The night I died_1

The night I died.

"No...We can't" That's the last thing he said before he walked away...

He promised me he will always be here for me, protecting me from everything and everyone.

He said I'm his queen, he told me I was special, he said that I was the only one. He said that he would prefer to hurt himself than to hurt me... That's what he said... that's what he made me believe. 

Now here I am walking in this empty street not knowing where to go, holding a bottle of whiskey taking small sips while the tears are running down my face. My mascara and lipstick are ruined, I'm ugly, I feel ugly, I feel like a clown, having to pretend to everyone I'm alright to laugh like nothing's wrong, to say his name and not to show them how hurt I am. I fooled them. Like he fooled me. 

"Why?! Tell me why we can't!" I shouted to no one. "Why can't we be...together?" I wispered the last part. 

I sat down in the middle of the road hoping a car will pass over me. I closed my eyes and I opened them again, cause as soon as I closed them I saw his smiling face, I'm sure he's enjoying himself with her right now. 

I took out my phone and I dialled his number, I wasn't sure if I should call him but now, I'm not sure about anything. I pressed the call button and I waited for him to answer, it felt like it was ringing for hours until he finally answered. 

"Hello?" It was a womans voice. Her voice. I quickly closed the phone and threw it on the road.  I was right, he's with her. How dare she answer his phone, he never let me do that.  

I stood up and walked towards the cliff. I could see the whole city from there. I smiled remembering how much he loved watching the city in the night. I remember our road trips in the midnight. I must had to much to drink because I felt a little dizzy. I walked towards the edge and I looked down... "If I fall no one would care " as I said that he called me. 

"Hey, you called me, sorry I was in the shower, you wanted something?" 

"Tell me why...why can't we?" I sobbed. 

"Where are you?"

"Does it matter?" 

"Yes! Tell me where are you..." He demanded.

I smiled... "You sound like you care..."

"I do ing care, just because we're not together doesnt mean I dont care about you as a person."

He's making this worse.

"Hey... remember our road trips?"

"Yea?"

"You're right, the city does look beautiful in the night."

He stayed silent. "You know I never really understood what you liked about the city..."

"Maybe it's because you never really tried to look at it different like I have.." He finally said back.

"Yes, you're right, I was too busy admiring you admiring the city. You looked like a kid who received a present" I laughed.  

"I'm coming to get u"

"You dont know where I am"

"There's only one place you can see the city clearly."

"Dont come"

"Anna, please listen to me, you will find someone better than me. You dont deserve a guy like me."

"And does she?" 

"Please to bring Tina in this. In 5 minutes I'll be there wait me let's talk"

"I told u not to come I just want an answer. Why?"

"...." He didnt answer. Of course what would he say?

"I hope she'll give you what I wasnt be able to give u all these years."

"You gave me a lot, and thank you. I just think this isn't going to work out anymore, we want different things."

I breathed in before I laughed again. "You want different things! I still want you."

I heard a car coming my way...It was him. He really came. 

"You really came..."I said not even looking back.

"In 2 minutes I'll be there." 

"What? Then who-"

That night I died.