The Encounter

I'll Never Let You Go

"JIN!! Jin, honey?! Hurry up!" My mum's calls echoed throughout the house.

Yeah, I'm late. She's probably at the door by now.

And here I am, just finished drying my hair after an unpleasant cold shower. The heater suddenly gone haywire on the day of mum's engangement. Whoopee, my mood had already gone from bad to worse.

"Yeah, mum! Almost done." I said as I finished zipping the porcelain white silky knee length dress.

"MYUNGEUN!! Hurry up!"

"Alright, I'm done. I'm done. And stop calling me that." I settled the finishing touches to my bun and hurriedly slid my petite white sling bag over my shoulder.

A brief look at the mirror, "And DONE!"

I stormed out of my room and ran down the stairs. Mum wasn't at the door. She probably went to start the car.

I grabbed my white heels and locked the door behind me before entering the car.

We were on our way to mum's engagement ceremony at a venue near the town park. My mum has been a single mum since dad died half a decade ago. So basically mum got bored and met someone from work.

Well, I kinda disapproved at first. I'm not that much of an extrovert so I have some problems getting used to a new crowd but seeing her so happy left me feeling sour. So, why not? I thought the house won't be that quite anymore with some fresh faces around. 

"Myungeun, you're late. Again." Mum said as soon as I closed the door. Then, we were on our way.

"Yeah, I know. Blame homework. I barely had enough sleep. And stop calling me Myungeun please, mum?" I flipped down the mirror attached to the inside of the car and examined my eyebags.

"What's wrong with the name Myungeun? It's a great-"

"Mum, please?" I gave her a sad look that made her melt.

"Fine." I smiled before turning back to the mirror and frowning again.

"Oh god." My fingers touched every inch of my face, dreading the flaws.

"Honey, you look great. And I bet Wonho would think the same once he sees you there."

And then it hit me. Did I hear wrong. Or did mum really wanted to play a joke on me.

"Wait. WHAT?!" My scream made mum jump. Realising this, I composed a quick apology.

"Sorry mum but what did you just say?"

"What? You look great?" Mum furrowed her eyebrows, clear of oblivion.

"No, no! Did you just mention-"

"Wonho? Oh yes, he's coming. I thought to burn some time till the ceremony ends, why don't you have some company with you?"

"Ohmygod. This can't be happening right now." I muttered under my breath. Frustration ran through my mind as I think of ways to avoid trouble for the next few hours.

"Why? What's wrong with inviting him?" Mum's voice was urgent but I'm not planning on spilling the beans now.

I let out a deep sigh before answering.

"Ah, nothing's wrong." I lied, just for the sake of not ruining her day.

Just then, we reached the place. I recollected my thoughts and prayed that I won't burst as soon as I see him today.

"You go on and meet the guests or have something to eat, honey. I'm going to meet up with-"

"Yeah, mum. Go meet ahjussi. I'll be over at the food bar."

Mum flashed me an elated smile before turning her back, heading towards her fiancé.

I was already heading towards the food bar and grabbed some snacks before seating on one of the seats while waiting for the engagement to start.

That's when I saw a familiar face which I despised the most.

His strides were confident as he flashed everyone his signature smile. I knew he was trying to get close to me as soon as I saw his smirk. He was taking steps towards me, grinning. He was seriously looking hot but that's just his nature. Deep down, my hatred for him had overpowered my attraction towards him. One name known to all. Wonho.

"Hey, babe. Miss me?" He gave me a smug look before taking a seat next to me and putting an arm over my shoulder. I froze.

No, JIN. Be strong. Don't fall for him. He's a deadass player.

"Get away from me or you're going to see yourself in the hospital tomorrow." I warned as I smiled at him, trying to not make a fuss.

My anger boiled further when I heard his chuckle.

He lifted his arm off of me and moved his face closer to my neck, his hot breath tickling me. My heart pumped rapidly as if I finished a marathon but his player ways had not gotten to me.

Then, he moved his mouth upwards till it was an inch apart from my ear.

"I only see myself in your bed." He whispered, which left me in shock.

Ignore him, JIN. Ignore him. He's trying to mess with your head.

"Back off." My voice was almost to a shout, but I controlled my anger. He was lucky we're in public.

He guffawed, amused at my reaction.

Luckily, the ceremony was about to start. I found my designated seat near the front and sat calmly. Just when I thought I had cooled off.

"You really can't get away from me, do you?" Wonho smirked again, pleasure obvious behind his smile.

He slid an arm around my waist as he took his seat beside me. I glared at him, displeasure in my eyes.

"What? It's my designated seat. All thanks to your mum." He pulled me closer, reducing the distance between us.

You've got to be kidding me.The time that passed felt like years as I waited for it to end. This may be mum's paradise on Earth but it was hell for me. Wonho kept teasing me by clasping my hands in his even though I tried pulling away, he was too strong. Why did I ever date a gym boy? That wasn't all though, his fake kisses drove me crazy. He kissed my hands about two or three times, I resisted but his grip was impossible to break.

And so the torture obviously didn't end there until it all ended.

I rose from my seat quickly and tried to keep my distance away from him as far as possible. I avoided him by going into the crowd to find mum and begged on my knees to go home. But that didn't went so well since Wonho had gripped me when I was halfway there.

"Let go." A tone of anger was in my voice, my teeth clenched. He smirk.

Just then, a hand reached for Wonho's wrist and pulled Wonho's hand off of my wrist. I rubbed my wrist with my other hand before I could catch a glimpse if my saviour.

"She said let go."A rather familiar voice shocked me.

I lifted my head to properly see the face of the tall figure and my heart skipped a beat.

Hyungwon.