Prologue

Blossom

How does love feel like? What even is love in the first place? People usually say you get this weird, hard to describe feeling in your stomach. They often compare it to butterflies tickling your insides. Which sounds totally ridiculous to Jaebum. He couldn’t imagine how would that feel. Probably not comfortable enough to connect it with the word love. Some say that your heart starts to beat so fast when you see “the one” that you feel like your chest will burst. Your hands start to sweat and it’s difficult to properly explain yourself. Yugyeom, Jaebum’s best friend said that though. And he is pretty sure that his hands used to sweat a lot since they were children. He probably just wants to blame it on love, that jerk. But Jaebum doesn’t believe in love. He dated many girls up to now and he has never felt any similar symptoms. The girls on the other hand were always head over heels for him. He is the representation of every high school girl’s dream. He is handsome, kind, smart, athletic and born into a pretty successful family. He did enjoy the time with the girls but that’s about it. They did everything a couple does. He took them to dates, had with them and behaved like the best boyfriend they could ever wish for. His longest relationship lasted about 2 months. He gave it a chance and thought that maybe love will come with time. He hoped it would, so he too could brag to his friends about how happily in love he is.. But he wasn’t and he knew the relationship was doomed to end so he didn’t have the need to extend it any further. The girl shed tears of sadness for a long time. He did feel guilty for that, it’s not like he is emotionless but in the end time heals everything. Or so they say again.

Eventually he stopped looking for love so desperately. Maybe it just wasn’t for him. Perhaps it was a sign that he should focus on other things in his life too. He is still on high school, he’s got plenty of time ahead of him. Or maybe, just maybe the one that’ll make his heart race fast against his ribcage is just yet to come.