Wanna Be

Love Me the Same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu had woken up just staring at her bedroom ceiling.

 

She was currently very in bed which was bad but then the fact that there was no one beside her was sort of good. Maybe everything from last night was just a dream caused by her pent up frustration? She was proved wrong however when she felt the fatigue set in. The scratches on her back definitely told her it was real and so did the engagement ring which sat on her bedside table. It wasn’t a dream; she actually slept with Nayeon.

 

On one hand she was happy because she now knew that their feelings were mutual but overshadowing that happiness was everything else. What had she been thinking? Nayeon was and still is her brother’s fiancé! She had done something wrong, so very wrong and yet she was still happy about it. Her own emotions made her feel sick and her actions just proved that she might as well be twisted. Tzuyu had just sat up in bed when the bedroom door opened.

 

“Oh don’t get up yet you’re probably still worn out.” Nayeon blushed as memories of last night appeared. The way that Tzuyu touched her, how the younger held her and how right Tzuyu’s name sounded as it fell from her own lips again and again throughout the night. She quickly shook them off before quickly hurrying over to her side and placed a tray on her lap. “I made you breakfast in bed so you can rest a bit more.” Tzuyu could only stare at the well prepared meal of porridge and sliced fruits as the guilt from her actions washed over her.

 

“I… I can’t” She muttered out as her breakfast stared blankly back at her. Nayeon quickly moved the tray to the bedside table before cupping Tzuyu’s cheek.

 

“Are you saying you want me to feed you?” Nayeon giggled as she blew on a spoonful of porridge before exaggeratingly saying ‘ah’ in an aegyo filled voice. Her hand was however pushed away gently by Tzuyu causing her face to instantly go from cutesy to confused. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Everything. This situation, the breakfast, us… it’s all wrong.” As the words left she couldn’t bear to look Nayeon in the eyes. Running her hand through her already messy bed hair, Tzuyu let out a huff before she continued. “We’re both already committed to other people and then we go ahead and do this. Doesn’t it just seem so wrong?”

 

“What are you saying? We can overcome this together.” Nayeon was holding her hands tightly now with a forced smile on her face as what Tzuyu was thinking finally dawned on her. “We love each other right?”

 

“I used to think that we have a choice in everything and that love could overcome a lot of things but this isn’t one of them...” Tzuyu pulled her hands away and the tears almost came out again when she felt herself missing Nayeon’s warmth already. “There isn’t a ‘we’ to overcome this problem, never was and never will be.”

 

“A-are you saying that you regret what happened last night?” Nayeon asked and Tzuyu could see the older girl’s eyes trembling. Nayeon had given all of her to Tzuyu. Not even Mark had gotten that far yet and deep down Tzuyu knew this and she didn’t want to lie but she had to. Without giving the shorter girl a reply Tzuyu reached over and grabbed the engagement ring off the table.

 

“I’m saying that last night and right now shouldn’t have happened.” She gently held Nayeon’s left hand in her own before slipping the band back onto its right position. Just seeing Nayeon being marked as someone else’s made Tzuyu’s heart ache. Reality was just too brutal. “You belong to my brother just like how this ring belongs on your finger. There isn’t another option for this situation.”

 

A loud slap echoed through the room and Tzuyu could only catch a glimpse of Nayeon’s worried expression as her head snapped to the side, but it was quickly shifted to one of sadness. Her sobs filled the room as Tzuyu continued to look away. The sound of her crying was already tearing the younger to pieces, what would happen if she actually saw the tears streaming down her cheeks? All Tzuyu knew was that she had to end this, whatever it was that they had, the final blow had to be dealt.

 

“You should probably head back to your room soon, when Mark wakes up he’ll want to see you.”

 

Just like that Nayeon got up and began to walk back to her room. She didn’t even look back once and Tzuyu was grateful because if she did then she would’ve seen the tears that were silently falling from her own eyes. When she was sure that Nayeon had gone, Tzuyu reached over and tried her breakfast, the breakfast that Nayeon had made with Tzuyu in mind.

 

A spoonful of porridge was all it took for Tzuyu’s tears to start falling. A breakfast that had been made with love and care had never tasted so bittersweet.

 

The following weeks were much more normal than what Tzuyu had expected. Aside from the nightmares she had of seeing Nayeon cry because of her every night, things had worked out on their own and for the best. She had continued to avoid Nayeon and this time the older girl also put in some effort. They could be in the same room together but they never spoke directly to each other nor looked at each other. Instead they would be paying a ton of unnecessary attention to their respective partners. This of course wasn’t missed by a pair of round, squirrel-like eyes.

 

Knowing that Tzuyu had a habit of reading in her room after lunch, Sana took this chance to corner her ‘girlfriend’. She walked into Tzuyu’s room expecting the younger girl to be reading on her bed as usual but was surprised when she found her just sitting there staring off into space. Her expression of pain wasn’t even masked.

 

“Alright, spill it. What happened between the two of you?” Sana blurted as she plopped ungraciously onto Tzuyu’s bed. The younger girl immediately lay down beside her and pulled her in for a cuddling session as if it was the most natural thing to do. “Ok, now you’re starting to creep me out…”

 

“Couples are supposed to cuddle right?” Despite her earlier protest Sana pulled Tzuyu closer too as she snuggled into her chest. The two were just lying there enjoying the sound of each other’s breathing and heartbeat until Tzuyu broke the silence. “I ruined something and fixed something but its fine now.”

 

Sana could only hum as she heard the blatant lie. They were close enough to know each other’s thoughts without trying and yet here they were, lying to both each other and themselves. Eventually the two fell asleep in each other’s embrace. Maybe it was the warmth that came from another human body but whatever it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter