End

Last Love

Joohyun remembered it clearly the first time she saw Seungwan, at the university she was studying. The first time she land an eye on the cute hamster-like girl who is so bubbly and outgoing, the perfect girlfriend material according to Joohyun. Seungwan was everyone’s favourite, being the perfect student council president, and a bonus on being so beautiful, as if god spent extra time on carving her. Joohyun on the other hand, was just an ordinary girl. She is pretty, really pretty but Joohyun thought that Seungwan is prettier.

 

She couldn’t contain her happiness when Seungwan agreed to be her girlfriend (She couldn’t believe it either how an ordinary girl like her was able to date the university’s sweetheart). Joohyun jumped up and down, up and down the moment Seungwan said ‘yes’ to her. She thought Seungwan was just pranking on the latter.

 

“Are you serious? Please don’t said that you’re just joking because I really, really like you, Seungwan.” A cute flustered Joohyun said to Seungwan, in the middle of the hallway, not minding the eyes she was receiving by lots of students due to her lack of observation on how ridiculously loud she was that day. Even her bestfriend, Seulgi was glaring at her. But, Joohyun didn’t care, not at all. All she care was how beautiful Seungwan looked that day, cladding in her deep blue blazer complemented by her cute skater skirt having the same color as her blazer. How ing ethereal Seungwan looked in her student council’s outfit.

 

“I’m not joking, Joohyun. I like you too, very much.” Seungwan said, smiling from ear to ear (unintentionally making Joohyun’s face as red as the color of blood).

 

Boy, how ing lucky Joohyun felt that day.

 


 

Five years. It’s been five years since Joohyun and Seungwan started dating, and they’re as strong as ever. Sure there were fights but those two lovebirds will always find ways to solve their problems. Joohyun thought that what makes their relationship last longer than their peers, and Joohyun are grateful for it.

 

“Are you sleepy?”

 

It was one of the days Joohyun and Seungwan are lazing around in one of their apartments, and it seems like today its Seungwan’s apartment. Both of them already got jobs, but they still haven’t move in together, since Seungwan said that it isn’t necessary.

 

(“Wan-ah…” Joohyun said, while fidgeting her fingers. They were in the kitchen, Joohyun was sitting on the kitchen stool, while Seungwan was cleaning the dishes in the sink. Seungwan turned around and saw Joohyun’s finger-fidgeting moment and immediately knew that there was something bothering her girlfriend’s mind.

 

Abandoning all the unwashed dishes, Seungwan turned around and held Joohyun’s shoulders firmly, not forgetting to dry her hands before doing so.

 

“What’s the matter babe?” She asked, concerned were written all over her face.

 

“Can we… umm…” Joohyun stuttered. She hated when she stuttered in front of Seungwan. On the other hand, Seungwan smiled at the cute sight of Joohyun stuttering.

 

“Can we what?”

 

Instead of asking the original question, Joohyun changed her question. “Why won’t we live together? I mean, it’s been years since we’ve dated so-“

 

Seungwan shut Joohyun up by kissing the latter softly on the lips. Joohyun’s question was immediately left unfinished, not that she mind anyway, and since then she never really asked Seungwan about moving in together.)

 

“Yes.” Seungwan answered while yawning, the show they are watching was left unnoticed by her.

 

Smiling, Joohyun carried Seungwan bridal style, making the shorter of the two yelp in shocked, but secretly loved it. Joohyun huffed while carrying Seungwan to her bedroom and as soon as they arrived, Joohyun lay Seungwan gently on the queen-sized bed.

 

“Go to sleep Wan-ah…” Joohyun smiled and lay beside Seungwan. Seungwan quietly obeyed Joohyun and making herself comfortable on the bed.

 

“Hold my hand Hyun….” Seungwan yawned and lend Joohyun her hand. Smiling, Joohyun agreed and held Seungwan’s hand back, intertwining their fingers together.

 

“Goodnight Wannie~” Joohyun cooed, making her girlfriend blushed at the nickname given by her.

 

“Goodnight Hyun…” Seungwan scooted closer to Joohyun, not letting their hands go and fall asleep with a smile on her face.

 

It’s a habit of Seungwan, to hold someone’s hand if she’s sleepy. It is a weird habit Seungwan thought, but Joohyun thought the otherwise. To Joohyun, everything related to Seungwan is cute, her eating habit, the way she frowns whenever Joohyun eats chicken (Seungwan doesn’t want her lover to have constipation due to the chicken, again), and especially the Seungwan’s sleeping-holding-hand habit.

 


 

Joohyun and Seungwan was watching Netflix, and both of them were cuddling on the couch, Seungwan’s arm were around Joohyun waist while the latter placed her head on the crook of Seungwan’s neck, inhaling her girlfriend’s faint lavender scent. The commercial was currently displayed on TV and Joohyun yawned at the boring commercial. Out of the blue, Wendy’s commercial for their ghost pepper fries comes on. Joohyun virtually drooled at the sight of the slow motioned fries displayed on the TV. Seungwan saw Joohyun’s cute antics and giggled at the sight.

 

“It’s perfect if you’re hot for spice.” The girl on the commercial said as she was devouring the fries deliciously.

 

“You know who I’m hot for?” Seungwan asked the innocent Joohyun.

 

Before Joohyun could respond, Seungwan tackled Joohyun onto the couch, straddling her.

 

“You.” Seungwan said and devoured her girlfriend.

 

~~~

 

After their whole ‘devouring session’, both Seungwan and Joohyun was laying on the couch , with Joohyun on top of the latter.

 

“You could’ve just told me you’re instead of quoting those Wendy’s commercial line, Wan-ah.” Joohyun teased Seungwan, who is now blushing madly.

 

“I was afraid that you’ll reject me.”

 

“I will never reject you, my love.” Joohyun smiled warmly and kissed Seungwan on the lips.

 

That night, Joohyun was once again holding Seungwan’s hand till her girlfriend fall asleep, a routine she always enjoyed doing.

 


 

It was their 6th anniversary today and Joohyun was planning on a grand dinner with her beloved Seungwan. So here she was, inside one of the most famous restaurant in Seoul, about to have dinner with Seungwan. Joohyun dressed especially pretty today, wearing a purple a line dress Seungwan gave her on their 4th anniversary. She smiled warmly at herself and quickly walked to the main entrance of the restaurant.

 

“Reservation for Bae Joohyun, please.” Joohyun said to one of the workers in charge of the reservation.

 

“Oh welcome Miss Bae, let me assist you to your table.” The gentleman said and led the way to Joohyun’s reserved table, right at the corner of the renowned restaurant.

 

“Thank you.” Joohyun said as soon as she sat down and bowed at the man. The waiter bowed back before leaving Joohyun alone.

 

Fishing out her phone from her purse, Joohyun started texting Seungwan to tell the latter that she had arrived at the restaurant safely.

 

Joohyun: I’ve arrived safely Wan-ah. Where are you?

 

Seungwan: On the way, babe. Wait for me kay? ^^

 

Joohyun: I still have no idea why wont you let me pick you up :(

 

Seungwan: I don’t want to trouble you babe. Plus, I wanna surprise you with my outfit for today. I dressed extra pretty just for you, y’know? :P

 

Joohyun: Can’t wait! I am flattered Wan ;D

 

Seungwan: Don’t worry love! I’ll be there in a few!

 

Joohyun: Alright! Stay safe honey~

 

Seungwan: Will do! Xoxo

 

Smiling, Joohyun put her phone down on the table. Giggling while imagining how cute Seungwan must’ve look while texting her. Gosh, she really fell head over heel for that girl.

 


 

Joohyun was getting more worried. Seungwan promised to be there by 7:30 and it was 8:10 according to Joohyun’s wrist watch. Joohyun was sweating bullets, scared that something bad had happen to her girlfriend. Shaking her head, Joohyun ignored her negative thoughts, and instead blame on the bad traffic instead. But Seungwan would’ve avoid the traffic, since her house is just a few blocks away from the restaurant. Knowing Seungwan, Joohyun knew that Seungwan preferred to walk instead of using her range rover since the location is just a few blocks away from her apartment.

 

Walking out of the restaurant, Joohyun dialed Seungwan’s number while wiping the crazy sweat off her forehead. Hearing the other line was picked up, Joohyun immediately asked Seungwan her whereabouts.

 

“Wan-ah! Where are you? You’re late.” Joohyun asked worriedly, while frowning.

 

Instead of an apology, Joohyun was greeted by a voice of Seungwan that she scared the most. The voice of Seungwan in pain, too much pain.

 

“H-Hyun? I-I’m glad that you called.” Seungwan said, and Joohyun could sense that her voice was strained, as if she was holding herself from yelling the pain.

 

“Y-yah…” Joohyun started trembling. “S-stop joking and tell me where you are right now Seungwan.” Joohyun started to walk to the dark parking lot.

 

“I-I don’t know where I am… I-It’s dark Hyun… I-I’m scared…”

 

“D-don’t worry, I’ll b-be there…” Joohyun was in the verge of crying and quickly walked to every alley, every corner, and every place that is dark.

 

After running for a few minutes, as if god heard her prayers, Joohyun saw a figure lying on the cold ground on one of the alleys near the restaurant. Joohyun ran towards the figure and screamed in horror as she found a very weak Seungwan laying motionlessly on the ground.

 

“Seungwan!” Joohyun yelled and ran towards Seungwan. Joohyun sat on the ground, not minding that the dress that Seungwan gave her as a birthday present was now dirty and quickly embraced Seungwan’s cold body.

 

“W-what happened S-Seungwan??” Joohyun tried to sound calm but her voice betrayed her. “Why are you bleeding and why are there holes on your chest?!” Joohyun said and quickly put pressure on Seungwan’s chest. Indeed, there are exactly three holes on Seungwan’s chest, close to where her heart is. Bloods were flowing out of Seungwan's chest, covering their surroundings with her blood, lots and lots of her blood. 

 

Seungwan was shot, three times on the chest.

 

Seungwan didn’t answer, instead she closed her eyes in pain as soon as Joohyun put pressure on her chest.

 

“I-I’m gonna call an ambulance!” Joohyun said frantically and dialed the emergency number as soon as she took her phone out of her purse.

 

Seungwan looked at Joohyun and smiled in pain when she saw how worried her girlfriend was while talking on her phone.

 

“Hold on babe… The ambulance will be here in a few minutes. Just stay alive till then.” Joohyun said worriedly and kept her hand on Seungwan’s chest firmly.

 

“Hold my hand, Joohyun. I am falling asleep…” Seungwan responded and was about to close her eyes before she was stopped by Joohyun.

 

“N-no. Please don’t fall asleep… Not now…” Joohyun was trembling, and crying so hard that her sight was blurry with tears.

 

“I’m sorry, I t-think I couldn’t make it…” Seungwan spat out blood from , hitting Joohyun’s hand but the latter didn’t mind.

 

“Shut up Seungwan, I k-know you can.”

 

“I-I’m sorry...”

 

“S-stop saying sorry and keep fighting.” Joohyun sobbed before continuing, “I w-was just about to propose to y-you today.”

 

“Hah… f-funny. I was just about to do the same thing...” Seungwan voice was getting weaker as second passed by, and Joohyun was trembling so hard and was sobbing uncontrollably. Reaching for her coat’s pocket, Seungwan pulled out a black ring box, giving them to Joohyun. Joohyun took the ring box from Seungwan and opened it. Inside, it was a very beautiful purple-colored diamond with a bunny shape, Seungwan specially customized it for Joohyun. The sight of the cute ring make Joohyun sniveled and held to it tightly.

 

“S-stop crying. I hate it when you cry.” Seungwan smiled weakly and placed her right hand on Joohyun’s left cheek, wiping Joohyun’s tears off. Seungwan has no more energy to lift her other hand but didn’t tell the latter, since she doesn’t want Joohyun to bawl her eyes off more. Half of her body was literally paralyzed but she didn’t even tell Joohyun. Blood was smeared all over Joohyun’s body and especially her cheek, but she didn’t mind. All she cared about was making sure Seungwan was alive and will be alive until the ambulance arrived.

 

“Joohyun-“

 

“Stop talking.” Joohyun cut Seungwan’s words off and kept pressuring on Seungwan’s heart, where the bullets went through.

 

“C-can’t you see? I am dying, Hyun…” Seungwan spat more blood, and her face was in agony. Never in her life have she ever felt this pain before.

 

“W-Wendy please don’t die... I c-can’t live without you.”

 

Hearing her English name, Seungwan smiled weakly, since it’s been a long time Joohyun said that name, the name Joohyun created for her.

 

“H-hold my hand please, Irene. I’m sleepy.” Seungwan begged, using Joohyun’s name that she created for Joohyun too.

 

Crying harder, Joohyun held Seungwan’s left hand tightly, not forgetting to intertwine their fingers together. Seungwan’s left hand was painfully cold, and Joohyun could feel it. Every strings of her heart was in the verge to snap. Seeing Seungwan dying, it was a total nightmare for Joohyun, and it seemed that her nightmare was becoming real.

 

“G-Goodnight Irene…” Seungwan said weakly and closed her eyes, her right hand was still on the latter’s cheek.

 

“N-No please don’t say that Wendy. Don’t die please?” Joohyun begged and begged but was replied with Seungwan’s short breathing.

 

Irene placed her lips on the latter’s bloody one, not minding the bitter-metal-like blood taste. Joohyun kissed Seungwan’s lips softly, so soft that the latter almost didn’t notice it. “I l-love you, Wan…” Joohyun break the kiss while staying so close that she was murmuring into each other’s mouth. Seungwan’s mouth was so cold, as if she was dead, half of her is.

 

“I love you too, Hyun… W-Will you marry me?” Seungwan murmured back, her breathing was getting shorter and shorter.

 

“Of course I will love…” Joohyun cried hardly and held Seungwan around her tighter, not wanting to let her lover slip off her hand.

 

“Let’s get married and have a h-happy family…” Seungwan smiled weakly and looked at Joohyun for a short while, using last bit of her energy to say those words, before closing her eyes forever, her right hand fell of Joohyun’s cheek to the cold alleyway, and heaved her last ever breath.

 

That was the last time Joohyun ever saw Seungwan alive, hear the last ever words Seungwan will ever said, and Seungwan died on Joohyun’s hand, Seungwan died on the person she loved the most.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: OKAY FIRST OF ALL I AM SORRY IF THIS ISNT WHAT YOU’VE EXPECTED BECAUSE OF THE ENDING AHAHAHAHA *get slapped* *get thrown by a chair* I DIDN’T ENTIRELY TELL YOU GUYS THE WHOLE PROMPT HAHAHA IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ‘Person A always holds Person B’s hand till B falls asleep. One day B gets shot and is bleeding pretty bad. When Person A hurries to rescue them, Person B says: “Hold my hand, I am falling asleep.” HUHUEHUEHUE

 

Anyway, the reason I wrote angst this time is because I always wrote fluff so a little bit of angst won’t hurt, rite? Hehe

 

Hope you enjoy and please do comment/upvote if you enjoyed this story!

 

Ps: MY HEART HURT WRITING THIS TOO ESP WHEN WENDY ASKED IRENE TO MARRY HER I AM CRYING INTERNALLY IMAGINE ME WRITING THIS WHILE LISTENING TO RED VELVET’S SAD SONGS *SOBS*