ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

Tʜᴇ Sᴜɴ ɪɴ Hɪṡ ᴇʏᴇṡ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4
Too High, But Never too Tall Not to Fall For Him

 

 

Wonshik wouldn't stop tossing and turning, trying his best to fall asleep but to no avail. Nothing was working. All the events that happened on that fateful day started rewinding in his mind again and he felt like the whole world was closing in on him for how tormenting the images were as they flash before his eyes.

Let's break up. The words rang cruelly in his ears, and the pain was too much for him to handle. Tears started to spring from his eyes and a broken sob escaped his mouth. We're over.

"Why...?" The question hung in the empty space and it was left unanswered as he got out of his bed, and walked out from the dark confinement of his room.

His head throbs from the lack of sleep but he ignored it. What hurts more was the sound of his heart breaking for every sob that leaves him.

He walked out of the house without bothering to slip into his shoes or even just a pair of slippers. He didn't care if he would walk barefooted along the rough pavement of the road. Nothing mattered to him as of the moment as he let his own feet drag him to somewhere.

"Why...?" The same question hung in the air once again and it broke his heart even more as it continued to be left unanswered.

He continued to walk, not really taking in his surroundings. He knows where he was leading himself. He was aware where he was taking himself. It was like his mind was already set to autopilot; all the directions were already engraved deep in his mind and all that was left for him to do was to get there.

It was in the middle of the month of September; winter. Yet, it was like the cold didn't bother him at all as he was only in his thin pair of sleeping wear. Shivers crawl down his skin but it seemed like he was numb to it.

There weren't many people on the streets anymore seeing as it was already in the middle of the night. But there was still a handful of people that stopped in their tracks to stare and watch as a sixteen-year-old male walks barefoot only in his pair of thin pajamas in the middle of the night, in the middle of the month of September where snowfall starts, walking on the streets with tears streaming down on his cheeks. They stopped looking baffled and at the same time, worried.

 

 

Wonshik finally found the place. Without letting even half a minute pass him by, he walked inside and began to take the stairs. His soles were already bruised from walking nonstop, barefooted at that, and his lips have already changed its color due to the cold weather, but he just continued to ignore them.

He continued to take the stairs, grabbing on the railing to keep him balanced so as not to fall back down.

"What's the reason...?" A new set of words left his mouth as also a new set of tears crashed him.

He didn't stop, just continued to head up and when he finally reached the top, that's when Wonshik halted to push the closed door before him open. The door grits harshly against the rough ground and Wonshik flinches only a little. And when the door was fully open, a very cold wind blows welcoming him and that's when he finally registers how cold the night really was. Wonshik wrapped his arms around himself, rubbing on his opposite arms as he shivers at the cold. But that didn't stop him, still. He proceeds forward and stops when he reaches the edge. He was at a rooftop. Wonshik found the place just recently and it was the tallest building ever built in the city he lives in.

"What's your reason?!" He repeated, this time adding volume to his voice. And it echoed loudly until he was met with the dead silence of the cold night again. He was fully aware of what he was doing, of where he was and what was his reason for coming into such place. He consciously grabs on the railing tightly and though hastily, he hoisted himself up carefully until he was standing tall and steadily at the edge of the rooftop.

"Why did you do it?!" Wonshik erupted, not being able to hold back everything in anymore. He needed release already. He was too suffocated with all the unbearable emotions in him and he couldn't continue holding himself from exploding anymore. He was hurt. He feels so hurt.

"What was your reason?! Why did you end everything between us?! I thought you love me!" He was shouting but at the most broken tone of his voice.

He was hurting from the inside too much and his tears wouldn't stop from spilling out of his eyes. His eyes were burning from hot tears and his throat feels so sore and rough for every sob he lets out.

"Two years... Two ing straight years, but it was so easy for you to throw it all away. How could you...? Was everything only a joke for you?" He chokes out painfully.

The night was so dark and cold, and everything below was a blur to his eyes. There tiny spots of light from the street lamp posts but those were all he could see as he stands at the edge of the rooftop. He was way too high from the ground, and if he makes a wrong even the slightest wrong move, he could lose his balance and die from the fall.

But Wonshik didn't feel scared. He was not scared. Because, truthfully, ever since he was just a child, Wonshik has never been afraid of heights at all. He could climb up a tree that was four to six feet tall than him. He could stand in a stool placed on a table, and reached for his paper plane that got stuck on the ceiling fan after flying it. He could climb over the gates to sneak out at night and meet his best friends, Taemin and Jongin, at the karaoke bar ten blocks away from home, but never get caught by his overly strict parents. Wonshik has never been afraid of heights. Infact, he was even more scared with bugs and he always shriek unceremoniously every time a tiny little insect flies his way.

Wonshik, he actually finds comfort being in tall places. It soothes his mind every time he stands at the edge of a tall building and looks down to watch over the bustling people in every corner of the streets. Sometimes, he would just stare at the wide blue vast of the sky. Being in high places was where he could clear his mind and ables him to let out all of his troubles. It was like being in his places was where his comfort zone was.

So Wonshik cried so much, pouring out all of his pain regarding his break-up at the edge of the rooftop. He sobs pathetically, clutching on his chest, closing his eyes ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter