where Ten is? I haven’t seen her around here.

Something about the way she flips her long hair and flashes a delicate smile at Jaehwan scratches that part of Wonshik’s mind. But it maybe just his imagination.

  • Ah, she has gone back to her country to have her holiday. She will be back 2 weeks later.
  • So that’s the reason why. Thank you for telling us anyway.
  • You guys seem to be close to her?
  • We eat here frequently.

The smile she gives Jaehwan is making Wonshik uncomfortable. He narrows his eyes at Jaehwan but his stupid and oblivious boyfriend doesn’t seem to notice. He keeps chatting with her and smiles back and politely grabs the can of bear that she intentionally drops. Their hands touch!!! And she’s smiling!!! And his boyfriend still doesn’t know anything!!!

Taekwoon looks at Wonshik, who is obviously jealous and shakes his head. Jaehwan is being childish again. Wonshik makes him cross and he has to make sure the other is as upset as he is right now . After the girl goes, Jaehwan takes the role of being the one to grill the meat, and they start the meal. Wonshik is still pissed so he deliberately complains of the quality of the meat:

  • The meat is a bit bitter, isn’t it?

Jaehwan glares at him and they glare at each other for a while before Jaehwan breaks the eye contact and decides to ignore his stupid boyfriend. Taekwoon has to put a full spoon of rice into his mouth to stop his laughing. They’re both childish. Wonshik is normally very matured and he speaks some really wise and deep words, but Jaehwan makes an exception, he guesses. They’re a match made in heaven, really.

Hongbin snorts at the comment and Sanghyuk doesn’t even try to control his laughter. Hongbin pats Wonshik’s shoulder. Hakyeon wants to laugh too and he almost loses control but then he gains it back, albeit not very successful.

  • Just eat, kids.

The girl comes back a few times (in Wonshik’s point of view, many times). She can just stand beside Taekwoon, but she chooses to go farther to stand beside Jaehwan at the other end of the table while carrying a full tray of food. Everytime she comes back and Jaehwan charmingly smiles back at her, Wonshik shoots death glares at him. He cuts the meat like it holds some kind of hatred toward him and he just looks so scary Hongbin has to take the scissors from him. People in love are unpredictable, especially someone who is really weird like Kim Wonshik.

Sanghyuk nudges Jaehwan, giggles:

  • She likes him, hyung.

Jaehwan denies half-heartedly, his grin is so wide to the point his eyes turn into two cute curved lines:

  • Stop reading into things Hyogi, she is just friendly.

And Wonshik pokes his bowl of rice so hard Hongbin thinks he will break the metal bowl.

But things do not stop there. The peak of this drama is when the girl trips over the slippy floor and Jaehwan being the closest one to her, stands up and grabs her small shoulder,  his other hand places on hers to stabilize the tray. If look can destroy something then the fierce glare of Wonshik can burn this whole restaurant down into ash. He grits his teeth when the girl not-so-secretively shoves a small piece of paper, which is obviously her phone number, into his hoodie pocket. Jaehwan smiles at the girl like the spring is coming. Wonshik badly hopes he can be the annoying car to ruin the spring morning by splashing mud at the two of them.

Hakyeon has to place one hand on Wonshik’s:

  • You’re not turning the bowl into a honeycomb Wonshik ah.

Wonshik speaks through his gritted teeth:

  • We have to hurry up. I want to go back to the dorm and get some sleep. I’m tired.
  • Why? I haven’t finished yet. Just take it slow.

Jaehwan provokes him again. Wonshik is running out of patience. He can never win over Jaehwan at these types of things though. Hyuk puts a piece of grilled meat into Hongbin’s waiting mouth, sniggers at the imaginary stream of smoke emitted from his hyung’s red ears:

  • Wonshik hyung is losing it soon.

Hakyeon happily watches Taekwoon eating, once in a while fills the cup with water for him. Jaehwan then tells a story of Seokjin mistaking a stranger for his members and embarassedly apologised afterward. And then Sanghyuk says that Taekwoon hyung mistook Hakyeon hyung for a stranger one time when he hid the manager and members to sneak out for some night snack but got caught red-handed by him. Taekwoon desperately tries to change the direction of the conversation but he fails, then he decides to eat and ignores the mockings of Binhyuk for being old, the blabering of Hakyeon accuses him of cheating on him (what?) and Wonshik’s stupid laughters.

Finally they finish the meal. When they go to the counter to pay the bill, that girl is there too. And Jaehwan smiles at her too. And all of the patience has left Wonshik. He breathes in long, and VIXX knows that it’s the signal.

  • I hope you had a good meal.

The girls shyly looks at Jaehwan. Jaehwan mutters back a “thank you” and is about to give her another smile when Wonshik grabs his hand to pull him back to face him.

  • Don’t, Jaehwan. I’m warning you.

Jaehwan raises an eyebrow at him:

  • What? Are you jealous?

Wonshik’s eyes darken at the question.

  • Do you think I am?
  • Well... I don’t really know... if you really are jealous. I mean... you don’t seem to care about me that much to be actually jealous...
  • Don’t provoke me.
  • What if I still want to?

Jaehwan narrows his eyes. Then he turns to the counter:

  • Now let go of me, today’s my treat. I have to pay the meal.

Just when he goes foward two steps, Wonshik reaches out, grabs his nape to turn his head back and fiercely bites Jaehwan’s lips. Jaehwan on the other hand doesn’t seem to put much effort in fighting back despite his words. He gladly welcomes Wonshik when the younger turns their kiss from angry bitings into a heated one as he pushes one leg in between Jaehwan’s legs and one of his arms wraps around the other waist to pull him closer. Jaehwan cirles his hands around Wonshik’s neck and lets the rapper does whatever he wants in his mouth. Hakyeon and Sanghyuk let out their sighs, Hongbin clicks his tongue in annoyance:

  • You’re lucky you have brothers like us, careless idiots!

Having left no choice, they gather around the two that are at the moment kissing like there’s no tomorrow and cover them. Sometimes being tall is so useful. They can create a wall around the two idiots and block the views of outside people. Although it’s currently 2 am at night and there’s no customer, they can’t risk the chance of being seen by someone or the video of two members of boygroup VIXX kissing leaked online. Taekwoon mutters:

  • I’m glad the security job of this restaurant is good. The staffs are well-trained too.

Wonshik only releases Jaehwan when they are both in need of oxygen. Jaehwan looks up at him and smiles, his eyes reflect the light prettily:

  • You know, people can see us.

Hongbin rolls his eyes at the saying. Wonshik pulls Jaehwan to stand up properly, fixs the messy shirt for him and gives him a peck on his nose:

  • I know.

He then pats Jaehwan’s head like a puppy and swings his waist to hide him behind his back. Wonshik pulls out the credit card from the inner pocket of his jacket and turns to the waitress whose face has now become gray like a stone sculpture, charmingly smiles at her.

  • I pay the meal.