Last chapter for Goodbye Summer...

Goodbye Summer..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn’t let what she said get to me. Of course, I needed to understand her. I’m a few months older than her anyway. She didn’t talk to me for weeks. Then one night she knocked on our doorstep. 

“Sooyeon…”

“What do you want?” Of course I played hard to get. You don’t get a notch higher in life if you do things simple.

“You”

“What??”

“I want you to forgive me, silly.” She mimicked what I said during our first meeting. She held both of my hands.

“And what if I don’t?” I took my hands back and crossed them over my chest.
“I’m going to stay here all night.” 

“Good night then.” I was about to close the door when…

“C’mon Jessica. I know you can’t stand me…” I arched a brow.

“That’s it. You’re sleeping with the dog.” I closed the door but Sooyoung pushed it. 

“Look, I’m really really really sorry. She kneeled down.

“Okay. Okay. I forgive you. Go home and take a bath. You’re hair is messed up.” 

She ran her fingers through her now short hair. “Don’t you like it?”

“Hmpf. I don’t. It makes you look like a tomboy.”

“But I am one.” She grinned at me.

“Shut up and go home. Good night.”

“Thanks Jessica. You’re the best.” She leaned forward and kissed me on the cheek. Then she skipped away and headed home. I was left there shaking my head.

That night, I pestered my parents into moving me into Sooyoung and Tiffany’s new school. With my parents’ connections, everything was settled in a snap. The next week, I entered the new school. I roamed my eyes for any sight of Sooyoung. I saw them sitting on a stone table not far away. I made my way to them when someone pulled me back. I turned and looked up to a tall tanned girl. 

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“I’m going to Sooyoung.” I pulled my arm back and walked, but she pulled me back again.

“You can’t.”

“And why is that?”

“Geeks can’t come near the Primes.”

“Geek?? Are you calling me a geek?”

“You look like one.” I checked myself. Thick, large eye glasses. Long brownish black hair. Lots of books on hand. And high socks. I looked at the girl in front of me.

“If I’m a geek, then you’re one too.”

“Yes, I am. It takes one to know one.” She smiled. “I’m Kwon Yuri. And you’re?”

“Jung Sooyeon.” I smiled back.

“c’mon, I’ll tour you around.” We walked at the halls of the schools.

“What are the primes?”

“Primes are the most popular students in this school. They’re popular because of their beauty and charisma. There’s Gyuri…Hara…Lizzy…Tiffany…then Amber and most importantly, Sooyoung…”

“Sooyoung? I didn’t know she’s that popular here.”

“Girls could kill just to have Sooyoung. But they can’t take on Tiffany. They know they’ve got nothing on that gem. Anyway, you can’t go near them. It would be social suicide. They will just embarrass you in front of the whole student body. I tell you, the primes are a bunch of no-good girls.” I just nodded as my answer. The bell rang, signaling the start of the class. Sooyoung isn’t my classmate, but luckily, Yuri is. 

There. I didn’t know my dorky best friend is part of the coolest group in school. When I had the chance to talk to her in private inside the girls’ bathroom, she was genuinely surprised. I hugged her first but she didn’t hug back. 

“What are you doing here?”

“I transferred here so we can do things together again.”

“Jessica, I really appreciate that but…”

“You have a reputation to take care of right?”

“Well, it’s sort of like that.”

“Okay. I understand. You do your own thing and I’ll do mine.”

“Thanks for understanding Jessie.” This time she was the first to hug me…I hugged her back.

I was kind of disappointed at her for acting like that. I mean, since when did popularity mean so much to her? I thought things would be better between us but they did not. She would still miss out on our plans. After a few months, I’ve grown numb about it and I just brushed it all off. One night she came knocking on my door again. This time her eyes are swelling.

“What happened to you?” I pulled her inside the house and dragged her to my room.

Sooyoung jump on my bed and cried her heart out. “Tiffany broke up with me.”

“what??? Oh no…I’m going to kill that bi-” Sooyoung threw a pillow at me.

“You should be comforting me Jessica…” I sat on the bed near her and patted her head. 

“Aish. I told you cheerleaders are trouble.” Sooyoung sat up and hugged me tightly.

“I don’t know what to do now Sica…”

“Everything will be fine. You don’t need her.” Sooyoung released her hug and looked at me.

“You’re right. I don’t need her as long as I have you.” She hugged me again. 

That night she slept beside me. She hugged me real tight, as if I’m some kind of bear or stuffed toy. Every night after their break-up, Sooyoung would sleep over night at our house. My parents and hers didn’t mind since we’ve been friends since we’re kids. Every night when she hugged me, I felt happy and good inside…and the best part of it was waking up to see her face beside me. I wondered if it was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter