CONFESSION

Confession

Jinyoung felt accomplished at the sight of Mark and Jackson looking together at something on their phone.

Jinyoung planned this whole chalet trip under the ruse of it being a 'Before End of Year' trip but it was mainly used so that Mark would finally confess his love to Jackson.

Ever since the start of university, Jinyoung has been trying to get Mark to do something but after three long years, nothing seems to be happeningz

Not until now. Today, Mark Yi-En Tuan is going to confess to his one and only.

He had everything planned out. He was going to get Jaebum and the others to go to town and see a movie while Jackson and Mark would stay and confess and hopefully be together.

And if everything went sour, he could count on Jackson to make everything better. Jackson had a certain... trait about him. No matter how awkward things were, he would break that awkwardness and shatter it like it was nothing.

Being Jackson's best friend made him aware of his personality. He knew that the open-minded, extroverted guy would make everything okay.

Perhaps thats why he was so nervous. So nervous that he felt a tightening on his chest because he was so eager to know the results.

"That must be why," he mumbled to himself as he took a big gulp of his beer.

----------------

"You're in love with my best friend, aren't you?"

Jinyoung stared at the brown haired boy who was busily chewing on his burger. "... What's it to you?"

"You keep staring at him, it's quite obvious. Or maybe I'm just very observant."

"And so? How is this your problem? Mind your own business."

"Is that how you talk to someone that can help you with your crush?"

Mark didn't bother to reply. He hoped the silence and his harsh attitude would chase Park Jinyoung away.

Clearly, that wasn't the case.

Mark motioned for him to sit down, giving up trying to get him to leave.

"Okay, so here's the plan...."

---------------

"Jinyoung-ah! How much did you drink?"

Mark looked up to see the boy woozily standing up, pushing everyone away as he tried to keep his balance.

"I'm not drunk!" He mumbled, almost falling down if it wasn't for Youngjae who caught him.

"Jinyoung-hyung, you're definitelt drunk. Should we just cancel the movie then?" Yugyeom asked, helping Youngjae lift him up.

"No!" Jinyoung shouted, a little too eager. "You guys have to go. I'll just stay back here and rest okay? I'll be fine, just go!"

"Jinyoungie! Who said you could be drunk without me?" Jackson nagged as he jumped from the couch, pulling Jinyoung away from the other boys and carrying him, bridal style, towards the hallway.

"Did something happen to hyung? He seems a little... off," Bambam asked before he turned his focus back onto the video game.

Mark, however, just kept staring at the empty hallway.

--------------

Jinyoung's plan went just as expected. Perhaps a little too according to plan. Mark half expected something to mess up.

Jinyoung and Jackson met up at the amusement park with Mark, Jaebum and Youngjae, where he would take off with the other boys.

Leaving Jackson and Mark to venture around the park.

Jackson for the most part, didn't seem to care about who he was having fun with. He would probably still have fun even if he was alone.

The two boys took every single ride in the park and ate everything the park had to offer. Afterwards, they sat down at the meeting point and just talked. Jackson didn't give any chance for their conversation to become awkward.

"How long have you known Jinyoung?" Mark asked, munching on the cotton candy.

"Ever since birth. He's like my brother you know? And I don't use that term lightly. He's always been there for me and I've always tried to do the same."

That would explain how Jinyoung knew all these 'classified information'.

"He'd said before how protective I am of him. He said I would chase girls away if I didn't think they were right for him. It probably sounds weird but I just want the best for him you know? I need someone who will be there for him when I'm not."

"I'll protect him as if my life depended on it."

Mark nodded, understanding why Jackson felt that way. He would do the same too if his best friend was Park Jinyoung. 

As they kept talking on about random stuff, Mark wondered how Jackson would feel if he knew the truth. About his feelings. About everything.

----------------

Mark listened to the waves and looked around the beach that was close to the chalet. Jinyoung really did choose the right place.

"Where are we going?" Jackson asked, rubbing his hands together, "I don't want to leave Jinyoung alone."

"Don't worry, it's just a short distance walk. There's something I need to tell you today," he replied, repeating Jinyoung's direction in his mind. Just keep walking straight and make a right.

Finally they reached their destination. It was a wooden platform that outstretched towards the sea. The sight was beautiful and, complimenting the beautiful night sky, Jinyoung would have been proud.

"Jackson-ah," Mark started, looking at the blond haired boy. He also seemed to be captivated by the sight.

"I need to tell you something.."

------------------

"Did he really say that about me?"

Mark nodded, seeing that Jinyoung too was smiling gleefully. 

"Where's Jackson?"

Jinyoung smiled as he gave Mark an all-knowing look.

"You spent the whole day with him and that wasn't enough for you? Want to spend more time with him, huh?"

"Shut up," Mark mumbled, looking away as he felt his cheeks turning hotter. 

Perhaps it was how cute Mark looked when he thought about Jackson. Or how happy they were when Jackson finally arrived. He didn't know whether those were the reasons why Jinyoung felt the tightening pull on his chest, staring at the two boys in envy.

----------------

Jinyoung groaned as he felt the pounding in his head, his eyes slowly fluttering open. The darkness and emptyness of the room greeting him.

Looking out of the window, the night sky that was illuminated with stars greeted him. It was about time that Jaebum and the others came back.

About time that Mark and Jackson came back too.

He sighed as he lowered himself back down and the lamps at the side of his bed. The tightening of his chest came back, and more then ever, it seemed to be tighter than usual.

Just like magic, Jinyoung could hear the door unlocking with a beep and the footsteps walking up the stairs. 

There was a knock on the door before he stared at the taller hyung who stepped in. They stared at each other before Jinyoung broke the silence.

"How did everything go? Did he say yes?"

The silence between them became deafening and Jinyoung couldn't help but expect the worst.

"Mark... Mark Yi-En Tuan! Don't tell me you chicken out after everything I've done.."

"I confessed and told him the truth."

The grip on his chest became tighter, almost hurting now. He scooted towards the left and patted the empty space next to him.

Mark took that space and leaned down next to him, their faces only a few inches apart.

"How was it?" Jinyoung managed to choke out, despite the pain.

"He said yes."

"Ah.. I see," he replied. The pain was almost unbearable and he felt like crying all of the sudden. But why? He was suppose to be happy. He was supposed to congratulate them. But all he wanted to do was to be alone.

He quickly turned away, looking towards the ceiling, unable to continue looking at Mark. It just hurts too much.

"I told him that everytime we were alone, it was because you set us up. That you planned this whole thing and wanted us to be together."

The silence greeted them. Jinyoung cursed himself and tried his best to say something. All he could muster was a nod.

"But I told him he wasn't the one for me."

Jinyoung suddenly became confused. He refused to look back however. He couldn't.

"... Look at me, Park Jinyoung."

"I..." he tried to resist, but eventually turned his head towards Mark.

"I told him the truth. That I was in love with you. That ever since the beginning, I only had eyes for you..., that I love you. So I asked him for consent to start loving you."

"Mark...."

"Jackson said yes. He said how he finally knows that he had found the right one for you. He said that he could entrust you to me."

"But Jackson's consent means nothing if you don't. Park Jinyoung, do you want to be with me?"

Mark hesitantly waited for Jinyoung's reply. When the latter remained silent, he knew the answer. He was just about to stand up when he felt a sudden push on his chest.

"Mark Tuan... how could you do this to me. For the longest time, I thought we couldn't be together. Now you do this to me... how do you expect me to react..?"

"With the truth. Tell me the truth."

Mark smiled as Jinyoung, with the tears that started to flow down the bridge of his nose, nodded.

"Yes. I want to be with you."

--------------

SORRY FOR THE BAD QUALITY OF PLOT AND WRITING!! I had to rewrite it and this is obviously not as good as the original. I'll try better next time!!

- Jinyoungieeeee