Taste the Feeling

Taste the Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

so, this was going to be a short thing and it ended up being more than 3k, ha. what do you know? lol
ten's race is shiba inu, and he's very very veeery cute.
(the end is probably ty so i might write more about puppy!ten in the future, who knows?) (haven't checked it so sorry for possible typos!) (actually, i've checked it but i'm sure there's still typos so yeah!)

 

The day Ten gets adopted, he swears it’s the best day of his life.

His life had been pretty simple for the first days after he was born, crawling around and on his mother’s for more milk while he fights his brothers and sisters for it. He likes it here. Even if the room for them is a little closed, he still likes it. His mother cleans him with her tongue every once in awhile and even after she had pushed him to the side to continue with his siblings, he still snuggles up against her, making her his cute eyes. He doesn’t get bathed again, but she still his face, and it’s enough for him.

Ten is different from his brothers and sisters, different in color. While most of them are brown or black, Ten is the only one who is completely white. His mother tells him it’s okay, that it makes him special, and Ten believes her, because there’s no one as beautiful and wise as his mother.

There’s this human that comes every once in awhile. He provides food for his mother, so Ten likes him. He gets petted by this human, though not a lot like his siblings do. But Ten thinks it’s okay. Being completely white, it shows a lot more when he’s dirty, and this human tries to not pet him if he looks dirty.

One day, the human brought another human.

For Ten they’re all the same. Tall, twice or trice as his mother and with hair growing only on top of their heads and sometimes under their mouth, so Ten doesn’t think much about it, until the other human takes one of his sisters, Five, and takes it with him.

Five never returns, and Ten is slowly forgetting she even existed. His other siblings make it easy to forget, but his mother doesn’t. She cries, not all the time, but it makes the mood sour. The original human comes again, trying to console his mother, and Ten tries to stand up to bite him, but the human only laughs, and pets him.

When the next human came, Ten feared that they were going to take another one of his siblings.

This time it was Two. Two had a beautiful fur, even though being brown as the others, his was lightened up in an unique way. This time, Ten’s mother doesn’t cry as much. She says they’re going to better places, and that she knew it was going to happen, she just didn’t want it to happen so fast.

“Will I get taken too?” Seven asks, chewing one of her s with his gums.

“Yes, you’ll go with different families, and you’ll have people there to love you, just like Taeyong loves me.”

Oh, so that was the human’s name.

His mom talks and talks about how great of an owner Taeyong is, and Ten doesn’t believe it entirely, not until Taeyong finally lets them out in his garden one afternoon.

His steps are sloppy, but he feels kind of satisfied to see he wasn’t struggling as Six was, who was being literally pushed by their mother. He learns what grass is, and he loves it. He chews on it and even though the flavor isn’t as good as his mother’s milk, he likes it.

In no time he’s walking and even running over the grass. He plays with One, trying to see who reaches for the other’s neck first, when Taeyong comes and takes her away. One is very cute, so he thinks Taeyong will pet her, but as he gives One to another human, Ten understands.

She’s going with a better family, he thinks. He’s happy for her, but he’s sad too.

Sad because he would’ve liked to play with her a little more. Sad because, that means he can get taken anytime. But it’s a good thing, right? He’ll be loved where he is going, and that is all that matters.

There’s only four of them by the end of the month. Ten, Seven, Three and Six.

Being taken away stopped being such a bad thing at some point. Her mother loved them, and she tried to convince them that this really was a good thing, that there was nothing to fear and they could maybe have other dog friends where they’re going.

Ten starts to daydream about how could his future family be. Will it be only one human, like Taeyong has his mother? Or will it be a family, like when Four had gone away to a girl’s embrace while their parents looked down to him, happy?

Whatever that would be, he was going to like it.

But it just took too much time.

Six was the last one to go, before him.

Despite his mother’s comments about him getting adopted, Ten is losing his faith by the second month. Is he not cute enough? Does he have something funny on his nose? Or is everyone threatened by his color?

He bats himself in mud one day, trying to look like Six who went away before him and whose fur was black as the night. Maybe this way someone will want him, he figures.

But instead, and for the first time, he gets scolded.

It’s not harsh, but being the first time, Ten cries that night. Taeyong said he wasn’t a good puppy. That if he behaved this way, it would be far more difficult to make someone adopt him. And Ten believed him.

He grew attached to his mother, getting used to the idea that he would probably not get adopted, that this would be his family. His mother and Taeyong. A part of him is happy, but the part that dreamed about another family didn’t like it.

Then, one day, it happened.

Ten was minding his own business, biting off a very tasty bone when Taeyong arrived with his other human. They looked the same age, and Taeyong had been bringing boys a lot these days, so he doesn’t think much of it.

“So, there’s Ten.” Taeyong says, and Ten twitches his ear at the sound of his name.

“Ten? Why Ten?”

“Okay, don’t laugh at me, but since they were ten puppies, I just put a name of a number on each of them.”

The other human laughs out loud, ignoring Taeyong’s ‘I wasn’t think then!’. The human laughs so hard he falls onto the grass, and it’s maybe on purpose, but Ten runs to this human, ready to his face.

He has done it with Taeyong, and even though he doesn’t like it, he figures not all humans are the same. He does it because of that, and because this human smells extremely well.

Ten places his two front paws on the human’s hair and starts his forehead, reaching his eyes and nose. The human laughs even more, and Ten moves his tail in delight.

Then, the human takes Ten in his hands and lifts him up to stop, and to have a better look at him. Ten tries to get off at first, but after the human sits down and brings him near his heart, he stops.

He likes the smell of this human, and the ‘badum badum’ his chest makes against Ten’s ears. It’s fascinating, and Ten hopes this human will take him with him.

“So, do you want him or no?”

The human makes a thinking sound. “I don’t know man, I can’t really afford taking care of a puppy right now, I just came because you said he was cute.”

Ten doesn’t understand what he means, but he sees Taeyong’s frown and he sees that as a bad sign. So he does what he does best, make cute eyes and crying noises.

The human looks at him, thoughtful. “Ugh, why do you have to be incredibly cute, though?”

Ten wonders if moving his head to one side would make him look cuter, and after doing it and having

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter