001.

Beers and Heartbreaks

Jeongyeon doesn't really drink but for tonight its going to be different, not only because she's planning to drink but also she wants to forget something. She look forward and sees how the sun is already asleep. Moon starting to appear. She stare at the sand as she chuckle, she lied to her boss, she said she's going to visit a family member who died from an accident and she has to go for the funeral, if there's gonna ba an award for the best actress of the year the should have give it to her because damn her boss really did bought that story of hers. She's here not because someone died but because apart of her did. 

She hates how whenever she close her eyes she sees her. She hates whenever she try to sleep she'll hear her. She hates how everything reminds her of 'her'. 

She look up, the water starts pooling her eyes. She wants to scream and curse her but when she's about to do that a girl blocked her view from the moon and suddenly slump herself in front of her.

"Want some drink?" Jeongyeon has her brows furrowed after she heard how the girl talk. "I have beer with me!" The girl exclaimed, almost too excited. 

"Sorry but-" Jeongyeon dont have the chance to finish her sentence when the girl fished a beer inside her small bag and shove it to her. "It's okay, my treat!" She said. 

She hesitate but get the beer anyway, the girl seems so harmless so why not. She watch as the girl position herself beside her and start opening a can of beer. 

The stranger is obviously tipsy. You can tell by just hearing her voice and staring at her burning cheeks. Jeongyeon has been glacing at the latter, checking her every minute after sipping from her beer. The girl is being suspiciously quiet. 

"Ahhh." Jeongyeon let a groan after she finished her beer. She feels disgusted on how the liquid is burning her . her eyes pinching close as she's getting used to the bitter taste of the alcohol when she heard a sob coming from the girl beside her. "M-miss?"

The said girl looked up, some of her hair blocking her face yet it wasn't enough for Jeongyeon to deny how beautiful she is, "Are you okay?" The girl jut her lower lip into a pout for a minute there Jeongyeon thought that she is cute.

"Am i ugly?" 

the sudden question made Jeongyeon confused, she didn't know if the girl is flirting with her or if that's a honest question or was it a trick question.

"Eh?"

The girl stare at the horizon, where Moon meet the sea. "I just want to know if I'm not attracted enough for her to stay with me." 

Jeongyeon shakes her head, if the know this girl since diapers she'll probably punch her in her gut to and tell her that her beauty can put Aphrodite in shame. 

"Crazy" Was the only thing she said.

"What?" The stranger asked, her head is titled in a adorable manner that Jeongyeon has to control herself not to pinch her cheeks. 

"The one who left you. She's crazy for leaving someone like you." 

The stranger didn't utter a word for a moment but she has her eyes on the sand, "Who made you come here?" 

"What do you mean?" 

The latter slowly lift her head before facing Jeongyeon, her once obvious drank face expression was gone. "People tend to come here because of two things it either they are happy in life or broken" 

"What made you think that I'm broke--"

"Because if you aren't, then why are you alone, why are you sitting beside me and having a beer with me? Why does your eyes screams nothing but pain?" The last question was barely a whisper but it was cristal clear in her ears. The latter's word is like a bullet piercing through her heart.

"am i that obvious?"

"Mina" The latter said, her arms spread as she shove another drink to Jeongyeon "You can call me, Mina." 

"Thanks. call me Jeongyeon. Nice name by the way"

"So, what's your story?" Mina softly asked as she open her can. "Hope you won't mind me asking."

The short haired girl waves her hand, "It's fine. It's been a year already I think I'm ready to talk about her." 

Mina nodded.

"I'm not going to talk about our whole rendezvous because it'll took us atleast 3 days to finish our 3 years relationship." Jeongyeon take a sip before continuing. "I-i just cant understand why she left me, why she said we cant be together, why it took her 3 years to tell me we're better off without each other. We tried to work things out but in the end were still failing. She's stop fighting on the war the we promise to battle together."

"Maybe because she didn't want to hurt you."

"Bull crap!" Jeongyeon aggressive shuffles her hair, "but I am hurting now." 

Mina can see the tears rolling down Jeongyeon's cheeks, she wanted to wipe it but she knows that the girl should feel the pain because it's the first step of moving on. 

"10 years" Jeongyeon stop wiping her tears when she heard Mina talk, "10 years of relationship And she ends it with 5 words." Mina spread her palm and start counting, "I. Don't.Love.You.Anymore." she flatly said.

"You were lucky because she let you try to patch things up because I don't" Jeongyeon's tears stop flooding as she watch Mina stare at the sea, "The night we broke up, she told me we are not meant to be and just like that i walk away, I walk away without turning my back at her and it was the dumbest decision i ever did because how i wish I turn to look at her to see if she's crying and hurting just like me. How I wish I turn around and tell her to give us a second chance because a ten years relationship shouldn't end just like that." 

For the first time in an year, Mina finally let all lose, she hates how the tears that she's peen trying to keep in bay start to escape from her eyes and how her sob almost made her choke. She's about to wipe her tears because she hates being a mess when a hand circle its way to her body and trapped her from a warm embrace. 

"I'm sorry." Jeongyeon murmurs as she pull Mina closer to her. 

"Why are you apologizing?" Mina said between her chuckles.

Jeongyeon's lips curved into a small smile, "for making you remember your past? For making you cry?" She can feel how Mina giggles from her embrace.

"It's been a year and this is the first time a turn into a sobbing mess in front of someone." Mina mumbles, her chin comfortably resting over Jeongyeon's shoulder.

"It's a privileged then!" Jeongyeon jokes which probably funny enough that cause Mina to laugh along with her eyes turning into a cresent. The latter slowly broke their hug before flashing Jeongyeon her signature smile.

"Sorry for interrupting your alone time." Mina fidgets. 

"Nah, i enjoy your company nevertheless." She smiled, "Are you going now or are you going to find another person to offer your beers?" 

The way Jeongyeon wiggle her brows made Mina laugh once again, the girl surprisingly find Jeongyeon funny. Weird.

"For your information i don't offer free drinks to anyone just to people who deserve this." 

Jeongyeon teasingly waves Mina off, " Yeah, yeah whatever you say, why don't you just stay for a little and have a star gazing with me?" She lie down without waiting for Mina's reply, though Mina also lie down down beside her. 

"So are you like, afraid of falling in love now?" Jeongyeon curiously asked.

Mina stopped humming, she turn her head to face Jeongyeon. "You shouldn't Be afraid of falling in love, you should be afraid of the person who you will fall for. Falling in love is beautiful but falling out of love is another story. Both different but both will make you a strong person, yeah?" 

Jeongyeon realize how Mina's eyes sparkles whenever she talk about love, the girl maybe heart broken but the way her eyes shines, she can tell that she's on her way to moving on and opening her heart to love again. 

Jeongyeon's lips curved into a smile a thought flashes through her mind: maybe this time.

"They said you shouldn't fall in love after a break up cause maybe it's not really love."

"And?"

"Want to figure it out if it's true?" 

Mina blinks, she's not sure if she's hearing things right so she ask again, "E-eh?" Blush visible on her cheeks. 

Jeongyeon burst out laughing which made her receive a push from the girl lying beside her. "Nothing" she said between her giggles. 

"You are such a cutie."

"Ya!" 

And as if Jeongyeon knows how to push Mina's button, she starts laughing again not because she she loves seeing a burning Mina (she secretly enjoys it) but because she can feel her heart healing again and ready to start brand new. Mina is still pouting when Jeongyeon's laughter start subsiding, heck a pouting Mina can be one of the seven wonders of the world.

"Are you going to be here when i wake up?" Jeongyeon asked, her eyes locked to Mina's. 

"W-wait, you sleeping here?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"N-nothing, it's ju-"

"So, am i going to see you the first time i open my eyes tomorrow?"

Mina fidgets, her cheeks is not the only one bursting in colour red but also her ears. "but that means i should stay right?"

"Yes." Jeongyeon whispers, "so you'll stay?" Oh, how she prays so hard to God that Mina will say yes.

Mina looked away before staring back at Jeongyeon, This girl beside her made her feel different emotions in just an hour with her and that's not bad because the blush on her cheeks and the way her heart race is telling her that maybe this time it's not going to be as tragic as before so;

"Okay, I'll stay."

Jeongyeon cheekily smile before moving her body closer to Mina. It wasn't a confession but it's a great start to forever so why not.

Mina is a strong person who isn't afraid to fall in love again even after she had her heart broken. 

Jeongyeon is a strong person because she's ready to fall again if it means she'll fall for Mina.