Ch. 2

Filling in the Blanks
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was quiet on the way to the garden with the occasional talking among the nurses. Quiet is good and bad at the same time; good that it gives a person a peaceful state of mind to think, bad that it raises the level of eeriness in the hospital.

 

"Um, Officer Jeon?" I was only looking forward, but I could tell that he heard me and looked at me. I can feel the shivers inside my body every time he looks at me. "What is it?" "When will I get discharged from the hospital?" "Well, your wound hasn't healed yet and you just came out of a coma. I believe you'll be here for a few more days to keep an eye on your health levels and for rehabiliation." "Oh. I see. One more thing." "What is it?"

 

This time, I actually turned back to look at him and he stopped pushing the sheelchair to look back at me. "Since we're going to be around each other for a long while, I'm just going to call you by your first name and you can do the same thing to me. Is that alright with you?" He had the faintest smile on his lips before giving me a small, firm nod. That little smile he just sent was enough to shake my heart for a bit, just a little bit.

 

The garden was quiet, a peaceful quiet. There are patients wwalking around, sitting on the grassy areas, or sitting on the benches. "Let's go to the empty bench over there, Jungkook." With that said, he made our way to the bench and I motioned him to sit on the bench beside me.

 

"Jungkook-ah." He looked over at me. Wow, that feels awkward just calling him like that. "Um, so how exactly are you an officer when you're this young? Shouldn't you be in university now or something?" He nodded and looked back to his front while I just look at his side profile.

 

"Yes, people my age should be studying in university now. I actually skipped high school and went straight to university after middle school ended. I also finished university early. Right after graduating, I went to train at the police academy and became a police officer." I just continued staring at him in amazement.

 

"Wow, you know exactly what you want. Uh... is it okay if I ask more questions?" He turned his head towards me and the corner of his lips lifted just a little bit, giving the tiniest smile. Only someone who paid extremely close attention to him would be able to tell that he was smiling when he actually was smiling. "Go ahead." "Is it okay to ask questions about... my case?" He seemed a bit hesitant at first, but he eventually nodded his head.

Please log in to read the full chapter