You're Different

I Think I'm Falling(For You)

 

Mina knew far before she even considered her options. Even after she chose, those thoughts were only reassured. But like the stubborn person she was, she repressed those thoughts. Promising herself that she would not fall for Kim Jae Hee. Until of course, she did.

 

Jae Hee leaned against the doorframe as she stared at Mina. “I’m sorry what?” She asked, a smirk playing at her lips.

 

Mina blinked unaffected by the look that usually made her weak in the knees. “No strings attached.”

 

“Are you trying to tell me you want to be friends with benefits?”

 

“No I’m telling you that you are, as of now.” Jae Hee was surprised by her boldness

 

“And why me exactly, why not go out and find some random person to fulfill your needs.”

 

“I have a very tight schedule as a student and a TA I don’t have tie to scour the campus for a bad one night stand.” Jae Hee stepped towards Mina with a raised brow. “Sounds like you’re just using me for your own pleasure.”

 

Mina’s facade seemed to drop for a moment. “Do you mind?”

 

“Well if it’s with you then not at all.”Jae Hee leaned in as if to seal their deal, only to be stopped by Mina’s wavering hand. “Of course there are a few rules.”

 

Mina held up a finger. “We will only sleep together on your bed.” Jae Hee opened but Mina held up a second finger stopping her. “If the other begins a relationship we will stop immediately.” She held up the third and final finger. “Never and I mean ever tell anyone about this.”

 

Jae Hee wrapped her hands around the shorter girl. “Anything else?” Mina shook her head as she waited for her next move. Jae Hee whispered a “good” before pulling her into her room.

 

------

 

The plan went accordingly for a while. Jae Hee fulfilled Mina’s needs, while keeping their little secret exactly that. Communication between the two was minimal, it’s be more of catching each other's eyes or passing looks. Nothing too serious. At one point things had been going so well, Mina considered telling her friends about it. She decided against it, as she liked the idea of having her own secret.

 

So how does one exactly cross the line of love and lust? Mina could probably trace that back to when you began to grow close. It had been raining that day. Mina had just returned from her morning run. She passed by Jae Hee’s door noticing the girl’s eyes were glued to her screen. Mina knocked on the open door, catching the other’s attention.

 

“Shouldn’t you be in class?” Jae Hee shook her head with a chuckle. “It’s raining.”

 

Mina gave her an unimpressed look. “I’m sure getting a little rain on yourself isn’t going to help.” Jae Hee only shrugged. “It’s already too late the professor closes the doors  thirty seconds after the bell so.”

 

“That’s extremely irresponsible of you, Kim Jae Hee.”

 

“Don’t tell me you’ve never skipped before princess?” Jae Hee asked teasingly, already knowing the answer.

 

Mina looked away, trying to hide the blush that had either come from the nickname or her embarrassment.

 

“I unlike you value my attendance record.” Min defended

 

“”Princess this isn’t high school the only thing that really matters are the exams.”

 

“So you’re saying I should skip school?” Mina asked stepping into the room

 

“Maybe just this once, for me.” Jae Hee reasoned, not realizing she’d already had the girl sold on the idea. Mina was about to lay on the bed when Jae Hee stopped her with her hand. She turned to the table, grabbing one of the many sweatshirts that lay on the top.

 

She handed it to Mina who wore a confused expression. “I’m not letting you wet my bed.” She said suppressing the dirty side comment that could’ve been made. Mina shrugged the sweatshirt on, liking how it covered her body. She laid beside the girl who had just pressed the play button. The sound consumed the silence as they laid peacefully together.

 

Not much watching actually happened considering, Mina had fallen asleep in Jae Hee’s arms barely ten minutes after. When she woke Jae Hee had been gone, leaving her with a note. “You look cuter when you’re wearing my clothes.” Mina tossed the note before laying back onto the bed. Which would soon become a habit.

 

------

 

So maybe after that Mina still turned a blind eye to that. But her conscience kept up with every moment. One moment in particular, after one of their ‘busy’ nights. Around the time Mina’s thoughts became consumed by Jae Hee.

 

It was like any other day. Class had just been let out, for Mina at least. She been walking with her friends, when her phone buzzed. She couldn’t help but smile at the name.

 

“So last night was nice, I can still feel your nails on my back.”

 

Mina smirked proudly, she pulled her hair back, snapping a picture of the hickeys that stained her neck. “Only good? I’m hurt but the thought of your lips on my neck is driving me crazy.”

 

“If you want more all you have to do is ask, princess.” She felt her face begin to turn rd, glancing up to make sure no one noticed.”

 

“I’ll have to pass,on that, if you give me anymore I’ll have to start wearing scarves.”

 

“I don’t see a problem with that.”

 

“Fall just began Jae Hee.”

 

“Mmm then would you settle for tteokbokki and a movie instead.” Mina decided to end the conversation letting Jae Hee guess for herself. “What are we?” Mina wondered as she stuffed her phone back into. Her thoughts only lasted a few minutes before jumping into her friends conversation.

 

-------

 

Mina knew the moment she realised her true feelings. Like any normal day she’d been laying in bed with Jae Hee. Only unlike most times they were fully clothed. Jae Hee had run a hand through her hair. “I’m gonna cut it.”

 

Mina grabbed Jae Hee’s hands from her hair. “You can’t I like it how it is.”

 

Jae Hee smiled at the shorter girl. “Fine I-” She was cut of by the buzzing from her phone. She slid her finger over the answer button, putting the phone to her ear. Mina didn’t listen too much to the conversation. Until Jae Hee’s words struck her. “No I’m just with a...friend.” She talked more, not noticing Mina preparing. Just as Mina’s hand reached for the knob Jae Hee called for her.

 

“Mina where are you going?”

 

Mina turned with a sigh. “I have to go.”

 

“Why you just got here.” Jae Hee stood, noticing the change in Mina’’s attitude.

 

“Jae Hee we can’t do this anymore.”

 

“Do what-Mina just talk to me.”

 

Mina shook her head before turning towards the door again. “There’s nothing to talk about, I guess I just wanted a little too much.” Was the lst thing she said before slamming the door, leaving Jae Hee in shock.

 

-------

 

It had been two weeks since they spoken. They hadn’t seen each other since that day, Mina chose to stay with Momo. While Jae Hee stayed at their dorm house alone. The effect feeling could have on a person could only be known from experience. Which Mina and Jae Hee discovered in those two weeks they were apart.  The feeling they’d both get when any of their friends would ask about the other.

 

If Mina would have had it her way, she would have never seen Jae Hee again. But fate has a way of doing things. Which is why Mina had currently been in her room packing as many clothes as possible. Unfortunately for her though she hadn’t noticed the taller girl standing there.

 

“Mina, we need to talk.” Mina jumped at the voice cursing her untimeliness. “I told you before Jae Hee, there’s nothing to talk about.”

 

“Really? Because I think there is.”

 

“It doesn’t matter.” Jae Hee ran a hand through her cut hair with a frustrated sigh. Mina had to fight the urge to touch her hair. “Mina you’re not the only one who gets to decide that.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because there are two of us in this situation, and you can’t just up and leave like you did!”

 

“Would anything have changed!” Mina asked not trying hide her frustration anymore.”Would you have wanted something to change?”

 

Jae Hee cupped the shorter girl’s face. “Mina of course I wanted something to change and I still do.”She pulled Mina into a soft kiss. “You’re more than just a person I sleep around with, I want those strings attached, I want you.”

 

Mina chuckled wiping the light tears away from her eyes. “I want you too Kim Jae Hee.”


So maybe falling in love isn’t such a bad things after all.