One

Different Meaning

"Hyukkie!" 

"Yes hyung?" 

Hakyeon quickly went and sat next to Sanghyuk who was watching t.v on the sofa. They were alone at the moment, the other members decided to go out while they stayed at the hotel. Hakyeon took a breath to steady himself and ask his question before he lost the little courage he had. 

"Will you marry me?" 

"No." 

'What was I thinking? I shouldn't have said anything!' Hakyeon thought will trying to not show that his heart just broke a little despite already knowing the answer to his ridiculous question. 

"You have to be dating first before asking for marriage." Sanghyuk said while looking at Hakyeon with a small smile and a look in his eyes. 

'Did he just...only one way to know.' 

"Then will you go out with me Sanghyuk?" He asked, hoping he hadn't read wrong. 

"Y-yes hyung, I will." He answere his hyung with a blush. 

Later when they were outside and being filmed with Hakyeon's arms around Sanghyuk. He was telling the camera how he had proposed to Hyuk and that he was rejected, leaving out what happened after that of course. The viewers didn't need to know that. 

Hyuk knew he was not the best at expressing his feelings to others, especially in front of a camera. But for some reason he decided to make his hyung very happy by telling him how he felt about him at that moment. 

"I love you." 

"Did you just say 'I love you'"? 

Hyuk being Hyuk, he just ignored Hakyeon and continued singing but his heart was beating wildly and he was feeling light inside. He was happy and he was sure he just made his boyfriends day. 

He had a feeling their relationship would last. 

-------x------- 

"Hyung." 

"Yes Hyukkie?' 

They were alone in their dorm because the others had schedules and Hakyeon was able to come home early fom his schedule. They were watching t.v. in the living room.  

They had been dating for almost three years now. The members found out about them about a month after they started dating when they were caught kissing in the practice room by all of them. The teasing had lasted for a few months until they eventually grew tired of it (that was also when Hyuk started to throw s around). They still threw jokes here and there but it was rare. 

"Will you marry me Hyung?" Sanghyuk asked 

"That's my line Hyukkie," Hakyeon answered with a laugh. 

Hakyeon thought it was funny to ask Hyuk for marriage every once in a while. He was rejected every time of course. But lately Hyuk has kept thinking of actually marrying Hakyeon. He found that he would smile fondly and felt warm and fuzzy when he thought of spending his life with him, no longer afraid or uncertain like he had in the past. He had been waiting for Hakyeon to ask him to marry again but he hadn't so he had decided to take matters into his own hands. 

"I'm being serious. We've been dating for about three years. I love you more than anything. I need you more than anything. I want to share my life with you hyung. Only you." Sanghyuk said while taking Hakyeon's hands into his and looking him in the eyes with a serious expression. 

"A-are you really...?" Hakyeon can't believe what Hyuk is saying. It can't be true. 

"Yes I am." 

"You know we can't get married," Hakyeon said in a low voice. It was the painful truth. It didn't matter that in other places their kind of love was starting to be accepted. What mattered to them was that where they were their love was nowhere near to be accepted. 

"Not legally but we can still get married like the movie director. He is married to his husband despite the court rejecting their marriage application. A marriage isn't a signed paper, it's two people loving each other and sharing their life," Sanghyuk said while squeezing Hakyoens hands.  

"Aigoo, when did my baby get so wise?" Hakyeon said with tears in his eyes, "You know it won't be easy. We won't be able to tell everybody or be as public as others. We will have to be careful and act like we always do and possibly even deny our relationship. Are you sure you want to do this?" 

"As long as it's with you. So will you marry me?" 

"Yes. Yes I will," Hakyeon said with a bright smile, blushing and trying to hold back his tears. Sanghyuk then brought a hand up to cup Hakyeon's cheek and leaned forward and connected their lips They shared a kiss full of love and promises for their future. 

"Will we wear rings?" Hakyeon asked when they broke apart. 

"Well..." Sanghyuk said while the ring on Hakyeons hand that he still held in his own hand. Hakyeon stared at their hands and then realized what Sanghyuk meant. 

"But these are our friendship rings. We all have them. We can't." Hakyeon started while looking at Sanghyuk with wide eyes. 

"So what?" Hyuk scoffed, "There just called that and nobody wears them anymore. Besides, it will be just for us they don't need to know. It will be our little secret," He said with a sly grin. 

"Jaehwan still wears it" Hakyeon pointed out. 

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him." 

"Fine. Your such a manipulator,"Hakyeon gave up with a roll of his eyes and a sigh. 

"You still love me. You are married to me now," He said with a wide grin and kissed Hakyeon again.

He sure is and he wouldn't have it any other way. 

 


A/N: My first actual story. This is not in my 'First Glimpse' since I wrote this in like two days. I hope it was not too bad and that you enjoyed it.