Final

I'm sorry

"Hey.. you're here.." You looked up from reading as you see a familiar face that you refuse to admit to recognise.
"I'm sorry, you might have mistaken me for someone else. I do not know you sir."
"Hyung, quit playing. It's me. How can you not know me after being friends for 10 years?"

You laughed, "Friends? I see, we were only friends." You closed your book and stood up, holding coffee on your other hand. "I hope you know you were not just my friend, Kim Jonghyun. You were someone special. However, you no longer are, not even my friend. I wish you luck in loving someone else and leaving me suddenly the last year."

You were about to move as he grabbed your arm tightly, trying to stop you however you brushed him off roughly almost spilling your coffee onto him.
"Sir, please do not block my pathway. I seriously do not know you. If you are going to continue doing this, I am calling the police."

"God damn it hyung! Drop the formalities and forgive me! I never meant to leave you. Please hyung, forgive me. I swear I love you and she was a mistake. Please hyung, I can't live without you here with me."

You clenched your teeth as you tried to walk away again, trying to ignore what you hear from him. It took you months to stop crying every day and every night. It took you so long to accept that your best friend for 10 years, your "boyfriend" for 3, left you for a female celebrity that you hated ever since she was in the industry.

Friends and family around you saw how you went from a happy-go-lucky man, to someone who was so quiet and cold. And it was only the recent weeks where you finally tried to put him aside from your thoughts, and there he is. Appearing infront of you again at the coffee shop where there was many precious memories with him.

"I, Lee Jinki, made a mistake for falling for you. And I made you lose so many years with me. I know you pity me that's why you came back. I am totally fine and do not need your pity. Kim Jonghyun, sir, you may find her back or you may find someone else who would love you as you wanted. I failed you as a friend. Take care, live well and goodbye."

This time, he was no longer trying to hold your arm, so it was easier for you to escape and you immediately threw the cup of coffee and ran to the nearest park bench before you broke down.

"I shouldn't have... I'm sorry... jonghyun-ah... you deserve better. Please forgive me.. I can never forgive myself for letting you go again. I'm sorry, I believe this is for the better for both of us, please understand and forgive me."