One

Little eternity

(*notes for unknows words at the end )

 

 

You, surely were in love ,right? Many times at that,am I right?Yes,yes.However You stil don’t know what love is.You don’t ,I’m telling you.You cried whole night? Slept bad for maybe whole month? Maybe you wrote songs and played a bit with suicide? Of  course I know how that is,but that isn’t love.

Love is something else.

Ten years ago I was man full of dignity and pride,I had my own house,friends and as tradition went to theater every weekend,allowed myself to buy some luxury here and there as treat to myself,summer vacations and little but rare collection of glisks.However as much my comfortable life pleased me,I could live without all that,without hunting and expensive wine with breakfast,all of that I would exchange for something more exciting. It grew gradually in me and woke up something ,the passion and burning,it pulled me to do different things in life,to change my usual routine,I have to admit the taste of that change was royal pain but with sweet taste.

As the day slowly retreated leaving pinkish trails behind I was wiping dust from my typewriter,the one that costed me much because of a stingy gobli,after my last travel Sunggyu found us house in woods,it was usually quite however I did get few warnings about my neighbours in that forest .

I saw Sunggyu leaving his bike in front of gate and crossing little yard with cheerful steps,already starting to talk.

‘’Hyung,It’s all set ,however let me remind you ,you still didn’t tell me reason why we are moving’’ He sat across me on wooden chair and shifted a bit in his seat uncomfortably.

‘’Well…..now that you aren’t working I guess I can spare some time and tell you ,but let’s get some coffee first ,and no ,I will make them myself, your wand makes me have trust issues’’ I caught his little eyes squeezing even more to my words as I stood up.The aged wood under my feet squeaked with every step ,now that I had to say goodbye to house we lived probably 50 years in, makes me sentimental,vanilla and smells of old wood now became cozy.

We moved to library from terrace ,the wind was getting chilly and I could bet some Taoties were enjoying their night stroll,I really find pleasure in not meeting them.

‘’Now what happened’’ He crossed his legs ,drinking from big mug and hugging a pillow.(He really needed to let go of pillow,two hands were needed for his mug ,really cute if you ask me)

‘’You know the time we were crossing Nepshon’s river,there I saw gumiho ,we talked a little and I learned she grew up in china but had to move ,because of new laws—‘’

‘’You do know they are sneaky af right?’’ He leaned forward a bit ,interested and bit annoyed

‘’Don’t cut me’’ I shifted searching more comfort in chair ‘’So as I was saying I bought a glisk from her,however later when we were resting in tents ,I wanted to try making ‘’little enternity’’, you know the spell I told you about,and somehow and that moment gumiho was coming in and saw me,of course she didn’t say anything ,but next day –‘’

‘’YOU LIED!!!’’ He yelled ,almost slipping coffee on himself

‘’You cut me again….’’ I sighted

‘’I thought you were sick that’s why we were leaving early,you know I didn’t get to see Feng Huang being born because of that!You know they are born only there and yet,….whaa,,you better have good excuse ’’His eyes got bigger ,I know he wasn’t angry ,….or I hope so,so I went on

‘’I think she knew,and she reported it ,of course we had to leave,you know even now this moment is dangerous’’ I looked at him with regret,I knew how much he wanted to see that magnificent act,however my dear friend always understood me

.’’You mean…..like she knows that you’r Wilphanis,,,,Wooyoung-ahh’’I felt his voice shaking

‘’Don’t use my name……now you get it ,as soon as we can move, it’s better, last time they found us in less than 3 days’’

‘’But hyung can’t you make some magic that will protect us then? Why do we always have to run?’’He was feeling sorry ,I could see pity in his eyes,or was I again imagining I wouldn’t know

‘’I can’t now…..’’ I stood up ,looking at my white fluffy slippers ,he without word came slowly ,hiding in my embrace .

I looked always with new pleasure at his loveable figure,that unexpectedly became so close and dear to me.I accepted his quite presence in my inner world with ease and gratefulness ,same way we accept cherry blossom in spring and smell of freshly cut grass in summer,without wondering and excitement but with great pleasure.He was a part that I would cherish with all I can,I moved my wand a bit toward the little harmony near bed ,the soft melody started playing,lulling him to dream land even more,I took one last glance at his newly formed scar on hand,black again,and started writing in my diary.

‘’I think they found out again,the soft melody and Gyu’s smile look so lovely again,I read the article he gave me about Qxing forest,except regular Taotie’s ,everything is bearable, there are actually many Feng huangs and I see now why he choose that forest,as I remember reading there is also few dragons,,,rare indeed,don’t remember last time I saw one,,,,again as always I pray for safety of what I have left,,

Till we meet again my dear I will remember’’ I closed the already thick and old book,filled with my secrets and adventures, my little abysses and fears, and went to bed sloping down next to Gyu,even tho I might get hit for it tomorrow.

I woke up to see Sunggyu already packing,I  got up and started helping him while after ,I realized how many years flew by, how many travels me and my dear friends went through , novels could be written. I packed all books in bag I bought in Siberia four years ago ,it was really useful  and since gnome selling it gave it for rather cheap price (surprising indeed) I used it with joy, of course dealing with many complains on it’s ‘’ugliness’’ from man (khm) that is daltonist. Closely looked we left with two bags and Gyu’s  ingrum.

House was hidden deep in forest, dead leaves crumpled under my feet and I almost stepped on few pixies,but walk to there was rather calming with few savicorns making us company,really friendly creatures, anxiety was of course like spikes waiting behind corner,I was in fear they would find us,those self-claimed ‘’leaders’’ ,rather selfish and filled with greed man.

Even wind was soft as silk on this mountain even tho a bit chilly,we unpacked ,but as soon as I stepped into house I could feel something strange,something making me uncomfortable,as if tree’s had eyes ,or was it smell of grass the new little cabin had.

When Sunggyu went out I started organizing things, the more older I got the more I wanted to do things myself. I saw an old piano in corner of living room,acctualy whole house had one big room ,bathroom, and attic.That piano was so familiar to me ,as if I saw long lost friend or lover I felt tears on my cheeks ,the white cover was dusty tickling my nose when I lifted it.With careful and gentle moves I sat on black chair, letting my fingers ghost over keys,they looked so soft as if every key could make tear fall,yet strong enough to leave undying impression of power.Suddenly I remembered ,as a Wilphanis I had to take care of my body well,but my tiny structure and fragile body didn’t help it,I got up taking my pills and continuing to put books on shelves until Gyu returned.

Next day I felt same uncomfortable feelings ,the longing and passion,something was burning.Sunggyu again today left to see for any news.I was left alone snuggled in cozy blankets with coffee ,it was rather calm afternoon in warm cabin,until I felt a cold touch on my shouder,fear was crawling under my skin and engraving in bones in seconds,my wand was on table,would I be fast enough ? Yet I didn’t move an inch…….

‘’Wooyoung-ah…..’’ voice was divinely sweet ,pure ecstasy actually,deep but warm,with much understating and years I couldn’t count ,I could feel it waited long……somehow

The touch was still cold on my skin ,I slowly turned around and was met by nigh black eyes,stars reflecting in them would look magnificent,male was sitting next to me ,his facial expression little melancholic with sorrowful smile ,soft features and wide shoulders.I didn’t know him,but his gaze was as if we knew from moment I took my first breath.

‘’Who are you?’’ I was still curled up in blanket ,trying to shift to right ,little bit closer to table

‘’I’m …..dragon,I live in this area so I thought I could introduce myself,sorry if I was rude or startled you’’He said with delicate smile moving his hand from my shoulder, I don’t know why a skeptical person like me didn’t take the wand now that it was so close

‘’I’m Junho’’ He spoke again standing up ,his body could easly overpower mine ,I better grab damn wand,but why was I trusting him and waiting,I got frustrated with myself

‘’Well for some reason you know my name,..I live here with my friend Sunggyu and his ingrum,whose name is irrelevant in this moment I think’’ He laughed innocently ,and it was such pleasureable melody to my ears as if I lived to hear that giggle again.

‘’His name is Fay I believe’’ turning around to white rabbit with wings he smiled again

‘’How—‘’ I started interested

‘’I suppose I can read minds ,maybe a little ‘’ I was really interested now,if he could tell me more,it may help my new spell

‘’Please make yourself at home,I’ll bring you coffee’’ Twinkle in his dark eyes lit up even more,he was really divinely beautiful .

After I brought us coffee I still had my wand under blanker just in case ,no matter how many walls I wanted to put up in front of this dragon ,his words always managed to make me forget and enjoy the moment of little talk.

After weeks we became friends, we would go take strolls ,he thought me some useful hacks how to see savicorns more often or how to appetency of Pheonix ladies that burned every night in their dance ,dancing until they die and born with sun again.Those sights were really incredible, but something still made me uncomfortable and skeptic about Junho.He was lonely dragon here in woods ,really nice for change and playful unlike his appearance ,I still really liked twinkle in his eyes.

Months passed by and Sunggyu’s ingrum found a mate ,he was always really busy watching over Feng Huangs, and when I had free time I would write a bit, I did long for our adventures around coutries,but that longing was slowly getting replaced ,the longing for presence.

Two years passed after that I watched this quite life unfolding ,when I was coming back from town I heard Junho and Gyu talking ,simple yet cute talk,why don’t I have any tallies on my hands ,only a black scar .Junho was curious  about lot of things,and I blindly trusting in end gave in.

Junho over years became my friend and no matter how I rejected he would sneak under my sheets leaving soft kisses on neck, he was indeed pure ,young ,innocent dragon……somehow

After the war started my body started getting worse and worse by day,I saw many Leprechaun’s coming to china,few pegasuses and even lost ghoul.Sunggyu was out of town getting supplies and glisks needed for my treatmet.Junho was shaking and pacing around house all the time,he would play piano with hope in eyes that after song finishes I could still make us some good coffee and we could take our usual strolls.

After few weeks it was almost impossible to go out,I was slowly losing myself,hope was just a really thing string I thought was bridge and under that ‘’bridge’’ was really deep river od disappointment and despair.

Sunggyu was still giving me medicine and when I almost lost my hope I was getting better,Junho was less to be seen,but I supposed he was busy.

After two more months I could walk again we were now in different house for time being and Juho went along,but I didn’t see him much,war was still ongoing and now more than ever my species was on hunt,either we agree to help or get killed so we don’t help other side.

Sunggyu lost his cheerful smile for some reason…..after he went out I found a letter I one of his books,it was from Junho,and my arms were shaking,was it fear ? probably……

‘’Wooyoung-ahh

My life had meaning with you,and for that I thank you,indeed I was lonely ,and yes I was waiting when you found me many years ago,I was waiting for you.You wouldn’t remember now and don’t try ,but we were friends before that,we had many moments I want to cherish, the first bike ride and how golden and enchanting your eyes looked on that sunny day,if I could do one more thing it would be to live again with you,even if it means dying over and over.

Sunggyu won’t tell you this,it’s probably miracle you found this letter…..You were sick and absent for days ,there was nothing we could do,so I had to gave you my glisks ,please understand, now I’m too weak to live ,but I don’t regret it even a bit, because with you I knew what happiness was and even if I had houndred more lives I would give every single one to you

Till you remember I will wait, and I will love you no matter what….somehow but I will

Junho’’

The anger and desire ,longing and regret mixed in his little soul, Wooyoung was dying while reading it,and yet Junho prayed he would live? The time was slow and Wooyoung was daring more and more to make that one forbidden spell, the one that will kill him but not Junho, but after sobbing ,hitting walls and smashing for whole day ,he was left on flor helpless, he wished he could die as well ,he didn’t want life like this, it wasn’t living, the uncomfortable yet warm feeling were now gone like wind and he longed,

More than ever…..not waiting fore more,he took his wand and started building, doors and chambers ,it was a big castle, but empty just many doors ,it was narrow and only had many frames in which pictures should come.Every ounce of energy left in his veins ,till his fingertips he gave them all in ,he slowly but surely made the one he longed for so much ‘’little eternity’’.

The spell was representing memories ,all of them,and every door was a different one ,he knew going in that spell was suicide ,but the pain was exhausting ,he was tired and lived much anyways eve tho he looked 20. With gentle moves of his wand the boy he put the spell in closed.

Wooyoung was on line beetwen life and death,he didn’t die,but he lived in past, he discovered the memories Junho talked about, he lived them trought, he found out why he forgot them,and how magical it was to live trought those memories, just to watch and open new door every day, and when he comes to last one,he leaves it ,,,,he knows last one isn’t the one he wants to live in,so he goes back to first one,the moment their eyes really met for first time,how devine Junho was and how everything was so innocent.If asked now Wooyoung had no regrets ,he wanted to live in past, it was happy, because present without Junho now wasn’t life.

Till they remember we shall wait….my dear friends

___________________________________________________________________

 

Ingrum --- white rabbit with big white wings and long tail,friendly but sneaky sometimes,the ends of his fur are black

Wilpahis--- the rarest species of wizards that make magic,they are highly wanted for their skilly,but in wrong hands and feeligs they make evil spells

Tallies on hands---if one meets the one he loved but the other one dies or leaves he gets a scar ,Junho had just one,when Wooyoung left him and Sunggyu-….well he easily fell in love,but really sensitive when getting over it

Savicorn—little dears with horn like unicorn but long talk fluffy at end, easily scared but when someone is suffering or has great pain in their heart them follow them or just appear ,wanting to comfort them,but despite that rarely seen,,Junho and Wooyoung were playing a lot with them even as kids…..

Feng Houng—Pheonix

Glisks-dragon hearts have many parts made up from glisks that have healing abilities, but if lost to many dragon can’t live in this case Junho had just one left from 10 ,just enough so he can write letter and die…they are really expensive since most are taken from dead dragons ,and they live long life..

(other mithycal creatures can be found on interner,, I really don’t’ even remember who I used anymore )

**History of Junho and Wooyoung is longer and sad but I had to make it shorter